Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compare X400 an d Trex 450XL

Between these two bird, which is better in performance and parts cost ?
    Tx : yet to know
    Heli : yet to know

Trex

I'm not too sure about performance difference, but for parts support, TREX should be better. A few local shops carries their parts.So parts support wise should not be a problem.

There're many forums and resources available for the TREX, both local and overseas. Knowledge base wise, TREX is in abundance as compared to X400(its quite new, right?) a likely Align competitor?

The shops that carries the TREX parts are:
    1 Jet Hobby

2 Rotor hobby
    specialize in Radio Controlled (R/C) Quadcopters, Drones, Model Helicopters, Planes, Cars, Monster Trucks, Yacht, Power Boats, Tanks, Submarines, Turbine Jets, Robots, Servo Motors, accessories & more!

and maybe some others(not too sure)

As for X400, the only shop that I've seen that carries the parts is

SingaHobby
    This is the home page of Singapore Hobby Supplies Pte Ltd.

price of parts wise not too sure.

Seems to me that both TREX and X400 parts are compatible. Don't quote me.

It's your call.I'm just a newbie in this hobby.

cheers
    When the sun shines, it's Coppertone time!

Comment

I try not to sound bias here.... but look back in history.
      1. Zap/Zoom400 vs TRex. Zap has its good and bads. It is more power to weight ratio better than TRex. Due to Zap support sux and the manufacturer is either dissappear or don't bother to update it (it is like abandon child), it loose out to TRex. (Personally, I still think TRex better )

2. BetaMax and VHS Video Tape. BetaMax in paper should be better but due to poor availability in mass, VHS win.

3. Motorola 68000 (CPU in Macintosh) is better than Intel 8088 and Intel 80286 but due to only Apple producing 68k P.C., 68000 loose out.

So, if u go for X400, if SHS stop importing parts, u will stuck with internet order. Since SHS is the only shop carrying it, they can jack up the price. TRex is more like Computer, they keep on improving it!!

SH

Comment

bias view

Look at it this way, Trex is doing what Rapter did to 30,60 class Heli in Electric micro size.

Comment

Working...
        X