Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Vs other 'better' Tx?

In general, wondering Hitec optic6 or the futaba 7Ch is better?

BTW, what is the different in term of using better Tx when flying as compare to the stock Tx? Better feel? More accurate? etc....

Anyway,my application for now is for my Lama. So, wondering it is worth? Maybe lama do not required good Tx? Please advise if possible. Thanks.

Originally posted by AnA
    In general, wondering Hitec optic6 or the futaba 7Ch is better?

BTW, what is the different in term of using better Tx when flying as compare to the stock Tx? Better feel? More accurate? etc....

Anyway,my application for now is for my Lama. So, wondering it is worth? Maybe lama do not required good Tx? Please advise if possible. Thanks.
    Hi,
    stock Tx are used by manufacturers of Esky etc are cheap to produce, hence there is not much that is programmed in the tx, it doesnt give you much freedom but to control your only microheli. there is no graphical displays which are important when you progress. there are things such as exponentials which helps reduce or increase the agility of your heli. in general, i would go for of advise your to get MINIMUN... 9CHP super. it will be worth it since you will not need to upgrade the tx until you fly scale and such.
    when i used to fly on 6ch, i felt very limited to what i could do... however 6ch is all i will need.
    good luck
    sar.ratha@me.com
    DEVIL

Comment

Thanks ethinger,

If put those features aside. Just concentrate on the handling of the heli. Are those expensive Tx better than Stock?

Anyone had tried different Tx on the Lama? Is the handling different? Better? Please enlighten. Thanks.

Originally posted by ethinger
      Hi,
      stock Tx are used by manufacturers of Esky etc are cheap to produce, hence there is not much that is programmed in the tx, it doesnt give you much freedom but to control your only microheli. there is no graphical displays which are important when you progress. there are things such as exponentials which helps reduce or increase the agility of your heli. in general, i would go for of advise your to get MINIMUN... 9CHP super. it will be worth it since you will not need to upgrade the tx until you fly scale and such.
      when i used to fly on 6ch, i felt very limited to what i could do... however 6ch is all i will need.
      good luck

Comment

[QUOTE=AnA]Thanks ethinger,

If put those features aside. Just concentrate on the handling of the heli. Are those expensive Tx better than Stock?

[QUOTE]

The short answer is not significantly better.

To improve the handling, u may have to improve the mechanicals in the Lama as well. And that requires deep pocket, it may not be worth it.

Comment

Thanks X34 for the info. I know what to do now. Guess will be with my stock Tx for a while until I go for another Heli. Thanks again.

Originally posted by X34
          The short answer is not significantly better.

To improve the handling, u may have to improve the mechanicals in the Lama as well. And that requires deep pocket, it may not be worth it.

Comment

Will it be different with a HoneyBee ? I'm getting a 2nd hand HoneyBee with stock Tx. However, i was recommended to get a Optic 6. But if i do not wish to travel further after getting a Trex, do you think i should invest in a 9chn?
            I'm a Newbie...

Comment

Hi

I was in ur position when I 1st started.

Started off with the 4ch Futaba Skysport 4 for my FEDA heli.

Then upgraded to 6ch Futaba 6XHs when the opportunity arise, used it to fly the FEDA n then the Trex.

Was advised by fellow flyers to upgrade the Tx as it restrict my flying with the limited setting on the 6XHs.

So finally got the 9ch Futaba 9CHP which I now use for my 2 trexs.

I hope u dont go thru what I did n straightaway get the best Tx u can afford or save up for a better Tx.

As for controls, basically its ur finger work n setup of ur heli.

Then lastly, I bought back a 4ch Futaba Skysport 4 Tx for use on my PC for FMS.

Comment

Originally posted by AnA
                Thanks X34 for the info. I know what to do now. Guess will be with my stock Tx for a while until I go for another Heli. Thanks again.
                hi..hope you're having fun with your lama..yeap, i think for the lama or honey bee (LightStalker), use the stock tx will do cos it probably wont make much a difference...in fact, i think its not worth even the effort..when you upgrade to trex, then go for the optic 6 at least. these small helis are just for you to get a feel of flying a heli IMO..

honestly, i fly the trex and i only use the most basic functions..i don't even use the d/r or expo functions..

Comment

hi guys, thanks for the feedback ! i think i get the hang of things.. at least with which tx to get first I'll use the stock tx before moving on to any other.. Thanks alot guys..
                  I'm a Newbie...

Comment

the most value for money piece of equipment i bought is my 9C. Confirm no damage in any crash!

Comment

Originally posted by Kam
                      the most value for money piece of equipment i bought is my 9C. Confirm no damage in any crash!
                      Hi Kam,

Could you please elaborate what you mean by 'confirm no damage in any crash' Do you mean to say that a better Tx can save a bad crash. Please advise, thanks
                      Heli
                      Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
                      Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
                      Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
                      Buggy
                      Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
                      Charger : Tahmazo T15
                      Balancer : TP205
                      Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

he is just being cheeky..the tx is always in his hands so cannot crash.. if crash then something wrong with him..heehee..

Comment

Originally posted by awesome
                          he is just being cheeky..the tx is always in his hands so cannot crash.. if crash then something wrong with him..heehee..

Ha, ha...quite true, the reason why I burn my cheap Tx earlier was because it was cheap and I could take an experimental risk. If I had purchased a Futaba 9ch instead then for sure to chain it to my arm........
                          Heli
                          Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
                          Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
                          Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
                          Buggy
                          Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
                          Charger : Tahmazo T15
                          Balancer : TP205
                          Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

getting a good Tx if you intend to stay in the hobby is a good choice. which also means if anything happens while you fly, it's always the pilot, not the Tx.
                            Hover: STILL many many
                            FF: so-so; fig 8s, nose-in hover
                            Crash (Major): 4
                            Back to flying... let the goods times roll

Comment

Originally posted by membina
                              getting a good Tx if you intend to stay in the hobby is a good choice. which also means if anything happens while you fly, it's always the pilot, not the Tx.
                              Wow....... haven't seen u for awhile..

Comment

Working...
                              X