X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help to algin the giro...

after flying sometimes with wrong settings of the giro
    now im trimming the Head Lock Gyro RCE-500 for my t-rex X
    but things are getting from bad to worst........

i wonder if anyone knows how???

im using
    op 6 for the heli

what i get from rotor is that the
    1st-fly the heli without giro
    2nd-adjust the sevo til the tail is straight
    3nd-on the giro so that the head-lock will works well
    note:giro in op 6 should be at 70%

but after the adjust
    the heli will tends to over giro and turn left after flying for 5 mins.

look at this link im having the same problem basically

Comment

Try this:

- Tx rudder ATV (end points) = 100% (Both ways)
      - Trim and Sub trim = 0
      - Tx gyro gain setting = start with 60% HH and Rate mode
      - Servo arms = 90* along servo (start with a hole around 13mm from centre)
      - Tail pitch slider = centre of travel

1) Put Tx to HH mode and try to hover, adjust tail with the rudder sub trim until it holds solid.
      2) Land the heli and switch to Rate mode, take off and most likely the tail will swing, take note which direction, land the heli and adjust mechanically by the tail control rod or servo holder until you get a solid tail at rate mode DO NOT ADJUST BY THE TX SUB TRIM !
      3) Go to step 1 and adjust if necessary.
      4) Increase the Tx gain until the tail starts to "wag" then back down a teeny bit so that it is solid.

That's it ! ....you're done !
      Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

How to trim the tail / set the Gain

I think you should try to trim the tail first, then adjust the gyro gain. This is how I did it, quite similar with Ghostfit. This has to be don in a NO wind condition.

1) To trim the tail, you must set the gyro to standard mode (rate mode) or if you like you can also do it without gyro installed.

2) With the rudder stick at centre position and trim at 0, arrange the servo horn to be at 90 degree (close as possible) to the boom. If cannot get exactly 90 degree, then use the rudder subtrim on the Tx to turn it to 90 degree.

3) Temporary adjust the tail servo on the boom so that the tail rotor slider is about mid position on the tail shaft. Do note that the tail rotor will need some pitch to swing the tail to the left to counter the main rotor's force.

4) Set your gyro to standard mode (rate mode). First you need to check the direction of the tail rotor movement. With rudder stick moved to the left, the tail slider should move to the right towards the tail rotor blade. If this is not correct, just reverse the rudder servo in TX.

5) Then check the direction of the gyro movement. This can be done by physically moving the tail to right (anti-clockwise) and the the tail slider should move to the left to counter the tail drift. If this is not correct, just reverse the gyro direction.

6) Once you have done the above, hover your heli on standard mode (rate mode).

If the tail swing to the left (clockwise), lengthen the push rod or move the rudder servo a bit towards th nose direction.

If the tail swing to the to right((anti-clockwise), then shorten the push rod or move the rudder servo away from the direction of the nose.

Once you can get the heli to more or less hold its tail, then the tail is trimmed. However, please ensure that you trim the tail in a no wind condition.

7) Once the tail is trimmed, you may set the Tx to heading hold mode and slowly increase the gyro gain from 60% until the point just before the tail starts to wag.

That's all to it

HoPe ThIs HelPs
        Heli
        Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
        Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
        Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
        Buggy
        Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
        Charger : Tahmazo T15
        Balancer : TP205
        Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
          Try this:

- Tx rudder ATV (end points) = 100% (Both ways)
          - Trim and Sub trim = 0
          - Tx gyro gain setting = start with 60% HH and Rate mode
          - Servo arms = 90* along servo (start with a hole around 13mm from centre)
          - Tail pitch slider = centre of travel

1) Put Tx to HH mode and try to hover, adjust tail with the rudder sub trim until it holds solid.
          2) Land the heli and switch to Rate mode, take off and most likely the tail will swing, take note which direction, land the heli and adjust mechanically by the tail control rod or servo holder until you get a solid tail at rate mode DO NOT ADJUST BY THE TX SUB TRIM !
          3) Go to step 1 and adjust if necessary.
          4) Increase the Tx gain until the tail starts to "wag" then back down a teeny bit so that it is solid.

That's it ! ....you're done !
          but how to make the servo arms to 90* without using the sub-trim in the tx option meu
          and btw.......
          whats is HH????
          and in order to set the tx without using the giro
          is by selecting the giro to INNH????? which is to select left????

Comment

Hi zattan 22,

In my case, as you can read from my post above, I use the subtrim to get the servo arm to 90* first. I think Ghostfit (experienced old bird) uses a slightly different approach which should have the same outcome.

HH means heading hold mode

Basically you trim the tail on 'standard mode' where the gyro is set low (for me, I set it to 23*). I think if you INNH the Gyro, it might do the same but I have not try that.

