Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible? scratch build R60

Hi, having 2 e-heli x400 and trex v2 and i finally must admit heli is not a toy... EVERYTHING matters... from screws to grease to align-ment, everything... (was a plane builder and believed heli is just assemble and can fly liao)

looks like im hooked and im loving this hobby... had sooo much fun building and er... flying...

Im doing some research into bigger heli and found out BIG E-heli can actually perform better than nitro... (close to half of F3C uses e-heli now) but only to found out my pocket is not deep enough to sink into big e-helis...

Learned the hard way on how important good parts are critical to both performance and pocket burning... im thinking of saving up $$ for a raptor 60...

As my formal plane habits kicks in.... i would like to scratch build this bird...
    Question... is it posible to scratch build the r60 under SGD$2000 using the most durable parts to build the most stable bird of iz class??? (prefer not to buy the kit at all...

For building is 1/2 the fun of this hobby

Nothing is impossible, but wouldn't u want something tested and proven?
    Why go thru the trouble of designing, mixing and matching your own heli when companies like JR, Hirobo, TT, Mikado, etc.. did it for u already?

If u want something 'durable' u can buy a kit, then opt for 3rd party frames, etc...

eg. Freya with Avant uprades....raptors with carbon extreme upgrades...

just my 1 cents...
    [SIZE="1"]
    [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
    Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

I think he just wan to buy the parts for the r60 and build it rather than buy the kit.

Comment

LOL i forgot to add... i mean a raptor 60 under $2k running nitro...

wat i mean by scratch building is going down rotor/ online buying raptor 60/ compatible after market parts to put together...

im not so adventurous to mix and match across parts meant for different heli...

thanks for your input... now searching for carbon extreme webby

btw i dont really like the quk parts... the pics on their part looks like dull blue not the type of nice anodised blue colour... any1 seen the real quk parts to varify iz it the photo or the parts are really not shinny....

Comment

haowee... u got it half rite...
          the next half is the after market parts...

Comment

Why raptor 60 ? I'll suggest 50 or the 90 size. Power to weight ratio needs to be considered

Comment

Originally posted by genexis
              Why raptor 60 ? I'll suggest 50 or the 90 size. Power to weight ratio needs to be considered
              thats the same reason y i need to build it to be most stable.... im not looking for the most 3d setup but most stable... cause i wanna train on it... so y 60... longer flight time and save more on fuel than 90 but have the freedom of upgrading to 90 at a cheaper cost in future...

Comment

Check with Ethinger for shiny blue parts...
                [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by 9VDXN
                  Check with Ethinger for shiny blue parts...
                  wat brand??? how's the performance? stable? slop free? im terrified of slops... needs stability...

Comment

U want stability, go for Freya or Sceadu for budget...anything else is a compromise...
                    The Japs dun win F3C competitions with Hirobo for nothing...

I think ethinger's shiny blue rotor head is from QUK.
                    [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

sigh... i tot hoping up the raptor can give it more stability looks like im wrong... thanks for the input again...

Comment

Raptor are known to be work horses...not stable machines...they should be flown, trashed and repaired...

Hobbist in sg buy raptors because parts are readily available..
                        TREX 500 ESP
                        Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Dix,
                          TT metal head should do the trick,
                          but most important thing which i did not get from QUK was the swash
                          sar.ratha@me.com
                          DEVIL

Comment

Originally posted by Art
                            Raptor are known to be work horses...not stable machines...they should be flown, trashed and repaired...

Hobbist in sg buy raptors because parts are readily available..
                            looks like i should play with hirobo... but there r certain things i dont like about hirobo...
                            1)the cowl... SOOOOOOO heavy... my foamy is lighter than just the cowl alone
                            2)SHS... i dont get to see hop up parts...
                            3)SHS... the only shop in sg i dont get discount...( u know sometimes even 50cent also makes u happy )
                            4)raptor is clean cut... 30/50 is 90% similiar and 60/90 is 90%similiar... simple as tat... hirobo is Sceadu Evolution, Shuttle Plus/z/zx/zxx/z-ts/rg, SST Eagle GS/SST Eagle 2 WC, Hirobo SST Eagle Freya,SST EAGLE FREYA Super II
                            so wgich is which what is what...sign too confusing for me...

Comment

It's very simple...and it all depends on your budget which is around $2K right?

I would reccommend the EVO line of helicopters (both sceadu EVO and Freya EVO)

I would think for the 60/90 size range...the top-of-the-line F3C birds would be out of your reach...but they do come with metal heads
                              These top-of-the-line F3C birds are expensive to crash and yet their rotorheads are not designed for 3D tho there are other factos that affect 3D performance.

The quite-new Freya EVO has a new type of rotorhead in which (I THINK ) the grips are reversed.
                              This results in powerful collective, less bogging and ability to use a lower torque servo such as a futaba S9252.

but on the other hand...hovering the heli becomes a little bit more difficult cos of the sensitive collective.

Why not give the Freya EVO a try?
                              I doubt you would regret it
                              Don't PCW

Beam E4
                              Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
                              Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

Working...
                              X