Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@#@$@ Lhs

Had a second encounter with this LHS that makes me feel #$$#@.

You old timers here probably still remembered the Hornet and Horent II case, where our dear Ace was #@$@ off then.

Now my story,

Yesterday, I went down to this LHS to look look see see on the just arrived Reflex SIM. Was thinking of buying it for a while but still need some convincing to part with the $$$. I asked them to let me play with it so that i could be more comfortable with what i am getting. But they said that the new Reflex is USB and their old PC does not support USB. But since I have read a lot abt the Reflex prior to this, I bought the SIM anyway.

Went home and installed the software, I could get it to work with my JR tx but for my Airtronics RD6000, the system just could not work with it...

I called them up as i highly suspected it is the interface adapter. They asked me to bring back the whole package. When I reached there today, suddenly out of the sky, of nowhere, maGIcally, surprisingly, they have a PC that has USB!!!! What the #$@$$???

In the end, we found out it is really the adapter cable that is faulty. They replaced it with Trueflight adapter for me...

Bottomline, this LHS is really cunning and not truthful. THe sad fact is, they carry some parts that is more convenient for us to buy, instead of online. Like the famous Chan, we will still probably buy things from them, but please do it with caution. They will bite you when they can.
    Last edited by dabiddo; 18-03-2004, 12:30 AM.

reflex sim

david dear,

sorry for the @#@$@ experience u just had.want to know how much u get for the reflex sim.is it the latest ver?my tx is RD8000 can use?

been thinkin of getting it.@#@$@ aside is better than G2?can let me know where is this @#@$@LHS.can PM me for the @#@$@shop name and plc..

pls cool down & forget about @#@$@it and

enjoy!
    Sondol first talk later!

Comment

I hear you David ..esp the hobby shack ..they tend to do that I feel ..and also put up the prices for ang mohs like me too.

but I also love your reply Jali

very good

Comment

when i go there an enquire, they don't even bother. like when i asked the auntie for a price quote, she'll just tell me, for eg, 700+. that's all. when i ask her for a more accurate price, she just said 700+ LAH. the guy also can't be bothered. when i told him i needed a certain part for my raptor, he told me, "why you buy your raptor? that's a lousy heli. our jr's are better. please leave" wah kaoz. i don't think i'll deal with them unless its really neccersary....

i like rotor MUCH better. uncle walter listens if i need to ask something. i like the way that he would always greet me with a cheerful and lively HEY! haha.
        JR 9x
        Raptor 50 SE
        Raptor 90 3D
        Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
        Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
        Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

yeah its Hobby Shack! they scored again Think they feel our money not hard earn manz....

Mike

Comment

you might not believe this but when I was hunting for pvc sleeves, and they ask me buy silicon tubing instead.

Maybe it is just because I called the rubber sleeves as rubber stoppers.... hehe
            huh

Comment

I feel the same way over some of the LHS, their (not all of them BTW) main objective is to sell regardless will the product helps or useful to their customers. At the same time, if they feels that they will not get further business due to diff product they are selling. Either they will turn you off immediately or tell you hell of a story about what you have over what they are selling .....which try to make you look stupid

My experience with the "Ang Mo" shop is totally different. I have been working in US for sometime. There is a hobby shop at the area of my working place. Man their service is ......heaven and hell as compare to Singapore. They are always willing to help and show you what you want even you may not be a potential customer. Most important they will not show you the 1 cent face if you are not getting anything at the end of the day. Try that in Singapore .......

Comment

Hi all

I agree also. Maybe due to there are not many Hobby Shop (Selling Airplane or Chopper... not those R/C car only) in Singapore.

Recently I first time visited one Hobby Shop in S'pore (Not going to review the shop name unless request) and the sales person (Auntie) very very very "niau" one. I saw a Heat Sink that could be use or at least mod to fit my Brushless Motor and so I ask the sales person (Uncle) about it and this Uncle say refer to the auntie. So I ask her and she said what size do u want. I said that one... can I take a look? She said "U tell me what size u want!!" I said I not sure.. just want to take a look to see whether can I use or mod it or not" and She said "I can't help u if you can't tell me the size" DAMN!!! This thing only cost S$5.00!! Why soooo ass hole one! Just for the record... I WILL NOT VISIT THIS DAMN SHOP ANYMORE. IT TAKE ME AGES TO FIND THIS DAMN SHOP.

