Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tail blade for feda

Found this "new" tail configuration at rotor. It come with steel shaft and a GWS 6050 pro.....of cause all the necessary nut and C clip. You just slip it onto the existing gear (tight fit) and put in the locking nut and is done....very stright forward.

Manage to test fly and it holds pitty well too. Painted it black as I dislike the original color of the GWS pro.. not sure how it perform under high head speed ....can it hold against sudden change of head speed and so no....need to test it out. Oh it cost $3.5 a set. The main disadvantage is it will easily break under hard contact. As it is direct monut onto the steel drive shaft. BTW heat generate by the tail motor is low as at the end of 10 min flight I can hardly feel anything...

close up of the end mounting

Comment

I did somthing similar a while back ..I saw it on the GWS site..

I used a bit of 3mm brass tube ( 2mm ID) on the hub and mounted the prop with a bit of wire directly onto the main gear.
      It worked well but as you said broke easily under hard contact.

I now use the caloco tail setup ...... and I have not broken a single tail prop since I upgraded..as it has a slip cluch system and is a softer prop. whole mod....$13 and a bit of sanding on a 2mm CF rod

but let me know how it goes for the piro rate it should ge higher

Comment

Working...
      X