Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trex main rotor blades

To all Trex flyers,

I think for most Trex flyers(or other heli type), the most frustration thing is when the flyer has to purchase a new pair of rotor blades each time the heli crash. For wooden one, the blades cost about $16 to $18, for other I do not know as I use only wood as they need not have to balance.

I can't recall how many blades I have changed thus far. But if I've bought 10 pairs of blades, I could have had bought half a heli.

So I wonder is there a place that sell blades for Trex much cheaper (don't tell me that C******). Or should I buy in bulk from the supplier or China?

Can somebody advise?

If u are still struggling to learn to fly TRex, maybe u can try those ABS or those plastic blades instead. It can survive more crashes than wooden one. Wooden one is strong but brittle.

If u already know how to fly it and crash because u are doing some stunts, then forget about what I'm saying above.

SH

Comment

Actually, ....I find that the Fiber plastic blades indeed can survive crashes better then the woodies, but it transfers the forces to the head assemblies and as a result you get more broken head assy parts.

If you are crashing left, right and centre because you haven't quite master hovering yet, may I suggest you get a HB/Dragonfly FP type heli and practice/crash on that til you can hover, then go back to your Trex

The cost of 1 set of Trex blades will probably cover your damages for 10 HB FP crashes.
      Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

buying another heli to practice hover?
        a training skid will be a better investment.
        could be your setting also.

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
        Robotis Bioloid
        Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_bear
          buying another heli to practice hover?
          a training skid will be a better investment.
          could be your setting also.
          Hovering is not a problem for me at all. Only when trying some stunts and adjustments. Plastic blades are heavy and only good for learning hover. And carbon blads are way too expensive. Like the tail rod, instead of buying the original, I made >10 of them using the same aluminium rod with less than $10! Image buying a tail rod costs me $12.60 a pair! But blades cannot be made just like that.

Comment

Hi headspeed...where you get the boom material from and care to share the price etc? How's the resutl so far.

Originally posted by headspeed
            Hovering is not a problem for me at all. Only when trying some stunts and adjustments. Plastic blades are heavy and only good for learning hover. And carbon blads are way too expensive. Like the tail rod, instead of buying the original, I made >10 of them using the same aluminium rod with less than $10! Image buying a tail rod costs me $12.60 a pair! But blades cannot be made just like that.
            Heli
            Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
            Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
            Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
            Buggy
            Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
            Charger : Tahmazo T15
            Balancer : TP205
            Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

Originally posted by w_kby
              Hi headspeed...where you get the boom material from and care to share the price etc? How's the resutl so far.
              Oh the material came from my company. It costs only around $6 to 10 for a very long tube. nothing big deal. You can actually buy it from any hardware shop....there are a few near by Rotor hobby...er round the corner toward Kind George road. The slot which need to be inserted into the heli body can be filed down using a round needle file but first make a center line in the alumium tube. Effect is the same but much stronger as the wall thickness is thicker. In fact even the main rotor shaft can also request any machining shop to it for you at very low cost. I realise that those selling from the LHS is not good enough. if you roll it on a glass panel, you will notice that some wopper happens either at the ends or center. Believe it or not, even a little bit of wopping at the end, the heli vibrates heavily at hi speed.

Comment

Thanks alot brother....will certainly go make some. Have been spending $$ on boom blade belts ...always the 3 B goes together in a crash.

Could you also advise me if there is a specific part number or a way to tell the hardware shop the required material/size?

Thanks thanks

Originally posted by headspeed
                Oh the material came from my company. It costs only around $6 to 10 for a very long tube. nothing big deal. You can actually buy it from any hardware shop....there are a few near by Rotor hobby...er round the corner toward Kind George road. The slot which need to be inserted into the heli body can be filed down using a round needle file but first make a center line in the alumium tube. Effect is the same but much stronger as the wall thickness is thicker. In fact even the main rotor shaft can also request any machining shop to it for you at very low cost. I realise that those selling from the LHS is not good enough. if you roll it on a glass panel, you will notice that some wopper happens either at the ends or center. Believe it or not, even a little bit of wopping at the end, the heli vibrates heavily at hi speed.
                Heli
                Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Hi w_kby,

I met K-vin at Toa Payoh MSCP yesterday and he mentioned there are aluminium tubes at Daiso @ IMM that can be used as boom material. Daiso sells these tubes at $2 a piece.

Swashhead

Comment

Trex Belt

Oh ya, just to share with you this thread as I am not sure if you have seen it before. I have actually purchased locally cut machine belt from LHK and they are in my opinion, better then the stock belts. Cost cheaper too.

I have used both the rubber machine belt and the Polyurethane machine belt. Both are very durable and survived crashes with carbon tail broken into 3 pieces.

Personally I prefer the orange colourone (Polyurethane) which is the same as the Align material and keeps cleaner. The last time I bought it cost $9.50. Here is the thread:

HopE thIS hElP say $$$
                    Heli

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Ok thanks Swashhead for sharing. Has he actually used it before? and would be great if he also share his experience.

Originally posted by Swashhead
                      Hi w_kby,

I met K-vin at Toa Payoh MSCP yesterday and he mentioned there are aluminium tubes at Daiso @ IMM that can be used as boom material. Daiso sells these tubes at $2 a piece.

Swashhead
                      Heli

Plane

Buggy

Comment

K-vin mentioned he is (or was) using the Daiso 2 bucks boom on his walkera. I've seen the tubes in Daiso. They have various diameters - quick similar to Trex boom diameter but not certain as I didn't measure.

Swashhead

Comment

Thanks thanks...will take a look at it the next time I am at IMM. Will let you know if I find out something.

Originally posted by Swashhead
                          K-vin mentioned he is (or was) using the Daiso 2 bucks boom on his walkera. I've seen the tubes in Daiso. They have various diameters - quick similar to Trex boom diameter but not certain as I didn't measure.

Swashhead
                          Heli

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Tail boom

I've been using the diy tail boom made from ss tube bought from Diaso. Being flying it for about three weeks.

Thou it is a little heavy than the alu., but with my 2150 lipo pack, it balance right on the main shaft.
                            You can make two from each tube. I would say this is the best option for me.
                            Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Thanks Guy for updates ....its going to be a great saving for many. Now we still have to look for DIY blades..

Originally posted by VinCopter
                              I've been using the diy tail boom made from ss tube bought from Diaso. Being flying it for about three weeks.

Thou it is a little heavy than the alu., but with my 2150 lipo pack, it balance right on the main shaft.
                              You can make two from each tube. I would say this is the best option for me.
                              Heli

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Working...
                              X