Super-Hornet

Comment

niau uncle and aunty who refuse to show you things that cost as little as $5 lead me to think it's one of our all time favourite shops...

Comment

Famous Champion!!

The Reflex SIM costs me $310. Expensive i think but i like it....
                    Graphic wise it is so so... but i guess the most impt thing is not graphics. If i wan superb graphics, i would have gotten a PC game

Word of advise: ANyone wanting to buy Reflex from you-know-which shop, please bring along your own tx to test it out first. They have PC that support USB k... @#$@@

Anyway, i flew both G2 and now this Reflex. Personally feel that Reflex feels more realistic in terms of flying control. And you could download models, scenary from net for Reflex... Heck, you could even generate your own model if you are hardworking enough
                    But G2 is much cheaper, if you know where to get it
                    SO it's a matter of money over features

The version you get here is 4.0. but you could get free upgrade to 4.03 from net and they are also shipping out the latest XTR soon, and i think it is free too
                    Last edited by dabiddo; 17-03-2004, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Hi David,

Have you tried if the interface cable from G2 compatible with Reflex and Reflex interface cable compatible with G2?

Can you PM me where I could find the cheap RF G2? but not from ?SS as he won't even reply to my question at his auction.

Thanks!
                      FDC

Comment

Hi David... Can you PM me too? I am using FMS... :-(
                        huh

Comment

Today had a nasty experience with Hobby Shacks

Just wanna share with my fellow mates so that you would not be conned!!!

From my first thread, you knew that i bought the reflex sim from them but the connector seems not to be working... Tues went down and they replaced it with any adapter from another brand!!

Still did not solve the problem, so went down today, hoping to get a new replacement. When i was there, they told me that i was lucky cos their newer version of Reflex just came in!!!!

What the $#$#$!!!! On monday, i asked them whether XTR (latest version) would be brought in and they said, "no lah, not so soon... anyway, it is free to download..blah blah..." They should have told me newer version is on the way. Today, Spidey went there to buy and he too asked abt the XTR version and he got the same answer as mine. So he bought the older version instead. So out of the blue again, after he has bought the older version, they got the latest version.

Obviously i was not too happy abt that, so i told them that i would pay for the difference in price, if any, for the latest version. But the male boss said he dunno how much is the latest one...what the #@#$@.... is he in business or wat....

I told him that i am disappointed and dun understand how he does business. Then he replied : "if you dun like the way i do business, dun buy, i'll pay you back!!" What an #$#$$@ attitude!! They always got this $#$@# thinking that the whole world owes them money izit!!! Obviously i took my money back!!

I called Spidey to tell him after leaving the shop. He called them but now their story changed. They insisted they do not have the latest version as yet.. Wow... how situation changes in minutes...

My advise, if you want to buy reflex locally, too bad that they are the only distributor now. But insist on the XTR version cos i know they have it.... I saw that they have a lot of the older version, so they would try their best to tell you that they do not have the latest one, but as soon as they have sold off the last piece of the older version, the next min. i bet with you, they would say to the next buyer, wow you are so lucky...i just got in the latest and best version..... @#@$#$%@#%#!@$
                          Last edited by dabiddo; 18-03-2004, 12:10 AM.

Comment

hi guys,

yup, i did agree to purchase the older version of the sim based on the representation that the xtr is not going to be available any time soon and that it will be available for free redemption later on...so i guess i can make do with the current version for the time being....

imagine my horror when david called me and told me they already have the latest version...was really pissed...why would i go thru all the hassle and waiting instead of buying the latest copy...so i called them to verify and justify...

the lady boss claimed that there has been a big mistake and they really didnt have the latest version on hand...and that they would give me a copy of it when its available...

hmm...not really sure whether that's the truth...but it could be...

previoulsly, i didnt have any problems dealing wif them...in fact i tot they were really nice when they allowed me to exchanged for some stuff which i have mistakenly bought...

jus something for u guys to ponder over when making purchases...think it is only wise to wait a bit longer sometime...

that aside... i must admit that the sim is fantastic even at its current version...

Comment

The same thing happen on Aceviper on the hornet 1 and hornet 2 thingy. I really start to lost trust in things they said. More like a twist and turn kind of thing....

Really sad that with limited LHS and some even got unethical business enthic..............sigh......

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X