Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i use 72mhz transmitter in Singapore?Pls help!

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i use 72mhz transmitter in Singapore?Pls help!

Only now i found out that 29mhz is legal in Singapore!But i have got a 72mhz...can i still use it in Singapore?I don't wish to get into any problem...Pls advise.Thank you!
    Shuttle Hirobo
    Jr Propo 9X

Re: Can i use 72mhz transmitter in Singapore?Pls help!

Originally posted by Newbirdie
    Only now i found out that 29mhz is legal in Singapore!But i have got a 72mhz...can i still use it in Singapore?I don't wish to get into any problem...Pls advise.Thank you!
    Go ahead !
    Don't worry
    Team RCFlipMaster

Comment

Some ppl do use 72 mhz.. no worries

Failure is not final,
      Success is never ending:
      It is not the destination but the journey that matters.

Wadever the journey, keep flying!

Comment

Originally posted by BonJour Brat
        Some ppl do use 72 mhz.. no worries

But isn't only the freq 29mhz is allowed here in Singapore??Will i get fine?Pls. advise...thanks!
        Shuttle Hirobo
        Jr Propo 9X

Comment

This topic has been discussed before in the old forum.. other frequencies which one might use for flying crafts is technically not illegal to use.. its in the grey area..
          Failure is not final,
          Success is never ending:

Comment

Originally posted by BonJour Brat
            This topic has been discussed before in the old forum.. other frequencies which one might use for flying crafts is technically not illegal to use.. its in the grey area..
            huhh?Grey area??Pls. enlighten thank you....
            Shuttle Hirobo
            Jr Propo 9X

Comment

Actually i think IDA regulates that transmitter above a certain power lvl needs to be regulated..
              But our TXs are so small like in the raneg of mW..
              So I think they're not of a concern...

Then again i might be wrong...

I'm on 72mhz btw..

Comment

Its neither right nor wrong.. no one said it was..
                so its kinda to that effect
                Failure is not final,
                Success is never ending:

Comment

haha yeah that's one of the little perks of living in singapore.
                  Lots of grey areas. If it's not wrong it's ok.

Comment

I am using this freq too. If you are planning to get one or change one suggest you should skip this freq, cause I have read some where is freq is prone to interference from the servo?
                    JCho

Comment

Just to enlighten everybody. I've searched the ida guidelines before and you can refer to IDA TS 9 document from the IDA website.

Basically, there are only two legal bands to use for RC in Sg, the 27Mhz and 29MHz.

In the 27MHz, there are only 6 channels available and depending on the output power of the Tx (typically less than 100mW) does not need a license. For anything above 100mW RF Output power, you need a license.

However, for the 29MHz for RC aeromodel use, irregardless of the RF Output power, you still need a license to operate on the measely allocated 12 channels for the whole of Singapore.

Irregardless even if you use 29MHz, you still need a license to legally operate the RC transmitter.

Based on the previous threads in the starhub E RC Flying forum, the police are most linient in enforcing these guidelines and in rare extreme cases, they will only ask you if you have a license when somebody complains about you and just ask you to stop what you are doing. Either they won't bother to check the frequency band of your Tx or they are not aware of it.

The only problem with using other bands is that if there is a legal frequency users on the channel that you are using, they may cause interference to your system or worst you cause them interference.

Check this link [h2p://www.ida.gov.sg/idaweb/pnr/infopage.jsp?infopagecategory=regulation:pnr&versionid=1&infopageid=I1246] of the IDA frequency spectrum plan know which frequency is being used by what application.

It pays to know the facts but don't let it bother you. The important thing is to fly responsively and safely and just enjoy the hobby. As long as no one complains, it's ok.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

Great one FDC!

Failure is not final,
                        Success is never ending:

Comment

Working...
                        X