Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch out for gyro position!!!

Really bad...

is there any good method of protecting the gyro? it cost a bomb to replace the gyro

Comment

The common practice to avoid dsuch situations for Trex is to mount it under the original spot. A bit of adjustments is required to make sure it sits level

Comment

Originally posted by ammo
        The common practice to avoid dsuch situations for Trex is to mount it under the original spot. A bit of adjustments is required to make sure it sits level

What about mounting it at the front, where the servos are?
        All CRASHED...

Comment

Originally posted by AReality
          What about mounting it at the front, where the servos are?
          Head in crash n ur gyro will be in pieces.

Have u not seen those lipo packs after a head in crash???

Comment

I mount the gyro to the bottom of the original mounting location by tying a cable-tie-base below the frame with cable tie around the tail boom grip. Its not very firm, so I have to 'stack up' the cable-tie-base a little. Then, just stick the gyro (inverted) onto the base.

Comment

just in front of the motor, under the batteries(align CF frame users)... i think the best spot to place your gyro... even the battery is protecting it the gyro... lol
              sar.ratha@me.com
              DEVIL

Comment

I was trying putting gyro in different location for my flybarless TRex (cyclic gyro).

This is what I find out... (Based on my finding only):

For TRex, the least most vibration is still the tail area... the usual area where u mount the gyro. If u want to mount below also can but have difficulty in calibration/tuning... unless u are talking about remote gain gyro.

In front, the vibration is up and down motion.

If it is near motor, some motor do generate alot of EMF that will cause the gyro to go oscillation (your tail/cyclic...depend where u want to control it) tend to wag.

The another least vibration will be at the top of the servo compartment (HDE) but have problem mounting canopy.

Another alternate is to mount near the tail usual area but on the side instead.

EDIT: Oh... one more place will be in front of the servo compartment (HDE) or above the battery

SH

Comment

I've tried in front, the motor EMF seems to effect the gyro. Also, when the battery gets hot, the gyro will start to drift.

With GY401, no problem with the gain adjustment. The main problem is I can't see the LED since it is facing downward.

I'm considering to mount the gyro vertical, so that I can see the LED from the side, but not sure if that will affect its performance.

Comment

Working...
                  X