Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tai grips problem on Trex XL

Hi guys what do u people do to tighten the grib of tail boom? I couldn`t tighten the stupid phillips screw well coz it always strip and difficult to dig it out. From time to time the belt will come lose and the tail will shows sign of wagging....Any idea?

2 Ways to tighten the tail boom.
    1 - U wrap the tail boom end with sticker. U can get those label sticker in any Popular Bookstore or any printer shop. The purpose is to make the tail boom diameter to become bigger a bit. It also act as some friction to prevent it from moving.
    2 - U use one extra the tail servo holder and tighten it at the end of tail boom to body. It act as handcuff that prevent the tail boom from sliding in.

SHornet

Comment

Oh... if screw head wear off, replace the screw. If u can't take it out, use one allen key to push it out from the other side while use a correct screw driver to screw it out.

If it is track wear out, either u get a slightly bigger diameter screw to replace it or u pour some CA onto the screw (Not too much) and then u screw it into the hole BUT not to tighten first. Wait till it is dry and then u screw it in further to tighten it. The purpose of the CA is to create new screw track.

If all else fail, u can also replace the body...Hehe!

SHornet

Comment

Thanks Super Hornet. I got your idea. The sticker you talking about are those transparent one? Masking tape?

Comment

Any type should be ok. I would prefer paper based label stick because paper has better friction than plastic and also easy to cut/clean off. Using paper label stick also have its advantage in such a way it is more equally cut.

U can also use paper label sticker for blade tracking.

SHornet

Comment

Roger thank you brother

Comment

Pilot Lock screw

I have the same problem previously. I managed to solve the problem.

This is what I do:

1. Drill a 1-1.5mm pilot hole at the bottom of the frame where the boom goes in.Need not drill if u have the skill to screw in straight.(no pun intended)

2. use a small wood screw 2mm(pointed type) to screw into the frame till it pushes against the tail boom.

This pilot screw helps to hold the tail boom in place for sure.

Note: DO NOT SCREW IN TOO FAR, ELSE IT MAY OBSTRUCT THE TAIL TIMING BELT!!!

cheers and merry x'mas
              When the sun shines, it's Coppertone time!

Comment

Working...
              X