Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ducted fan system for tail rotor

i saw this ducted fan at helihobby website. Does any one know where in singapore can i get this ? Is this type of tail rotor gd ?
    Sanwa M8 Version 3

Kyosho Inferno777 SP2 WC/STS21D

I think u shld be able to get something similar fr rotor hobby. I personally don fancy this type of setup, i always feel tail heavy is an issue but I still got a piccolo pro....

Cheers

Mike

Comment

The GWS fans can be bought in singapore but i don't know about the nice carbon fin and mount.

Came across this picture while looking around the internet for micro heli things, looks pretty nice you could probably do something like that after dropping by rotor hobby like HZM said, or the much disliked champion hobbies at kelantan lane

This is the "pronet", that's supposed to be on world tour or some-such-and-such.

Comment

Champ does not have the 50, wad they have are too huge to be used for the tail

Failure is not final,
        Success is never ending:
        It is not the destination but the journey that matters.

Wadever the journey, keep flying!

Comment

that's odd i've bought a total of 4 edf 50's from our dear chan so far.

Then again i think that was when they were first released,quite a long time ago. must have been before he ran out of stock like he's so inclined to.

my mistake !

Comment

i saw this idea in a recent issue of MHW... see if anyone has broken carbon main blades from a nitro heli, take the carbon sheets out, cut and glue them as needed.. cheap!
            JR 9x
            Raptor 50 SE
            Raptor 90 3D
            Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
            Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
            Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Hi I do have one of this 50 EDF unit but found the current drawn is more than 2 amp at 7.4 V. Will this post a problem..... This may significantly reduce the flight time with the same 1200 Lipo battery. Even those it may be very strong

Comment

how much the ducted fan cost ?
                Sanwa M8 Version 3

Comment

Neo, my advice is to avoid it. I've tried the EDF 50 before and it drew 3+ amps at full throttle. The weight is also another factor. It adds a lot of weight to the back and this combined with the high amp draw will drop your run time tremendously. All of my packs were destroyed by the high amp draw

Unless you can get the EDF50H do not try it. AFAIK no LHS carries the H (high voltage version). The H version would have a lower amp draw and would be usable.
                  -Feda Dragonfly
                  -Hornet 2
                  -Pilot OK Turmeric
                  -Zoom Zoom 4D
                  -Sceadu EVO 50: OS50, Hatori521, Revmax,
                  -Hornet X3D
                  -Hornet X3D (yet to setup!)
                  -Formosa 1
                  -World Models Spot On 50
                  -HB King 2
                  -World Models Groovy 50 F3A
                  -RICCS F18 EDF

Controlled by 9CHP
                  (Temasek Poly AMIG)

Comment

i'm using the edf 50 motor with a 3020 for my tail motor ( i only put that in because i've got a few spare ones from a few old DF units ) and everything seems ok. Might be a different story with the shroud an small little DF blades like fit tried, though.

Thing about the drawing-2-amps-at-7.4v : i dont think the motor will always be at 7.4volts and full power when you're hovering.

i've tried an IPS motor in the same setup and that worked ok as well.Perhaps an IPS motor in a DF shroud with a 5 blade df blade would be good? I think the IPS would be a higher turn motor and be a good approximation of the edf 50H that Fit suggests

derrick

Comment

thanks all. my thunderbird tail motor burn out. just wondering wat other tail motor can be used on the bird
                      Sanwa M8 Version 3

Comment

No problem

Just checked,you can get the edf 50 from champion afterall, 23 bucks.

An IPS motor for 12 , and 3020 props that work with it for 4.50 or so.

Derrick

Comment

Working...
                        X