Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heli for begineer...

Hi all,

Any recommendation for a heli model for begineer? Price range below $200 and where to get.

My friend got one imported from China that is below $100 and it is spining like hell after much fine tuning. After reading the info posted in this Forum, guess need to seek advise from the expert.
    Hanger:

1] HoneyBee CP2 - 29 Oct 2006
    2] HoneyBee King 2 - 19 May 2007

wat is the model of the heli that your friend brought in? china produces a lot of helis and some of them are pretty flyable..eg. honeybee or walkera

Comment

well..after fine tuning, your heli shouldnt be spinning like hell..maybe you can elaborate more..some bros here might be able to help to diagnose..

Comment

The model is Fly Dragonfly 2005 from SYMA. The tuning of e tail rotor trust is from a screw at the main rotor.
        Hanger:

Comment

That's a 2 channel toy, its being sold in many places in sg for round $79. Basically you can't do much with it. Just lift off, and turn left right. The direction of the heli is dependent on wind direction. But good thing is, its super crashable. Seen 1 fell from almost 8 stories with no damage.

If you're interested in getting into helis, look for a HoneyBee FP2 or a Hughes 300 RTF, thot you have to up your budget abit more

Comment

Any recommended shop to get the HoneyBee or Hughes
            Hanger:

Comment

Quite number of shop got HoneyBee but some maybe out of stock.
              Usual shop will be Rotor Hobby, Jet Hobby and Hobby Shack.

Just remember to avoid from buying Walkera (Lousy heli) that is all.

SH

Comment

remember to check availability of parts before you commit on any helis...and keep track of your budget..there is always a high tendency to over spend.

$200 should be able to get you something decent to fly.

Hughes - i think only Sky Hobbies carries them
                Honey Bee - Rotor, Jet Hobby, Ace Hobby, iHobby, Hobby Shack, RCE Hobby..I only know the prominent ones.

I started off with a second hand set cos I wanted to test the water then..but always be careful when you deal with second hand stuff, especially for newbies..try getting someone to tag along to help, if possible.

good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet

Just remember to avoid from buying Walkera (Lousy heli) that is all.

SH
                  no sure which walkera model you are referring to..but i can tell you for sure the walkera 36b is quite a decent heli to fly..only lacking is the parts support.

it's cheap, robust, relatively simple in design and running on separates..heehee

Comment

Originally posted by awesome
                    remember to check availability of parts before you commit on any helis...and keep track of your budget..there is always a high tendency to over spend.

$200 should be able to get you something decent to fly.

Hughes - i think only Sky Hobbies carries them
                    Honey Bee - Rotor, Jet Hobby, Ace Hobby, iHobby, Hobby Shack, RCE Hobby..I only know the prominent ones.

I started off with a second hand set cos I wanted to test the water then..but always be careful when you deal with second hand stuff, especially for newbies..try getting someone to tag along to help, if possible.

good luck!!
                    Navi,
                    The price quoted by our good forumer are for the heli kit only.
                    You still have to think about the radio, gyro, motor and ESC.
                    A fair price for startup should be around $800.

Another option you may want to seriously consider, is the training gear. This is your insurance for your investment.

Comment

Originally posted by chiadennis
                      Navi,
                      The price quoted by our good forumer are for the heli kit only.
                      You still have to think about the radio, gyro, motor and ESC.
                      A fair price for startup should be around $800.

Another option you may want to seriously consider, is the training gear. This is your insurance for your investment.
                      bro, i am refering to something rtf like honey bee fp lah..hee

if you want something like trex, it should come to somewhere $900 to $1000..

sorry if i have misled..

Comment

some guy is selling ESKY V3Lama for $200 at the market place. do a search.
                        ok, it might not look good, but its a very stable RTF heli, one only disadvantage is its small size,
                        but i have no problem flying my lama in MSC. (adv, you can fly it in your living room )

for the start i will recommend a stable RTF heli, at this moment you will want more air time,
                        not ground/setup/repair time. if later you feel that this hobby is for you, then you can throw
                        in your investment on a bigger heli and time to learn more.

pilotbear

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
                        Robotis Bioloid
                        Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

also to add..you do not want to get something that is so simple to fly cos you won't learn much at all...

what can lama progress you to?

no offence, those who got the lama are normally already an experience flyer like pilot bear..hee..

Comment

i am not an experience flyer yet.
                            we all have different goals in this hobby, some prefer relax/scale flying
                            while others are into 3d.

just pointing out, if starting this hobby, it might be a good idea to start cheap.
                            too me, i don't think there is a so call beginners' heli, just a heli that is more
                            sutiable for a beginner.

by sutiable, i mean
                            budget
                            good cheap spare supply
                            easily to setup
                            easily to learn (stable)
                            can take crashes
                            easily to repair

i agreed we can not progress much with this config, but the basic is still there. then we can
                            decide if we want to dive in or to jump out of this hobby. we have seen people start then
                            giveup, and sell off all the stuff ( ). some is becos of other commitment, while many are
                            becos they lost interest after serveral unfruitful attemp.

nitro need a little bit more commitment due to its startup price. (compare to a RTF ele heli)

this hobby is to enjoy, not to feel stress evetytime you fly right? lets' fly.

pilotbear

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
                            Robotis Bioloid
                            Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

hmm..i think that's pretty correct too..some ppl give up cos its not easy flying/setting up/maintaining a heli..so getting something relatively easy might be a good start to see if you really like helis..

heli is my first rc and i never regret getting into it....its a joy to see even just a simple tail-in hover..but it all depends on individual ba..

Comment

Working...
                              X