Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is Hughes 300

Yesterday evening, saw someone flying Hughes 300 (i think) @ Pungol field walk.
    Throttle up , heli lost control of tail. he has problem on it.
    Hope he can join us to find out about his heli and also inform other fliers about his freq.
    JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

Not sure if it was my friend you saw but he said that he was flying on the MCP on Sat evening instead of yesterday... so it could be someone else you saw...

Both him and me got ourselves a Hughes 300 a couple of weeks ago and have been struggling to fly it...

Comment

Hi , if you are staying around the area or blk 128 or 129. We have a small group of flyiers fly thier heli @ blk 127 on Friday from 8pm onwards. Most of them are new and get help from experts. like me starts to hover better now.

Comment

Hi mh3400, thanks for the invite. are you guys meeting at the void deck or MCP? i will try to come if possible for this friday as i have an appointment. But my friend will probably turn up and have a chat with you guys...

Comment

hi... we meet at the sheltered multi purpose area beside the MCP... every friday 2030 till late...

Comment

yes, that is the place. Don worry we are all learning. You will see me crashed like nobody business but hovering is improving.

Comment

is the sheltered area large enough? at the moment, my heli is sliding along the grounds like a RC car! I think i need a 'runway' for the heli to take off, not to mention hover.

but sure, i will meet up with you guys! btw, what are most of the guys flying anyways? T-Rex? Or Honey Bees?

Comment

don worry, most of us of Dragon fly and honeybee. It should be big enough for all. Runway will be PFW. . jusz come n enjoy from ur heli
                experts will be traffic controller juz kidding

Comment

waha.. i'm sure this fri, the place will be crowded with dragonfliers and dragonbeefliers, now hugdesfliers... wahah...

Comment

Originally posted by pck
                    is the sheltered area large enough? at the moment, my heli is sliding along the grounds like a RC car! I think i need a 'runway' for the heli to take off, not to mention hover.

but sure, i will meet up with you guys! btw, what are most of the guys flying anyways? T-Rex? Or Honey Bees?
                    I think the issue is not you but your heli, ....If I'm not mistaken, you got a 2 channel heli (1 channel go up and 2nd channel spins left or right) It's impossible to have any control over such heli ....It is so different from your Lama V3 right ?

Most of the guys here fly Dragonfly (DF), HoneyBees (HB) and one or two Hornets ...Last week, there was a Trex ! ....when that started hovering, EVERYBODY else landed and took cover ......I think the place is a little too small for the Trexs as well as too close to the residential apartments.
                    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Actually I think that place is not too small for Trex, but its definitely very dangerous for all flyers if no proper housekeeping is done.

I realize that only the 1st few arriving flyers bothered to check their frequency. The rest just arrive as they see fit, and setup camp at different corners of the pavilon, and immediately start flying. At any time, there are like 3-5 helis hovering/swaying in the air /crashing in the pavilon.

While honeybees are pretty tough and can take crashes easily. It could be a pretty ugly scene if a heli crashes due to frequency clashes and hits someone on the head.

SO PLEASE CLEAR YOUR FREQUENCY WITH EVERYONE BEFORE FLYING

Comment

If it's a dynam hughes, then it's a 4 channel heli.

Originally posted by Ghostfit
                        I think the issue is not you but your heli, ....If I'm not mistaken, you got a 2 channel heli (1 channel go up and 2nd channel spins left or right) It's impossible to have any control over such heli ....It is so different from your Lama V3 right ?

Most of the guys here fly Dragonfly (DF), HoneyBees (HB) and one or two Hornets ...Last week, there was a Trex ! ....when that started hovering, EVERYBODY else landed and took cover ......I think the place is a little too small for the Trexs as well as too close to the residential apartments.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit

My Hughes 300 heli is a 4-channel heli which i got from Sky Hobbies by Dynam. Not the 2-channel toy available in Carrefour and Giant. I would love to see some DF, and HBs in action!

Comment

Originally posted by kenshinz
                            Actually I think that place is not too small for Trex, but its definitely very dangerous for all flyers if no proper housekeeping is done.

I realize that only the 1st few arriving flyers bothered to check their frequency. The rest just arrive as they see fit, and setup camp at different corners of the pavilon, and immediately start flying. At any time, there are like 3-5 helis hovering/swaying in the air /crashing in the pavilon.

While honeybees are pretty tough and can take crashes easily. It could be a pretty ugly scene if a heli crashes due to frequency clashes and hits someone on the head.

Is there a 'leader' there during the meetup? Or should i look for anyone in particular? Also, what do i need to do to "Clear my frequency" before flying? Is there a standard procedure, like a time-slot for various frequency or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by pck
                              My Hughes 300 heli is a 4-channel heli which i got from Sky Hobbies by Dynam. Not the 2-channel toy available in Carrefour and Giant. I would love to see some DF, and HBs in action!
                              Sorry ! ...my bad ! ....somehow, whenever I see "Hughes 300" I brain freeze into thinking its a 2 channel toy ! ...No matter, you should join any of the FF groups around the island.

Originally posted by kenshinz

I agree with you on the checking of Freq prior to starting anything, I feel the regulars flyers should look out for newcomers and checkout their freq. ....maybe it's time to introduce a Freq Board as the group is getting bigger.

....For me, my policy for flying heli in a crowd environment is not to fly anything which I dun dare to fly into myself.
                              Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Working...
                              X