X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tandem TRex v2.0

Hi all

Here is my Tandem TRex v2.0
    It is currently a 2 bladed flybarless per head design. I wanted to go 3 bladed per head but a bit of lazy to build the 2nd head (already have one 3 bladed head).

The frontal rotor head is lower than rear.
    Oh.. I may use the frontal elevator servo for controlling the frontal rotor head so it can tilt forward (like in real Chinook) and also use for taxing (if I install wheel instead of landing skids)

Due to GY401 DO NOT GO ALONE WELL with V-Tail mixer, it only have 2 gyros. One for elevator and one for Rudder/Yaw.

I still thinking whether should I go and buy another GWS PG-03 for the aileron or not.

Just finish testing hovering in living room before taking this picture.

EDIT: During hover testing.. It feels like more stable than first version due to articulated hinges. Cyclic (aileron and elevator) quite sensitive but rudder kind of sluggish but I think the rudder is expected... even in real Chinook.

SH

Heli:
    . Quick Japan EP8 EX (A30-8XL+CC60+Gy401)
    . Raptor 50 Titan (OS50+522+CarbSmart+Gy611)
    . Trex 600 EP (1512/3D+CC110HV+DS760 w/8900)
    . Trex 600 N (RL53+523+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900)
    . B/W Stratus (OS91 SZ+MP5+ATG+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900+8717)

Plane:
    . Ok Model Medallion
    . E*Star Storch
    . ElectriFly S.E.5a
    . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Tx: JR 9XII

Photo toy
    . Canon 7D & 500D
    . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
    . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
    . Canon 85mm f1.8
    . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

please.. bring this baby to any fun fly .. and i will come..

Comment

you never fail to surprise me. just wondering what is coming out from your pocket next

Comment

You are the man!!next think you need is a nice sca le body for this.

Comment

Very impressive! way cool..

Comment

Originally posted by koon
              You are the man!!next think you need is a nice sca le body for this.
              How abt a scratch built one like the guys did for their nitro birds?

Comment

Always very creative! Still wondering which side is head and which side is tail?

I guess its up to you when you control it ,,,,,that will be cool.

Hope to see alot more build photo leh
                Heli
                Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
                Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
                Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
                Buggy
                Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
                Charger : Tahmazo T15
                Balancer : TP205
                Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

I always wanted to try to scratch build the scale body....but every time wanted to try, I got lazy mood.

Come to think about it... I think Chinook and Jet Ranger scale body should be easier. Apache, Blue Thunder... that one are complicated.

If I want to do scratch build scale for this tandem to chinook, it will most likely using soft balsa wood.

I now in the process of rearranging the avionics and tidy up the wiring.

As for which is head, when putting canopy on one of the frame, that will be the head. Currently the one with gold colored is the frontal side. Frontal side has extra servo (Elevator) because I intend to control that servo so to tilt the frontal rotor blades like in real heli and when install wheels, it should be able to move heli on the ground (Taxing).

BTW, real heli the frontal rotor I think is mechanically design to tilt forward (like in all multibladed articulated heli)

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
                    If I want to do scratch build scale for this tandem to chinook, it will most likely using soft balsa wood.
                    Juz make sure the motor can lift off wif the extra weight!!!

I suggest compressed block foam, cut n sand it to the shape u want. I tink it would be much easier to work on. I tink only, no experience in it.

Comment

I also do considered foam based... Still consider first. Right now is to make sure it fly as well as all my multibladed heli. When that is done, then I will move on to scale body.

SH

Comment

When can demo??

Comment

I try my best to make it for outdoor test really soon. If I can make it for tomorrow Oct 12, 2006 Yishun night funfly, I will bring it. No wheels at the moment because I lack of 4 wheels and still thinking how to create/mount the wheels.

SH

Comment

Working...
                          X