Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EP microhelis tail setup

Hi guys,

Did a search and found tons of info (Mainly to do with Fut 401s) on this topic, but nothing on what I was looking for !

Couple of questions:

1) Anyone running a Fut 401 with a Fut 3154 digital servo ?

2) Anyone running a ****** Airtrix A500g gyro ?

3) Anyone running a Fut G190 gyro ?

4) Anyone tried the new Tamazo 4.4 gms Digital servo ?

....okay, ...sorry ! ...more than a couple of questions !
    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Anyone ?....

I would have thought the Trex brothers here would be rather familiar with the Futaba 3154 digital servos and 401 gyro on their tails ?

Comment

wow i never seen this servo and gyro combo before though.... isnt the gy401 and 9650 servo combo more popular ?

Comment

The 9650 servo is very much bigger ! (Too big for a Trex's tail really) the Fut 3154 servo is about the size and weight of a Hitec HS50 but is a digital servo, specs are like 0.9 sec 60*/ 1.4kg torque.

....I guess the Futaba 3154 is relatively new ....Reason I'm asking is that I got one to replace the HS50 on my Trex's tail (LOL, Simply refuse to put a HS81 there ! ) and was just wondering if anyone has tried this combo before.

Btw, the Airtrix A500g HH gyro has got a DS on/off feature just like the Fut401, and I was wondering how well does it compare with the standard.

Comment

I used 401 with HS65 (Digital) for my Trex tail and it's holding fine.....
          Chai

Lets' moveon.......

Comment

:d

Comment

Originally posted by moveon
              I used 401 with HS65 (Digital) for my Trex tail and it's holding fine.....
              HS65 -> digital ???

DIY ?

Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Originally posted by VinCopter
                HS65 -> digital ???

DIY ?

Yes, I transfer the electronics from HDS877 since I don't have anymore spare gears to replace and new set of 877 gears are ex.....So I replace the electronics board from the 877 to the HS65....so Digital HS65....When I initially us the stock HS65, the tail hunt when doing a pyro....with Digital HS65, the holding is good....
                Chai

Lets' moveon.......

Comment

Aiyah ! ...why so lechey ? ...just go buy a Fut 3154 can aredi !
                  Not every brother so skilled at soldering the electronics

....btw, ...I saw a Tamazo 4.4 gms digital servo there ...hmmm maybe will try that on the Elite 3D Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit

....btw, ...I saw a Tamazo 4.4 gms digital servo there ...hmmm maybe will try that on the Elite 3D Pro
                    bro.. no time to go shs to look see look see.. but will get the gyro and digital servo next week.. decided to use the telebee on my baby trex..maiden flight tonite.. waiting for my lipo to charge up now
                    Guys.. I can't do 3D. So if you see me flying inverted, I'm in trouble...

Comment

Yes, I transfer the electronics from HDS877 since I don't have anymore spare gears to replace and new set of 877 gears are ex.....So I replace the electronics board from the 877 to the HS65....so Digital HS65....When I initially us the stock HS65, the tail hunt when doing a pyro....with Digital HS65, the holding is good....
                      Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit

Going to LHS to get a servo is more lechey.. ..Since I have the parts why not......
                        Chai

Lets' moveon.......

Comment

This is most interesting...

In other words, the HDS877 (Digital servo) is exactly compatible with the HS65 (non digital) servo. So can swap the parts about. Also, means that if you use the electronics of the HDS877 with the mechanics of the HS65, can get a higher torque? Wow this idea will comes in handly.......

" A Digital HS65 servo"

Specification of HDS877 (Digital servo)
                          Torque 4.8V = 1.2kg.cm
                          Speed 4.8V = 0.11 sec

Specification of HS65
                          Torque 4.8V = 1.8kg.cm
                          Speed 4.8V = 0.14 sec

Its a great Idea! thanks for sharing.

Heli
                          Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
                          Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
                          Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
                          Buggy
                          Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
                          Charger : Tahmazo T15
                          Balancer : TP205
                          Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

Originally posted by greenh0rn
                            bro.. no time to go shs to look see look see.. but will get the gyro and digital servo next week.. decided to use the telebee on my baby trex..maiden flight tonite.. waiting for my lipo to charge up now
                            So how did she fly ? did you managed to sort out the reversed pitch ? ....see you tonight !

Going to LHS to get a servo is more lechey.. ..Since I have the parts why not......
                            Brutha, ...I ask if anyone has experience with the Fut 3154 servo and you give me an article on how to DIY a digital servo ! ...not very useful leh !

Comment

Finally got the answer

Manage to find the answer here:

Just thought I'll share the info with bros here !

...Looks like I'll be replacing my HS65HBs with the Fut 3154 for cyclics and tail !

Comment

Working...
                              X