Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio for Newbie

Gurus...

What radio, receiver, servos should I get... taking into cost contrains... I am trying to avoid spending more than 1.3k in the bird (Hawk/raptor) + all other neccessary stuff.

1) Hitec 7CH
    2) Futaba FF6H
    3) Futaba FF9CHP
    huh

The hitec is a lot of radio for that price.. just that it doesn't have all those fancy graphs stuff.. at least 4 members here are using it..
    As for 9chp, its one that u'll probably not out grow in a long long time.. i estimate bout 7+ members here using it?

check them out..
    Hitec and Futaba

Failure is not final,
    Success is never ending:
    It is not the destination but the journey that matters.

Wadever the journey, keep flying!

Comment

Hey,

I guess a good advice would be to get the best radio u can afford at this stage..
      That's what alot of them advised me to do when i first started out..
      Because u wun need to upgrade it when the time comes!
      The radio shld be a good investment right from the start..
      Else u would inevitably lose money if u sell off and get another radio..

And i believe a 9CHP is more than adequate for most pple
      Alot of us are actually using it...

I use it with my Feda.. heehee..

Comment

HI! Nic,

Go for a good radio controller it will take you a very long way. Investing abit more on controller and you would 't have to upgrade anymore. If you are getting something too cheap after few months down the road you might thinking of changing it again because it might not be what you want in the first place. I not trying to sell my Tx to you by saying is thing. This is a very good tips for you since you are looking for a Tx. You might want to know some of the members here got (Brand-X Tx but change to 9chp after that) The question is why! If you can tell me.

Jameswilliam

Comment

yo nic! this might be hard to fit your budget, but you should get the best tx you can get. unless you will have money to buy a new tx later on, i suggest nothing less than a futaba 9c, or jr 9x. both are about the same in performance. depends on personal choice. the 9x is slight more ex, but i feel its more solid and personally, it looks nicer. the hitec is a good tx, lots of features, but the construction wise, i would not say it is good. it feels flimsy. so do the sanwa\airtronics radios. they're good on features, but the sanwa/airtronics switches are really not good. and their construction is also rather flimsy. IMO, i like to fly with something that feels comfortable in my hands, not something that has a cheap plastic feel. consider the 9c and 9x
          JR 9x
          Raptor 50 SE
          Raptor 90 3D
          Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
          Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
          Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Hitec flimsy????you talking about the lazer????if it's the eclispe 7 then I think it's very professional...all mbut the absence of a LCD Display.....feels better than the 347....

TREX 500 ESP
            Futaba T12FGH

Comment

the 347 feels better leh... i got a chance to handle the hitec...kinda feels like a sanwa... but at least the switches are much better than those on a sanwa...hahaha
              JR 9x
              Raptor 50 SE
              Raptor 90 3D
              Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21

Comment

The JR 347 kinda has a simpler look to it as it has less switches.. i chose the eclipse cos it has more switches.. thought that looked more cool.. haha
                Failure is not final,
                Success is never ending:
                It is not the destination but the journey that matters.

Wadever the journey, keep flying!

Comment

I have to admit...

Personally, JR sticks feels much better..
                  Probably smoother also...

Played around with the 9x and 347, definite one of the better feels arnd..

The 347 is like going for $370++ at Hobby Shack for TX + Batt + Wall Charger ONLY..
                  That was the last i was quoted..

Comment

anyone tried JR X-3810?
                    huh

Comment

Originally posted by PhiBeR
                      I have to admit...

Personally, JR sticks feels much better..
                      Probably smoother also...

Played around with the 9x and 347, definite one of the better feels arnd..

The 347 is like going for $370++ at Hobby Shack for TX + Batt + Wall Charger ONLY..
                      That was the last i was quoted..
                      Surely upgrade the TX in few months time.( Trust me ) PhiBer you own a Futaba 9chp too right? Nic Jr 3810 is a 8 channel Tx and is a few years back product with no Dig trim.

Jameswilliam

Comment

i didn't know the 347 was still on sale. i have it, and i have to say i love it. the switches feel nice, and the sticks are very smooth. it has all the features needed to do even advanced aerobatics, and a good menu and display.
                        JR 9x
                        Raptor 50 SE
                        Raptor 90 3D
                        Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21

Comment

William.. but I went to several web sites.. all states X3810 is the latest from JR with ADT.

http://www.modelflight.com.au/rc_mod...rc_control.htm
                          huh

Comment

nic, the 8310 has since been replaced by the 9x. the features of the 8310 are comparable to a 9c, with just one less channel. 9x rawks!!!
                            JR 9x
                            Raptor 50 SE
                            Raptor 90 3D
                            Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21

Comment

Brandon,

Thanks.. I got it mixed up.. I meant X3810 ADT instead of X3810

Here is the diff I found (taken from an Italian site, translated using google.)

Remote control JR X-3810 A.D.T.

The new X-3810 A.D.T. one differs from the previous X-3810 in the Trims that is electronic and some modernizations of the program. After to only have tried the precision and the praticità of the trimmer electronic if it will be able some to understand to bottom the usefullness. An appropriate program allows to regulate the length of the race to every bip and in the case of the motor extinction an appropriate switch of the emitter will have itself to be used.
                              The solo trim the motor is mechanic in order to allow to an express extinction
                              huh

Comment

Working...
                              X