Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freq check - Trex flyer field off 480A Segar road.

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freq check - Trex flyer field off 480A Segar road.

Hi,

was flying my plane at segar road field today ard 6.20pm. then lost control for no reason. went to recover it and saw a guy at the other side of the field flying a white trex at the field off Blk 480A Segar road carpark.

He was wearing bluish green t-shirt and beige burmudas. Wanted to check with him there but he left before i could get to him. If you are on this forum pls pm me. just want to check freq in case its freq crash. I on 72mhz. Pls PM me thanks.
    what's next?

Oh no..!. Sad to hear about your crash..
    Well the good part is, you manage to stay cool about it...

Comment

I'm building a pilot's book and mapping out frequency use. Would be great if everyone can help me with this project so that we know how many people flying planes and helis share the same frequency in your area.
      On Duty

DJI Phantom 2 with GoPro
      Dynam Hawker Tempest
      Alfa F4U Corsair

Comment

this is not recommended, i believe it has been discussed before and the reason is that it may lead to sabotages. In the event that this "idea" is in great demand by the forum members, the forum can easily implement a system where every registered member's frequency will be registered and a search can be done to find out who is using which frequency.

Comment

Originally posted by genexis
          this is not recommended, i believe it has been discussed before and the reason is that it may lead to sabotages. In the event that this "idea" is in great demand by the forum members, the forum can easily implement a system where every registered member's frequency will be registered and a search can be done to find out who is using which frequency.
          Hi,

I suppose this all depends whether you view it on the positive side or the negative side.

I look at it on the view that if we know which frequencies are more used in the area that we frequent, then we will take more precaution when turning our transmitter on.

However, if one feels that there are only people out to sabo and 'shoot' your bird down, then .. well ... you have the right to your opinion.
          On Duty

DJI Phantom 2 with GoPro
          Dynam Hawker Tempest
          Alfa F4U Corsair

Comment

I happened to stay in Segar too & owned a TREX. But my Lumin TREX is green in color & flew around the site. Just for info, mine Freq is 35.080Mhz.

Sad to hear about the crash. But do take note that our Segar field always have interference as i normally encounter few glitches in flight which resulted in TREX crashing a couple of times. $$$ spent to overhaul. Around Segar, there is quite a number of TREX Heli flyers. It will be good if we can gather at the field to fly!
            Trex600 Nitro
            OS50 Hyper
            B6T 2In1 Regulator
            Zimmerman
            Rev Max
            DX7-AR7000
            GY401+9254
            S9351

Comment

hi wilson,

thanks for your reply, flew with you a few times , i know it wasnt you as i recognise ur trex colour. Have been flying at Segar for awhile no interference to my freq before that crash. I think u having interference cos of 35mhz band. tats the reason i changed to 72.

yeah it will be good for us to come together to fly. n check freq as well.
              no worries, plane under going repair now. hope to get it up again soon.
              what's next?

Comment

A gentleman driving a lancer last week poped by the field...and went flying without even checking frequency with me....I think we should all practise common courtesy with regards to that
                TREX 500 ESP
                Futaba T12FGH

Comment

That's NO gentlemen ! ...That either a $%#@%$#!! careless Noob or a %*$#@! careless A***h*** who look at our hobby as toys !

...Ahem ! .....sorry for the outburst !
                  Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
                    That's NO gentlemen ! ...That either a $%#@%$#!! careless Noob or a %*$#@! careless A***h*** who look at our hobby as toys !

...Ahem ! .....sorry for the outburst !

What goes around will come around. There will be a day when he will have a $2000 bird in the air and his kind will visit his flying site and switch on a transmitter with exactly the same freq as his.

We MUST always check frequecies with everyone around us, even if you they are your regular flying buddies.
                    On Duty

DJI Phantom 2 with GoPro
                    Dynam Hawker Tempest
                    Alfa F4U Corsair

Comment

Mazon.. you are Pang is it?

Last month was walking past the field saw someone flying a nitro heli near Segar field but was across the road near to the LRT field.
                      It seems pretty dangerous with those 3d stunt done so close to the parent & kids playing around that field. It can be a severe case of endanger lives of children if the heli happens to lose control & hit someone. I think we should be more considerate and discipline to look out for them and not just a moment of GLORY ends up in JAIL.

Thus i guess we not only needs to be considerate in knowing each other frequency but also not forgetting the right place to fly Safely!
                      Trex600 Nitro
                      OS50 Hyper
                      B6T 2In1 Regulator
                      Zimmerman
                      Rev Max
                      DX7-AR7000
                      GY401+9254
                      S9351

Comment

guys, i m not sure whether this is a good explanation but that area is in close proximity to Stagmont Camp...the rest u fill in the blanks..
                        My Hangar:

Heli 1:T-REX 450SE (Hughes MD 500)
                        (SE-maiden 15/03/06)
                        (XL-maiden 16/10/05)

Heli 2:RAPTOR 50 TITAN
                        (TITAN-maiden 16/06/2006)

Heli 3:T-REX 500ESP (T-rex maiden 25/9/10)
                        (FLASHER 500-maiden 08/10/2009 R.I.P:09/08/10)

Heli 4:Flasher 250
                        (maiden 13/09/2010)

Airplane 1:GWS A-4SU Skyhawk For Sale
                        Airplane 2:GWS P-40N WarHawk RAAF maiden flight 20/08/10 For Sale

Transmitter:
                        JR 9XII(XPS 2.4)

Its all fun & games till the bills come..

Comment

i have a trex and i live in segar also...but haven't flown it the past three weeks so it can't be mee...
                          JR 9x
                          Raptor 50 SE
                          Raptor 90 3D
                          Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
                          Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
                          Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

hi brandon, u seen me flying before at the field the other time. had a chat rememeber?..

You from YFC-PPL. caught you in Pioneer Maz! I was from YFC last time too back in 1994. Got chance can have a good chat!
                            Trex600 Nitro
                            OS50 Hyper
                            B6T 2In1 Regulator
                            Zimmerman
                            Rev Max
                            DX7-AR7000
                            GY401+9254
                            S9351

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Chng
                              i have a trex and i live in segar also...but haven't flown it the past three weeks so it can't be mee...
                              then you should start flying it...

Comment

Working...
                              X