Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to prevent drifting?

Hi all,

After hours of messing around, adjusting swashplate horizontally, the tail servo bellcrank to prevent spinning and tx's gyro/rudder mixing, I finally manage to make it stable!!!

But how to prevent it from drifting towards left 8-9 oclock when the heli starts to lift? No wind condition, testing at my sqarish corridor.

Thank you...
    Current Blink²:
    Trex-600N: TTRL53H/H#523/CarbSmart/CYATGv3-Gview/JR770T
    Beam-E4: SC-8/13T/SC-55A/LT2100T

History Blink²:
    Belt-CP
    Walkera-#60

"Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory."
    Nate Waddoups

The only cheap & easy way to prevent it from drifiting is not to take-off at all...
    Even real helis will drift to some extend due to physics.

As long as your heli is properly trimmed out, making the heli hover in a spot rely mostly in the skill of the pilot.

Welcome to the rotary wing club..
    [SIZE="1"]
    [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
    Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

Haha, ok... you mean it will always tend to drift to the left? Meaning I have to manual right cyclic?
      Originally posted by 9VDXN
      The only cheap & easy way to prevent it from drifiting is not to take-off at all...
      Even real helis will drift to some extend due to physics.

As long as your heli is properly trimmed out, making the heli hover in a spot rely mostly in the skill of the pilot.

Welcome to the rotary wing club..
      Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
      Belt-CP
      Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

Unless u are flying a the old Sea king or the Super Puma from the rescue SQD..i think 125 SQD. I heard those have auto compensating when they hover over the objective
        My Hangar:

Heli 1:T-REX 450SE (Hughes MD 500)
        (SE-maiden 15/03/06)
        (XL-maiden 16/10/05)

Heli 2:RAPTOR 50 TITAN
        (TITAN-maiden 16/06/2006)

Heli 3:T-REX 500ESP (T-rex maiden 25/9/10)
        (FLASHER 500-maiden 08/10/2009 R.I.P:09/08/10)

Heli 4:Flasher 250
        (maiden 13/09/2010)

Airplane 1:GWS A-4SU Skyhawk For Sale
        Airplane 2:GWS P-40N WarHawk RAAF maiden flight 20/08/10 For Sale

Transmitter:
        JR 9XII(XPS 2.4)

Its all fun & games till the bills come..

Comment

For seaking, yes they have autocompensation or auto hover mode. It is there to assist pilot when they are hovering on top of anyone they wanted to rescue...especially during rough sea.

If i'm not wrong, even AH-64 Apache Longbow also have auto hover feature.

SH

Comment

How about SH design one a "Disaster recovery auto hover" heli......So in panic situation, just flip the auto hover mode and WaLLa.....the heli will straighten its flight postion and hover easy.

Can do or not?

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
            For seaking, yes they have autocompensation or auto hover mode. It is there to assist pilot when they are hovering on top of anyone they wanted to rescue...especially during rough sea.

SH
            Heli
            Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
            Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
            Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
            Buggy
            Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
            Charger : Tahmazo T15
            Balancer : TP205
            Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

Originally posted by w_kby
              How about SH design one a "Disaster recovery auto hover" heli......So in panic situation, just flip the auto hover mode and WaLLa.....the heli will straighten its flight postion and hover easy.

Can do or not?
              I tot there is such device in the market already. Its called Co-Pilot.

Do a search, there r topics on it.

Comment

oh yea.. saw few boxes of CoPilot FS8 @ one of the shop in fookhai

Originally posted by Adrianli
                I tot there is such device in the market already. Its called Co-Pilot.

Do a search, there r topics on it.
                Heli:
                . Quick Japan EP8 EX (A30-8XL+CC60+Gy401)
                . Raptor 50 Titan (OS50+522+CarbSmart+Gy611)
                . Trex 600 EP (1512/3D+CC110HV+DS760 w/8900)
                . Trex 600 N (RL53+523+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900)
                . B/W Stratus (OS91 SZ+MP5+ATG+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900+8717)

Plane:
                . Ok Model Medallion
                . E*Star Storch
                . ElectriFly S.E.5a
                . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Tx: JR 9XII

Photo toy
                . Canon 7D & 500D
                . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
                . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
                . Canon 85mm f1.8
                . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

Wa lao, you guys tried every thing under the sun......Guess I better do more

"Search the past in the future"

thks

Originally posted by Adrianli
                  I tot there is such device in the market already. Its called Co-Pilot. Do a search, there r topics on it.
                  Heli
                  Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet

SH
                    I've seen the apache hover during the rsaf open house time...fwah...it's an impressive rock-steady hover....if go for hovering maneuvers in F3C, it'll definitely win...
                    [SIZE="1"]
                    [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
                    Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

Apart from Co Pilot, there is another by Hirobo? It is called something anout commander 3 something I think. GO Hirobo website and u should be able to find it.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Nazar78
                        Hi all,

After hours of messing around, adjusting swashplate horizontally, the tail servo bellcrank to prevent spinning and tx's gyro/rudder mixing, I finally manage to make it stable!!!

