Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trimming of honeybee

Hi, I'm a newbie on this. Just bought my first honey bee last weekend. On my second day already broke the Main Frame Assembly . I read quite a few thread that if the bee tend to sway to one side, you have to trim it. The question is how you know if the trimming is done correctly? Any advice would be appreciated!! Thanks.

the bird WILL sway to one side prior to taking off...it's natural...trimming should be done on a hover...no before taking off
    TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

When i first started on the HB also the same thing... broke boom (the long stick) and the tail blade. The boom is very difficult to change!

For trimming, i assum u got the training skids, get the heli light on the skids but not take off, and u will find that it wants to go all over the place.

Start by trimming rudder (tail rotation) to try to get the tail to stay in a place as much as possible... the heli will still want to wander.

Next trim the elevator (heli moves forward/backward) & aileron (left right movement) as much as possible. Cant get the heli to be remain at same spot at this point.

After that then u practice getting the heli still just light on the skids but maintain it within a 2X2 M square. Once u can keep the heli in that square confidently, then slowly increase throttle to get slight hover.

Its only when u can hover at about waist height then can really trim the heli. Last time i can trim my HB till hover hands free for about 3 secs.

U can refer to this training website... it promises to get u hovering confidently in 10 battery packs (provided u strictly follow the instructions)

Search:
      1) Radd's school of rotary flight - this is the 10 battery guide.
      2) EHBG (electric heli beginner's guide)
      3) Littlerotors.com

Comment

Thanks guys for your reply. I was afraid that I'm asking a stupid question that no one bother to reply Anyway, please allow me to ask a few more. How do you trim the rudder and elevator? I know should be at the remote control but which is which?

Comment

Another question. I assum the training skids you are referring to are the ping pong balls? However, I notice that there are two ways to set it up. One is with all the balls firmly touching the ground and another is with the balls pointing slightly upward. Which is the correct way?

Comment

depends... are u on mode one or mode2?

Is the throttle on your right stick or left stick?

I assum u on mode 1:

Rudder stick: Left stick left/right
            Elevator stick: Left stick up/down
            Aileron: Right stick left/right
            Throttle stick: Right stick up/down (trim will be in that direction)

Also wat HB u flying? HBT or HB2 (with a black box which is the 4-in-1, got adjustments for gain and proportion)?

Comment

yes, ping pong balls is training kit. Balls touching ground

Originally posted by eozoic
              Another question. I assum the training skids you are referring to are the ping pong balls? However, I notice that there are two ways to set it up. One is with all the balls firmly touching the ground and another is with the balls pointing slightly upward. Which is the correct way?

Comment

I'm on mode 1. The product code of my HB is EK1H-E004A. This was recommended to me by the LHS as I am a beginner.

Comment

Not sure on this code. How much u paid? If about 200plus then its the trainer model. If about 400 then its the HB2.

Advantage of HB2:
                  1) adjustbale gain (sensitity of the gyro)
                  2) proportion (adjust amount of tail thrust at nuetral rudder... if HBT then sometimes have to cut the tail slightly for adjustments)
                  3) Bigger battery ( but both also cannot make it, need lipo for flight time & weight)

Originally posted by eozoic
                  I'm on mode 1. The product code of my HB is EK1H-E004A. This was recommended to me by the LHS as I am a beginner.

Comment

Then mine should be a training model. The shop that I went to doesn't carry HB2 and another I called said HB2 is not meant for beginner. Anyway, I'll have to practice real hard with what I have. If get another bird right now, my wife is gonna kill me...

Comment

The HBT is a good start. The only thing is the tail rotor. U might need to 'cut' the blades near the edge about 2 mm if u find that your rudder trim already max but the heli tail still go clockwise.

U might also want to get a lipo pack and charger to get about 20 to 30 mins flight time. i think on the standard battery u get about 5 mins.

Other than that, the HBT is a good starting platform. Just follow the radd school of flight website & u'll be up hovering in about 2 weeks (might be less). Then follow the rest by learning side in, figure 8 and nose in.

After that if u still interested then its time to get a better heli to fly outdoors.

Comment

From the product code you mentioned, it should be the newer version with gain and proportion adjustment. The 4 in 1 is mounted in front. This version is much easier to trim.

Comment

This one ok wat.

This is the one that i have. Used it for about 5 to 6 months before trade in for a trex.

Now abit regret selling cos its good fun and can play at home. Actually if cut the blades, boom, paddles etc to make it sub-micro, then put in brushless... ideal for flying around in living room!

Comment

I was training in the living room and most of my wall, furniture got blade marking liao. Spend 5 mins playing and 10 mins cleaning up the mess.

Comment

Yep,

I missed mine too. Bought a Lipo, redid the little weights to the furthest part of the rotor, and now its as tame as a lamb. Flying around my living room more easily than the Trex!
                              Moderate stock TREX 450XL flyer
                              Stock HBT flyer

Comment

Working...
                              X