Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hold your balls, bit your teeth, save $$ ... TAHAN!!!

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hold your balls, bit your teeth, save $$ ... TAHAN!!!

To all e-heli cute sweeties and hardcore hunks hold on your budget... curb your Xmas shoping impulse... save all ang baos, bday $$.......

Align is going to go Big!!!!
    >/=30size e-helis is on iz way to our flying site...

Align is making BIG motors n are relizing soon...

RCG Links: 1 ,2

For building is 1/2 the fun of this hobby

sorry i am kind of new, issit some new upgrade for Nitro heli to ele heli ? or is just some motor ?
    [B]Kenny[/B]

Goblin 700 | Goblin 500 | Compass 6HV

Unthinkable, unimaginable, incredible, beyond conception and beyond the bounds of possibility!

Comment

its gonna be overpriced for sure
      sar.ratha@me.com
      DEVIL

Comment

you mean underpriced??......
        TX:2 Sanwa Quasars , Futaba 9C super (heli)
        Gliders :JW 54 , Sprinter , Flip400 (unbuilt)
        Planes: Jumping Jack,,Zoom 4D,IFO, magic 3d,
        Helis:Feda,Zap 400

Comment

Originally posted by YZY
          you mean underpriced??......
          [B]Kenny[/B]

Goblin 700 | Goblin 500 | Compass 6HV

Unthinkable, unimaginable, incredible, beyond conception and beyond the bounds of possibility!

Comment

sigh... what stops me from going into big electric helis is that the electronics are very expensive... am sure this is also the reason for many other pilots as well. caring for the batteries are also important, crashing a heli may risk the battery's life, ezpecially if they are lipo.. and for big electrics they are not cheap-at least thats what i have been told. even though big electrics has awesome power-weight ratio, am gonna stay with nitro, its power to weight ratio is good enough for me...
            sar.ratha@me.com
            DEVIL

Comment

please do not perceive me as a hater of electrics, infact i always perceive them as better than nitro, clean, MUCH better power to weight... there is a motor out which is 5hp!!!! for the ION X heli from Min Air. i think my c spec ps is only getting about 3 hp spinning on that shaft!
              sar.ratha@me.com
              DEVIL

Comment

Both nitro and electric are pretty equal power to weight ratio wise.. Its the cost which is the problem
                TX:2 Sanwa Quasars , Futaba 9C super (heli)
                Gliders :JW 54 , Sprinter , Flip400 (unbuilt)
                Planes: Jumping Jack,,Zoom 4D,IFO, magic 3d,
                Helis:Feda,Zap 400

Comment

align products SHOULD be cheaper,
                  we will see how it goes...
                  sar.ratha@me.com
                  DEVIL

Comment

Fuel costs vs Lipo costs

Ignoring setup costs for now, let's break this down into a per flight scenario on a Raptor 50.

20% Cool Power - S$39 (Last around 10 tanks)
                    Costs S$3.90 per flight

10S2P battery pack - US$500 (equivalent to S$850) (Assuming no crash and proper battery maintenance. Estimated to last around 200 flights)
                    So costs S$4.25 per flight.

So for running costs, it seems more of a upfront costs if switching to electric.
                    However, I doubt anyone can last 200 flights without a serious crash unless if just hovering!

Setup costs on E Raptor can buy you a 90 Size Freya Evo liao!!

Let's hope Align comes out with some decent pricing for the kit + motor + ESC combo appox. $800 - $1000. Will give Raptor a good run for the money

Any comments on the above analysis?

Comment

lol, you forgot to mention that electrics are clean!
                      sar.ratha@me.com
                      DEVIL

Comment

Originally posted by Birds
                        Ignoring setup costs for now, let's break this down into a per flight scenario on a Raptor 50.

20% Cool Power - S$39 (Last around 10 tanks)
                        Costs S$3.90 per flight

10S2P battery pack - US$500 (equivalent to S$850) (Assuming no crash and proper battery maintenance. Estimated to last around 200 flights)
                        So costs S$4.25 per flight.

So for running costs, it seems more of a upfront costs if switching to electric.
                        However, I doubt anyone can last 200 flights without a serious crash unless if just hovering!

Setup costs on E Raptor can buy you a 90 Size Freya Evo liao!!

Let's hope Align comes out with some decent pricing for the kit + motor + ESC combo appox. $800 - $1000. Will give Raptor a good run for the money

Any comments on the above analysis?
                        wow... first time i see a breakdown of cost per flight for batts...
                        well some people says electric got more power/gram, others says iz the sound and smell of nitro...

Well for me i'm special... i find electric fun cause it gives me more options... iz fun to custom my own setup, my own mod, my own choise...for nitros, im pretty much stuck with 2-4 engine size options... not fun enough for me... moreover, im an electronics engineer... (tat explains 90% of it)

anyway i was too excited about the news so i tot it'll be nice if i share the news around... didnt intend to flam or kana flam...

Comment

Lol

No worries Demented!

I am actually very excited by Align 30 Size Heli as I started the whole heli hobby with the Trex!

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

sorry for misunderstanding

Actually im saving up $$ to build a raptor 60 from scratch should be nitro (for "longer" play time) but seeing this... sigh... well im definitely going to save up from now... till the day they come out with their new toys i shall reconsider...

Comment

Wait till at least v3!

Originally posted by Demented
                              Actually im saving up $$ to build a raptor 60 from scratch should be nitro (for "longer" play time) but seeing this... sigh... well im definitely going to save up from now... till the day they come out with their new toys i shall reconsider...
                              From the Trex experience, wouldn't touch the Align Heli till at least V3 after all the issues have been resolved.

Comment

Working...
                              X