But how to prevent it from drifting towards left 8-9 oclock when the heli starts to lift? No wind condition, testing at my sqarish corridor.

Thank you...
                        Why it drift to the left is because of the side trust generated by the tail rotor. You have to add in some right trim on the aileron to compensate.
                        Akro 804M(GP to EP), Built by Mr Bong in 1985, a gift from Daniel Soon - KIA
                        Phoenix Domino Trainer (EP) no1, eated by tree
                        Phoenix Domino Trainer (EP) no2, maiden on 17 Oct 09 at Anchorvale
                        Clouds Fly(EP), convert to night flyer?
                        Heli
                        Honey Bee Fp flight time - 110 hrs : Pass on to Invisible Angel for him to practice
                        Hirobo GPH346 flight time - alot of CP 15% liao

Comment

Oh, no wonder. Thanks broe temannis for the explaination. This can also be done by tilting the swashplate a bit to the right correct?

Flied on the mscp just now. Had it lifted too much off the ground, waist level, suddenly it starts drifting to the left sideways 8-9oclock quite fast, hit right cyclic but responded too late so I quickly throttle down to prevent hitting the walls then kaboom! A small chipped on one of the main blade edge (still can use rite?), one of the screw ball linkage to the blade grip came off, plus 2 broken holder for the training kit. Haha my 1st crash!

I have some question, when the swashplate are centered and horizontal, does the flybar paddle needs to be 0 pitch? Or must follow the main blade negative pitch?

I'm planning to get some brushless+esc+2 or 3 pack of lipo:

Li-Po Battery 2200mAh 11.1V 10C <- 2 cell
                          or
                          Li-Po Battery 2200mAh 11.1V 12C <- 3 cell

Which you do recommend? 10c/12c got big difference? I need something to prolong the fly time. The stock batt flat too soon.

Thank you...

Originally posted by temannis
                          Why it drift to the left is because of the side trust generated by the tail rotor. You have to add in some right trim on the aileron to compensate.
                          Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
                          Belt-CP
                          Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

Hi Zazar78,

This is my opinion.

Better to train up your stick control to counter the effect of the heli lift off then to adjust the swash plate or even the trim. You should trim the heli only during hover and not trim it to counter the drifting effect of take off.

If the swashplate is level, then when you move the throttle stick, the pitch will change, however, the flybar should maintain the horizontal position. The flybar will only change when you apply cyclic input.

hOpe ThiS heLps

Originally posted by Nazar78
                            Oh, no wonder. Thanks broe temannis for the explaination. This can also be done by tilting the swashplate a bit to the right correct?

Flied on the mscp just now. Had it lifted too much off the ground, waist level, suddenly it starts drifting to the left sideways 8-9oclock quite fast, hit right cyclic but responded too late so I quickly throttle down to prevent hitting the walls then kaboom! A small chipped on one of the main blade edge (still can use rite?), one of the screw ball linkage to the blade grip came off, plus 2 broken holder for the training kit. Haha my 1st crash!

I have some question, when the swashplate are centered and horizontal, does the flybar paddle needs to be 0 pitch? Or must follow the main blade negative pitch?

I'm planning to get some brushless+esc+2 or 3 pack of lipo:

Li-Po Battery 2200mAh 11.1V 10C <- 2 cell
                            or
                            Li-Po Battery 2200mAh 11.1V 12C <- 3 cell

Which you do recommend? 10c/12c got big difference? I need something to prolong the fly time. The stock batt flat too soon.

Thank you...
                            Heli

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Hi

Yes, you can do this by adjusting the swashplate directly, but you may ended up over adjusting. So it is recommanded to trim it on your TX first.
                              Some time you have to anticipate the heli behaviour, which mean that you need to apply a little right cyclic before lift off to reduce the left drift. Once in a hover, you can starts triming.

The flybar paddle should be 0 degree, relative to the swashplate.
                              Akro 804M(GP to EP), Built by Mr Bong in 1985, a gift from Daniel Soon - KIA
                              Phoenix Domino Trainer (EP) no1, eated by tree
                              Phoenix Domino Trainer (EP) no2, maiden on 17 Oct 09 at Anchorvale
                              Clouds Fly(EP), convert to night flyer?
                              Heli
                              Honey Bee Fp flight time - 110 hrs : Pass on to Invisible Angel for him to practice
                              Hirobo GPH346 flight time - alot of CP 15% liao

Comment

Working...
                              X