Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 times in 21 days

Argh!!!!!I cannot believe it!!!!!!

Before all these there were quite a bit of issues on engine problems....ring gave way./...bearing problem etc etc......

Then got the bird up and running...all thanks to engine on loan from airwolf....whilst running in I thought I saw the aileron servo glitch a bit....and I IGNORED it...@#$!@#$

decided to get the hyper when SHS's stock came in...happy...power etc etc....but on 1st flight...the tail blade grip FLEW OUT....GAWD....

After I got myself a completely new tail blade grip system, ran the engine for 4 tanks to run in....then leaned out...was at BP and doing some circuits...whilst on the left side doing Figure 8s the heli Banked left....and aileron stayed LEFT...crashed..destroyed the whole head....everything above the main mast lock KAPUTED....everything below was ok....DUH

Rebulit and tested flight....hovering...inverted hover....power climbouts etc etc.....all was ok...went figure 8ing again and suddenly engine overspeed like crazy and the bird lost power and SLAMMED into the ground.....upon impact...the main mast lock came up and bound the swash plate upwards...hence...FULL POSITIVE.....the bird bungeed twice..and chicken dance on the third.....

Picked up the bird...all looked well from the main mast lock upwards......Broke EVERYTHING below....

So....crashed...destroyed everything on top...then crashed...destroyed everything below....

Changed almost everything.....

Tested flight today....looked well.....tic tock was nice and powerful....inverted climbout was GOOD.......then went figure 8ing again....and at the left turn....SERVO LOCKED AGAIN!!!!

The bird went inverted.....and I managed to flip it back about 2 ft from the ground. punched full -ve....and the servo locked again...this time round...it just stayed locked....crashed....

I think I saw.....

Broken canopy....
    Broken front skids...
    bent flybar
    broken flybar control loops
    Burnt and broken Clutch. clutch bell
    bent my metal blade grips....
    Crashed blades
    bruised ego
    NO CONFIDENCE TO FLY

tomorrow will repair and change servo....gonna cost me another 200++++++.....

When will things get right?!?!?!

Work's not going well....g/f's screwing things up BIG time....heli's @#$!@#$% up....dinged car bumper...busted credit cards.....damn!!

anyone in a worse position?!

and DON'T ask me to fly a micro

TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

think you need to see a "sai gong" and cleanse your heli/gf/car/job/etc....
    ---------------------
    Ergo 30 SS
    Voyager E

Comment

Relax.. think positive, be happy.
      The winds will change.
      huh

Comment

Well, I guess we all have our bad times...

At least there's a place here for us to grumble and for fellow flyers here to listen to our whinings....
        [SIZE="1"]
        [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
        Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

its time to fly your foam plane instead...

servo lock must be due to PCM lock out.
          did you set the PCM lock to the last command?
          i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Take a break man! Go for a run or swim.
            You will perform best (almost in everything) when the mind and body is in good shape.

Comment

Hey Art, gotta take thing easy!
              We're all here to here u grumble!

Do what i do, go to the nearest Singapore Sweep outlet, buy $2 of Toto/4D quickpick..
              U never know when ur R90 is coming in for free!

Life's like that, and that's what makes it even more fun!

Come fly with us this Sat at Jalan Bahar!
              Sure "Po Bi" ur heli Ping Ping An An one!

Comment

There are all times where we feel we're all in the worst possible situation and things can't get any worse. The cool thing about being down is when you reach rock bottom, the only direction you can go is back UP again. In certain cases, when u haven't hit ROCK bottom yet, U're actually not too far away from it

Well, at least you still got your Malboro Light, and your lighter's working....( I'm a non-smoker)

We're all here man, and we'll have days like yours, hopefully when we''ll be as strong as you are when those days come...

Comment

This is what I learned very very recently...

When a familiar door is shut,
                  Many will just stand outside the shut door, stare at it, and hoped that it will re-open for them.

What they fail to notice is, all about them, there are many new doors newly opened...

I badly missed my Raptor, but have no regrets flying my Estarter during this rocky peroid of mine.
                  The EStarter really helps me to de-stress, much more than my R30 did.

"Don't worry, be happy"
                  "Look on the bright side of life.. hoo-hoo.."
                  huh

Comment

like you used to tell me, take a break man. when you come back you'll find yourself flying better.
                    JR 9x
                    Raptor 50 SE
                    Raptor 90 3D
                    Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
                    Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
                    Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

wah ... i think i must take a notebook and copy down all these words of wisdom

Hope u folks r as experienced as ur thoughts ... "scali" find out everyone here younger than me ...

Here's my 2cents,

Cheer up la Arthur ... the only way to mend a broken heart is time ... time and more girls * hehe *

Comment

I think i am in a worst position than you art.... at least medically...
                        after the past sunday funfly... i have been down with fever till now!! Went to see doc on monday...sent me to hospital for blood test, for dengue fever testing... luckily negative, but then fever did not go down at all... highest was 39.7 deg!! went back monday evening for jab, night got better but then tues fever came back. This morning go see that doc and he sent me to A&E!!
                        more blood test and x ray and nothing again... gave me more pills to eat!! Now as i am typing, i am beginning to feel a flu coming!!

sniff sniff....

so be glad you are well and jumping.... i have been sleeping so much these four days that if my wife was to water me, i probably will grow roots to the bed
                        Last edited by dabiddo; 13-10-2004, 04:24 PM.

Comment

sounds like SARs-- not trying to scare you.. sorry
                          i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Ur head speed it too high
                            TX:2 Sanwa Quasars , Futaba 9C super (heli)
                            Gliders :JW 54 , Sprinter , Flip400 (unbuilt)
                            Planes: Jumping Jack,,Zoom 4D,IFO, magic 3d,
                            Helis:Feda,Zap 400

Comment

David, muz be suffering from flying disorder of some sort..
                              Kidding! Wish u get well soon so u can fly with us!

Comment

Working...
                              X