Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCPM or Mechanical Mixing (50-sized)

Hi guys, just out of curiosity, have been browsing through the net, and I realised that Mechanical Mixing seems to be a more popular choice for helis. Why is this so?

My previous assumption was CCPM (maybe due to marketing effects). For some popular models in SG like the Raptor, I only see them in Mechanical Mixing, there's no CCPM option. So which is the more popular option here, and why?

Mechanical or aka mCCPM is using only 2 servos on the cyclics where as the eCCPM(electronic CCPM) is using 3 on the cyclics... if you set right, your eCCPM will give you numourous advantages such as stability, and agility at the same time... mCCPM is exceptional if servos can do the job, (1 super strong pitch servo) where as eCCPM has 3 cyclic/pitch servos (so 1 servo of mCCPM vs. 3 servos of eCCPM)... you can use lower torque servos for eCCPM. mCCPM is ALOT easier to set up.. less confusion and will perform somewhat exceptional... most of my helis are mCCPM and i have a Trex which is CCPM, (have tried mCCPM trex before) the stability of the Trex with eCCPM mixing feels as stable as the big Raptors that i have...
    as for the popularity, alot of extreme flyers would go with eCCPM... becuase it gives them the extra agility... and stability... however interactions may occur if not set up right...
    if you will enjoy the CCPM more, becuse your can feel that the bird is very stable in hover...
    i hope i made myself clear...
    sar.ratha@me.com
    DEVIL

Comment

i think the only reason why mechanical ccpm is more popular is due to the fact that raptors and evos are the most popular helis out there. all raptors and most evos use the mechanical method.
      JR 9x
      Raptor 50 SE
      Raptor 90 3D
      Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
      Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
      Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Chng
        i think the only reason why mechanical ccpm is more popular is due to the fact that raptors and evos are the most popular helis out there. all raptors and most evos use the mechanical method.
        Evos have 2 different options, the mCCPM and eCCPM...
        i also think this is why Mech Mix is more popular due to Raptors.
        sar.ratha@me.com
        DEVIL

Comment

"eccpm systems are for those manufactures who do not know how to design a heli".

quoted by Mr Taya ,raptors designer.

enjoy.
          Sondol first talk later!

Comment

Originally posted by jaZallo
            "eccpm systems are for those manufactures who do not know how to design a heli".

quoted by Mr Taya ,raptors designer.

enjoy.

haha, this sounds exactly like some marketing ploy, saying a certain option is lousier when u dun provide that option.

from what i've gathered, mechanical mixing uses more parts (more engineering involved?), hence its more expensive. CCPM uses less parts hence leading to cheaper cost.

personally i also feel that mechanical mixing more popular here due to the fact that the market is saturated with raptors, and when pple wana change they change to something they're used to. lower switching cost i guess.

Comment

POWER!!!!

this type of comment also have.
              i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Hi
                Just like to know.... if Raptor come out with a CCPM version, will the mCCPM still be as popular?

Cos I've been wanting to try out a CCPM model but was kinda turn off as there are limited choice in our market or else they are too Ex.

Comment

mCCPM got 2 more advantages...

1) u can experiment with servos EASILY without burning hole in your pocket...

2) if u ding 1 servo u can replace and do 1) easily.... whereas with eCCPM u'll need to stick to the same servo of the same brand. Works out ok though, when u have bought the best of servos....

Comment

My views in eCCPM:

Advantages:-

Very responsive & precise pitch and cyclic controls if set up right due to the direct to servo to swashplate relations.
                    Lesser mechanical parts = slightly lighter = lesser parts can fail or go wrong.

Disadvantages:-
                    A pain to set it up perfectly.
                    Not very tolerant to 'dumb-thumb' glitches.
                    [SIZE="1"]
                    [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
                    Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

in larger helis you cannot feel much of a difference in flying between eCCPM and mCCPM. But in micro helis such as the trex, there was an obvious improvement in hovering characteristics when changed from mCCPM -> eCCPM. One of the reasons being less mechanical parts, thus there willl be less slop in the linkages.

What 9V said is true, it is a pain to set it up perfectly as there tends to be bindings at the extreme ends of the swash travel. But once done properly (provided the design itself allows it), it is really nice to fly.

You need 3 servos of the same speed, and in a crash, they then to strip more easily ( wtf, servo gears are cheap compared to the total crash cost ).

Raptor itself has some eCCPM conversions, check out www.tppacks.com. But for such a big heli, the slop is minimized as it is a lot easier to manufacture bigger parts then microheli's parts, thus you may not feel much of a difference, especially when you are just starting out.

My advice is... if you are flying nitro helis, stick to the setup. Buy more fuel and blades. It is not worth the upgrade. Besides, you have a lot more power with nitro engines compared to motors, thus you do not need the reduction in weight, unlike the microhelis.

Comment

We left out something very important. If u wish to know more... check out helis like the AvantFX .... it's eCCPM, but all servos cranks pivot about the same point to eliminate pitch-cyclic interaction---- a feature u'll not see in most other E-CCPM setups... not even the roxxter.... whether or not there's a difference i think it's still subject to who's flying it other than the size.... but i believe there must be a reason why all the higher end helis are moving that way.... I used to think can cut back on the cost ... but na... u'll end up spending the same or even more on the swashplate servos... because in CCPM u need highly precise servos x3....

Comment

eCCPM evo 50... very good machine
                          sar.ratha@me.com
                          DEVIL

Comment

Evo without eCCPM is also a good machine....so ethinger, your statement is irrelevant..

hehehehe...kidding...
                            [SIZE="1"]
                            [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
                            Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

evo is a beautiful piece of work, cept for the canopy Its seriously a turn off IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                              X