Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heli to start with...

If somebody is going to start in this hobby...(heli)..Which do u all recommand??Ep or nitro?

Originally posted by mfadhil
    If somebody is going to start in this hobby...(heli)..Which do u all recommand??Ep or nitro?
    Definately nitro if you have enough money and a car(or if you have a field near your house) . Else I recommend electric such as a Trex.
    Don't PCW

Beam E4
    Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
    Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

nitro definately

Comment

Originally posted by mfadhil
        hi, do you think that somebody will stay long with helis? or does he just wanna try out?

also, how much budget has he decided to set aside is also a factor to consider..

for rtf ep set..maybe $200 TO $300

for separates ep..maybe $900 to $1000

for nitro..siao loh..maybe $2000??

if convenience is what he wants..then ep would be my choice - run out battery juice, then just have to charge batt at home. if run out nitro gas, then have to chiong lhs. sudden itch to fly or raining, just go mscp to fly ep. if nitro, then lan lan liao..

but that said, i think you get more kick in flying nitro..

really, it depends on individuals.

Comment

however starting nitro is pretty dangerous... whisch must be taken into consideration...
          safety first...
          i would advise something like a honey bee or a Trex... if u are flying with buddies then i would advise a nitro...
          sar.ratha@me.com
          DEVIL

Comment

In your opinion what would you say is a easier heli to fly as a beginner?
            EP or Nitro?
            And for beginners is it easy to learn to start the chopper?

just curious

cheers
            shmuckerz

Comment

Originally posted by shmuckerz
              In your opinion what would you say is a easier heli to fly as a beginner?
              EP or Nitro?
              And for beginners is it easy to learn to start the chopper?

just curious

cheers
              shmuckerz
              my opinion? the smaller the more difficult to fly. a lot also depends on skills. I have heard newbie starting with nitro and I have heard old birds still struggling with microhelis. regardless, trimming your heli is exceptionally important for anyone starting out.

Comment

I got heart attack flying feather weigh HBT , I sweat and struggle ... later with the ZAP400 , I can smoke and fly , you say leh ? Now onto my latest toy ... Trex , I can drink and fly ... dont know what next if I fly a nitro
                Esky HBT
                Esky Lama V3
                Walkera #4 (honey bee fp clone)
                Walkera #22D (MS Hornet 2 clone)
                Walkera #35 (Zap400 clone)
                Walkera #36 (mix zap400 / trex clone)
                Walkera #60 (all metal airframe)
                Align Trex XL HDE
                MiniTitan E325
                ARK X-450

Comment

i know! hand in pocket...

Comment

HI! fadhil bro,

I believe you 're a Electric flyer as I go through your file, just a small question to ask. So are you comfortable to move on to the nitro or still want to be in electric..........? you have to ask yourself this before moving into any of those class first. If you start asking guys with electric and Nitro end of the day is you 're surely get two different answer from two groups of people. As what bro helirulz had reply on the 2rd post. There 's alot of nitro and electric heli in the market choose the one that fit your budget I would say so.

Jameswilliam.

Comment

I am jus asking this qn to noe which is good..i mean better

Comment

u know... i had this friend who wouldnt believe Nitro heli was much easier to learn on as a platform... so then he was always loyal to his Trex... and then suddenly got too fussy about ESC running too hot for his High Headspeed obsession... so then he got a nitro... he couldnt do much on the Trex... just hover, but when he went and got his nitro bird... he was already doing some movements... he got the nitro heli for maybe about 2 months or less... now he is doing forward flight fig 8, and stall turns...
                        am simply amazed by his performance and what bigger nitro could do to him...
                        sar.ratha@me.com
                        DEVIL

Comment

I started heli on a GWS dragonfly, almost similiar to a honeybee FP. But i must say it quite hard to learn it on these micro helis. Not stable. But very crashable. Spares are rather cheap as well. Nitro helis are bigger hence more stable, but spares are not cheap and can be rather dangerous.

Comment

i'm also considering starting on an electric heli maybe a honeybee FP2 but seems like some people recommend going for a trex if budget permits...

the trex is interesting but I can't seem to find any information about all the terminologies and basic information about what all those parts are and what they do.. anyone have a link to an FAQ?

Comment

Originally posted by ethinger
                              u know... i had this friend who wouldnt believe Nitro heli was much easier to learn on as a platform... so then he was always loyal to his Trex... and then suddenly got too fussy about ESC running too hot for his High Headspeed obsession... so then he got a nitro... he couldnt do much on the Trex... just hover, but when he went and got his nitro bird... he was already doing some movements... he got the nitro heli for maybe about 2 months or less... now he is doing forward flight fig 8, and stall turns...
                              am simply amazed by his performance and what bigger nitro could do to him...
                              You must be talking about Darth Hell (Brian)....but to me I love nitro because of it's size and the feel when flying it....nothing to do with harder or easier to fly...still the truth is the smaller ther harder to fly...
                              JR PCM9XII
                              Align T-Rex 450XL (HDE)
                              HIROBO Sceadu Evolution 50
                              AVANT EFX

O.S 50SX-Hyper
                              O.S MAX91 SZ-H RING PS-HYPER

Futaba GY401
                              Futaba GY502
                              Futaba GY611

Comment

Working...
                              X