Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh... having 2 or more regulator might have an advantages whereby if one regulator fail... either by burn out or thermal cutoff or broken wire/connection, u still have another regulator to power them. U might also possible to connect 2 separate regulator with each powering different servos.

SH

Comment

Hmm... i thought they cant be paralled? Coz of load regulation or something..
      2 in parallel, one of them will end up doing all the work... but i am not too sure lah...

Exactly! The Sharp LDO is really power man... 10 A current and LDO of 0.5V only... damn low! I got it from the basement of SLT. Turn right from the front entrance and go all the way to the corner shop. Y.H. Radio or something similar.

Maybe i should start a separate thread on building the regulator....

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
      Eh... most Linear and switching allow to connect 2 or more together in parallel to increase the o/p current. (Preferable in the same model and brand).

U can go for double or more but make sure they can work together. (Oh... BTW, LM7805 / LM7806 can connect in parallel to increase the o/p current)

To check whether your BEC can supply 3A or 6A (if double), maybe the easiest way is to connect to a big motor and an Ampere meter and Voltmeter. Then tries to load down the motor and then check the volt and amp. The volt should remain at 5V/6V while the current shoot up.

EDIT: Wow! the Sharp PQ7DV10 can supply a huge 10A!! Yum. Fit.. where u get that chip?

SH
      -Feda Dragonfly
      -Hornet 2
      -Pilot OK Turmeric
      -Zoom Zoom 4D
      -Sceadu EVO 50: OS50, Hatori521, Revmax,
      -Hornet X3D
      -Hornet X3D (yet to setup!)
      -Formosa 1
      -World Models Spot On 50
      -HB King 2
      -World Models Groovy 50 F3A
      -RICCS F18 EDF

Controlled by 9CHP
      (Temasek Poly AMIG)

Comment

DIY Regulator!!

FIT: That is a great idea! I sure the electronically gifted bros will appreciate it.

DIY at S$15 is really very attractive as compared to Fromeco Regulator at US$65 + shipping (approx. S$140)!

Most importantly, I might be able to get someone to assist in building one too!!

*hint*hint*

Comment

Originally posted by Fit
          Hmm... i thought they cant be paralled? Coz of load regulation or something..
          2 in parallel, one of them will end up doing all the work... but i am not too sure lah...
          yeah bro you are correct
          I learnt it from lecturers(the embarrassing way ) when I was in polytechnic

IN THEORY you can't connect multiple regulators in parallel unless specified by the manufacturer. Reason has something to do with load regulation. Another point is that not all regulators regulate EXACTLY the same voltage since nothing is perfect.
          Imagine connecting a 4.99V battery in parallel with another 5.01V battery. The difference in voltage will cause current to flow from the batt with higher voltage, to flow to the batt with lower voltage.

I haven't encounter problems connecting two regulators directly in parallel. It still works... just don't tell the lecturers.

Comment

If u look at LM780x characteristic book/PDF... It does stated u can connect 2 or more LM780x to boost up the current.

Some regulator like TIP713 or like what Fit using, may not able to connect 2 regulator directly. The reason is that they are using bridge resister (2 resister) to create a reference voltage. With that, if u do not isolate 2 regulator o/p, both side resister can interfear each other. LM780x do not use bridge register and thus they can.

For those regulator that uses bridge register, u need to isolate them using diode.

Connecting 2 LM7805 and DIY my own switch mode BEC, i done it before and I also connect 2 BEC in parallel before as well.

EDIT: Here is a similar post in RCGroup.

SH
            Last edited by Super-Hornet; 16-08-2006, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Here is one example of BEC that can connect in parallel:
              Anything and Everything for electric flight, your electric superstore, Helicopter store

DE ParkBEC 6V
              Model DE ParkBEC 6V
              Input Voltage 6-33.6V
              Output Voltage 6V
              Output Amp Cont. 1.25A
              Output Amp Peak 1.5A 60sec
              Weight w/wires 0.22oz. (6.2g)
              Features Can be used in Parallel

Comment

Align BEC

Saw this at Align's website.

Its a linear regulator (5.8v) with an additional 5.1v step down regulator for the tail.

Anyone using this in the Raptor?

Comment

Originally posted by Birds
                  Saw this at Align's website.

Its a linear regulator (5.8v) with an additional 5.1v step down regulator for the tail.

Anyone using this in the Raptor?
                  This is way cheaper than the other brands. I'm not electrical trained, so can someone enlighten me. Wat's the catch?
                  alfer

Comment

anyone using the align b3x in the r50 or to power 4digital and 1 analog servo? I am asking coz if align package it with the t rex600, surely it can't be that weak for a similar sized nitro bird right? Does it get very hot?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X