Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My experiences going from the Align 420L (3200KV) to the 450th is that I have to reduce the pinion from 13T to 11T, I may go down to a 10T as I find the HS a little too high for recreational flying.

I suspect that the capacitors on the ESC has something to do with the powercuts (Assuming the heatsink have proper contact with the mosfets and are not overheating) ....maybe I'll try replacing the capacitor on the ESC with a bigger one (Within specs of course)

There are only 3 reasons for ESC powercuts

1) Overheating - Themal cutoff.
    2) Overloading - Current Input lower then output required.
    3) Faulty circuitry - Shorted or glitch anywher in the system.
    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

For Align motors, they have high current draw. Therefore causing thermal cut in the esc and they tend to run very hot.

Comment

i am using the align 35a esc and i am using the align 400lf (2800kv) and have tried a motor very similar to the 450th. you know it may just be that esc im currently doing a mod. the heat sink doesnt ever get hot because align has put the heat sink on the heat shrink wrap so its pointless so your esc may be over heating and that may cause your power cuts.. i can't add my word document because its to big and also having some problems with my word its showing a password thing anyway back to the point heres the link of the mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Swashhead
          Hi Lerlo,

Two days ago I just bought a 450TH to replace my very hot Align 430L. My ESC is also the Align RCE-BL35G and I'm facing exactly the same problem as you now.

This are my ESC settings
          Brake : disabled - BEEP
          Electronic Timing : Mid timing - BEEP BEEP
          Batt Protection : 60% - BEEP BEEP BEEP
          Aircraft : Helicopter 1 - BEEP BEEP
          Are they the same as yours?

I also didn't notice any improvement in the power and endurance using this motor. How about you?

I'm gonna try some hocus-pocus in a couple of days - I'll put on an external BEC and see if the problem vanishes.

Swashhead
          Nope, I didnt feel any power improvement when i changed it, but I felt it was smoother? I also dunnoe how to say.....
          I felt the 430L had more torque. I also heard the 450th should run smaller pinion.....
          Anyway Im gonna try to solve this problem when Im back in sg..... Will let u know......

Comment

[QUOTE=Lerlo]Nope, I didnt feel any power improvement when i changed it, but I felt it was smoother? I also dunnoe how to say.....
            I felt the 430L had more torque. I also heard the 450th should run smaller pinion.....
            Anyway Im gonna try to solve this problem when Im back in sg..... Will let u know.....
            Ive heard it could be gold connectors that come with the 450th not being very good and causing glitches.....

Comment

Oops sorry, didnt know cannot edit post.......

Comment

u can try the heat sink mod for the align esc. if not can get the quark 33a. thats quite problem free 'for most ppl!'

Comment

Align 35A ESC

Hi, I also got the same problem. After I hover for about 1mins and the ESC with cut off the power. The ESC was very hot. But now I have already solve the problem with mod the align ESC heat sink. I brought the Cool Master Little Chipset Cooler from Sim Lin Sq cost me $9. Take out the align heat sink and cut out the heat shrink. After cutting the heat shrink from the top, put in the cool master little chipset cooler and you will able to fit 6 pcs. After testing hovering for 5mins with the high RPM, the ESC still working normal and didn't cut off.

The problem for Align ESC Heat sink is, the heat sink is attached to the heat shrink material. I still thinking how the heat going to transfer from the MOSFETs to the heat sink.

Comment

Working...
                  X