Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Guide Jam Servo

Today i crash again. Was happily flying my R90SE when suddenly the rudder didnt hold. Then some now 2 - 3 sec later, the rudder was "lock up". Then i have no choice, So i throttle hole, but the tail still spin like mad. So is like i am doing a "Prio Auto" with out rudder input =X

When the heli was down, I bring back to check why no rudder input, then i notice the Rudder Rod Guide shifted place during flight and when to "jam my servro"

Crash was not so bad. Blade gone, grip bend, shaft all gone. Thats all.

Mb next time u guys want to take note of this and make it is not lose during flight or u will end up like my R90SE

[B]Kenny[/B]

Goblin 700 | Goblin 500 | Compass 6HV

Unthinkable, unimaginable, incredible, beyond conception and beyond the bounds of possibility!

throttle hold*
    [B]Kenny[/B]

Unthinkable, unimaginable, incredible, beyond conception and beyond the bounds of possibility!

Comment

you are suppose to ca the guide to the boom or at least secure it with 2 cable ties at the side, not let it run loose.

Comment

The CA give way. I was using the 1 - 2 sec CA from BOB SMITH
        [B]Kenny[/B]

Comment

Then next time use 2 cable ties to secure the left and right also. Also drip ca into the cable ties.

Anyways, i use elephant glue, those $1 for 1 tube. Sometimes when i need to remove the guide, it is rather difficult as it is glued tight to the boom.

Remember to clean off all the oil on both surfaces and put sufficient the next time you do it.

Comment

It'll hold for only 1-2 seconds???

Comment

Originally posted by genexis
              Then next time use 2 cable ties to secure the left and right also. Also drip ca into the cable ties.

Anyways, i use elephant glue, those $1 for 1 tube. Sometimes when i need to remove the guide, it is rather difficult as it is glued tight to the boom.

Remember to clean off all the oil on both surfaces and put sufficient the next time you do it.
              Hmm i will never use Cable ties. Thanks for the info
              [B]Kenny[/B]

Comment

Originally posted by ammo
                It'll hold for only 1-2 seconds???
                =.=' 1 - 3 CA not CA that hold for 1 - 2 sec
                [B]Kenny[/B]

Comment

Kenny,
                  your rudder rod doesn't seem to be straight, or maybe is the picture not clear? If not straight, the rudder servo rod can heavily stress the guide. Maybe it helps to put the guide further from the servo and apply more CA.

Comment

Originally posted by bell206
                    Kenny,
                    your rudder rod doesn't seem to be straight, or maybe is the picture not clear? If not straight, the rudder servo rod can heavily stress the guide. Maybe it helps to put the guide further from the servo and apply more CA.
                    I only put 1 drop of CA, i didnt know it didnt stick well on metal. Coz i am use to flying carbon boom. So normally i just add only 1 drop of CA and it stick very well already.

But during flight, i notice the back control guide slip off already. But i didnt care. The continue flying, until the front one also slip and jam the servo.
                    [B]Kenny[/B]

Comment

Working...
                    X