There is a video clip from Bob fin which helps explains further, I will try and post for your later.

hOpE ThiS HelPs

Originally posted by zattan22
            but how to make the servo arms to 90* without using the sub-trim in the tx option meu
            and btw.......
            whats is HH????
            and in order to set the tx without using the giro
            is by selecting the giro to INNH????? which is to select left????
            Heli
            Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Originally posted by w_kby
              I think Ghostfit (experienced old bird) uses a slightly different approach which should have the same outcome.

OUI ! .....I'm not that "OLD" leh ! .....probably same age as you, brother w_kby

As for experiences .....I'm just a begineer ! .....Serious ! when compared to some of the heli flyers I know !

zattan 22 ....Would be quite difficult to teach you the gyro setup by typing, would be BEST if you are able to attend a FF and get an experienced flyer to show you.

Cheers !

Comment

Brother Tony,

I remember when I was much younger and someone call me 'old bird', I feel proud as he recoganise my knowledge.

When I actually got older, I feel disturbed when someone call me 'old bird' because I feel he was refering to my age.

So, when I rcalled you an 'old bird', I was actually refering to your knowledge and not your age.

But if you somehow think otherwise, then you must be really getting old ... like me

To think of it, old is good too. But too old is Bad

OUI ! .....I'm not that "OLD" leh ! .....probably same age as you, brother w_kby

As for experiences .....I'm just a begineer ! .....Serious ! when compared to some of the heli flyers I know !

zattan 22 ....Would be quite difficult to teach you the gyro setup by typing, would be BEST if you are able to attend a FF and get an experienced flyer to show you.

Cheers !
                Heli

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Here's the link to the video:

Gyro Setup - by Bob Fins

Select the link on the web that '401 gyro setup (48 Megs)' The basic should be the same as your Align gyro. You may need to register with heliFreak before you can view the clip.

hOpe ThiS Helps

There is a video clip from Bob fin which helps explains further, I will try and post for your later.
                  Heli

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Brother Tony,

I remember when I was much younger and someone call me 'old bird', I feel proud as he recoganise my knowledge.

When I actually got older, I feel disturbed when someone call me 'old bird' because I feel he was refering to my age.

So, when I rcalled you an 'old bird', I was actually refering to your knowledge and not your age.

But if you somehow think otherwise, then you must be really getting old ... like me

To think of it, old is good too. But too old is Bad
                    ....Old is Old ! ....dun admit also cannot !

...But I'm contented, ......with good health, wife, kids and very importantly, ...Good friends to share this passion of heli with !

Comment

Don't worry brother.

I PrOmIsE ...I will grow Old with You. So you don't have to be alone

....Old is Old ! ....dun admit also cannot !

...But I'm contented, ......with good health, wife, kids and very importantly, ...Good friends to share this passion of heli with !
                      Heli

Plane

Buggy

Comment

i have done the followings:
                        set the servo in 90*
                        adjust the tail in INNH mode til straight
                        but when i turn on the giro in 60%
                        the tail start to turn left and the nose to right..
                        and the heli tail will wag a little

Does that mean that i have to adjust the
                        the tail again in HH mode again???

thanks for all the advices from all guys......

Comment

If you have properly Trimmed the tail at Standard Mode (non-heading hold mode), then the triming is done. Just initialise the heli and make sure it is in headin hold mode to check the gain.

If at 60* you are not getting enough tail control, then slowly increase the gain till the tail wag (looks like too stiff from over control, so it wags).

Make sure the rudder trim is alway set to zero and when you initialise your heli, do not move it or touch your Tx controls until the gyro is initialised, else the gyro may not initialise correctly and tail might move when you start up.

Originally posted by zattan22
                          i have done the followings:
                          set the servo in 90*
                          adjust the tail in INNH mode til straight
                          but when i turn on the giro in 60%
                          the tail start to turn left and the nose to right..
                          and the heli tail will wag a little

Does that mean that i have to adjust the
                          the tail again in HH mode again???

thanks for all the advices from all guys......
                          Heli

Plane

Buggy

Comment

hey man 60% way to high i am around 30% - 40% and holds nicely

Comment

Hmmm...thanks matt for your point. Just to share my figures:

On my optic 6 with GY401
                              For Heading hold mode, I set to 73% and Standard mode at 20%

On my JR 9XII with GY401
                              For Heading hold mode, I set to 70% and Standard mode at 23%

The setting depends on the type of Tx and gyro used and can be very different from mine. The important things are the steps to trim the tail and gradually adjust the gain to a point you can hold the tail straight.

If 30% works for your Tx/Gyro combination, it is also good.

Originally posted by Matt
                              hey man 60% way to high i am around 30% - 40% and holds nicely
                              Heli

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Working...
                              X