Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gy401

Is there anyway i can test my GY 401 whether is it working ?

coz when i fly my heli the tail is whacking left to right like mad. Is not little whacking, but is quite a big bad whacking from left to right non-stop. Also, the funniest thing is, when i throttle up, when half stick, i have no more rudder control. Whats wrong ? some of my friend was saying my GY401 is dead. Is it true ? how can i check whether is it dead ?

At frist the tail was so dam rough, So after changing those bend parts at the tail and gress it all that, the tail now is dam smooth like no body business. 2nd, we tought is coz the batt is weak, so there is no control, so after chargning until full, tried again, same thing, tail not holding. 3rd, tried using some other people S9254 servo, my tail still not holding ( Whacking like no body business ) So after all this, some of us think the GY401 is dead.

So is it really dead ? ? ?
    [B]Kenny[/B]

Goblin 700 | Goblin 500 | Compass 6HV

Unthinkable, unimaginable, incredible, beyond conception and beyond the bounds of possibility!

not sure, maybe

Hi sookainian,

I'm no expert here, judging from your resume, u should have more knowledge then me. Anyway....

List of things to go thru:

1 check that the gyro is set to DS or analog servo accordingly.
    2 check for any binding
    3 check whether the normal or reverse is orientated properly, it could be mixed up if u re-positioned your servo.
    4 when initializing heli, make sure you don't move it. the LED should be a constant red, representing HH mode.
    5 maybe u need to go thru the ESC setup all over again(i'm presuming u flying trex)

as for the rest u should know better. Item number 3 and 5 happened to me while changing servo. Just had to set the Gyro direction the other way and problem was solved.

ignore me if I talking crap

best of luck
    When the sun shines, it's Coppertone time!

Comment

Originally posted by GunSlngr
      Hi sookainian,

I'm no expert here, judging from your resume, u should have more knowledge then me. Anyway....

List of things to go thru:

1 check that the gyro is set to DS or analog servo accordingly.
      2 check for any binding
      3 check whether the normal or reverse is orientated properly, it could be mixed up if u re-positioned your servo.
      4 when initializing heli, make sure you don't move it. the LED should be a constant red, representing HH mode.
      5 maybe u need to go thru the ESC setup all over again(i'm presuming u flying trex)

as for the rest u should know better. Item number 3 and 5 happened to me while changing servo. Just had to set the Gyro direction the other way and problem was solved.

ignore me if I talking crap

best of luck
      1. the gy401 DS switch is on
      2. there is no binding, tail even smoother then b4 after changing
      3. it is not mix up for sure ( coz my friend help me test it too, they are more pro then me )
      4. yap, when inializing, did not move the heli and the light hold
      5. i think those poeple did a whole reset, but the tail still whacking like no body buniess

btw, u are not talking crap is a good to note all those things
      [B]Kenny[/B]

Unthinkable, unimaginable, incredible, beyond conception and beyond the bounds of possibility!

Comment

so those who help me on fix my heli, they said that my gyro is dead or cock up.

But those who did not help me fix say the gyro cant die so fast.

so i am confuse. Is the gryo is still alive or dead But all i know, i have 2 crash b4, and after those 2 crashes, my tail started to give me tones of problems. ( Both crash, aliron servo, JR539, give way on me )
        [B]Kenny[/B]

Comment

It may be possible that your wiring has come loose as a result of those crashes. Not sure why you're losing control at mid-stick though, because the Gyro section really has nothing to do with the throttle setting or the other cyclics. Don't forget to check your transmitter settings. Just for the heck of it, try putting your rudder on another channel just to test for response if you can. It could be a receiver problem for all you know. Lastly, does it work in rate mode?

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Wee
            It may be possible that your wiring has come loose as a result of those crashes. Not sure why you're losing control at mid-stick though, because the Gyro section really has nothing to do with the throttle setting or the other cyclics. Don't forget to check your transmitter settings. Just for the heck of it, try putting your rudder on another channel just to test for response if you can. It could be a receiver problem for all you know. Lastly, does it work in rate mode?

Daniel
            mb the wiring at the gryo there have become lose. Coz last time normally my wires i make them quite tight, so is like just now ( which is wrong ). So could be the wireing has be lose.
            Dont think the Rx will spoil so easily because is inside a black plastic box, and inside the box there are spong, so quite soft, think even when crash, the box already hve help to absorbe most of the shock.
            [B]Kenny[/B]

Comment

and, do u know where can i buy a gryo box ? like those box rotor selling for Rx
              [B]Kenny[/B]

Comment

check make sure your REVO mix is off

Comment

I believe the tail setup is wrong....

I had a similar experience just last week...tail neutral position was off by a few mms and the gyro was working....heli couldn;t compensate enough for the tail to hold and was like a spoilt servo....servo will also be over working....

my guess will be...

1)tail setup wrongly
                  2) gain too high ( hunting )
                  TREX 500 ESP
                  Futaba T12FGH

Comment

oh...never heard of a defective 401 yet....tail servo maybe

gyro....no..
                    TREX 500 ESP
                    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Originally posted by gowest
                      check make sure your REVO mix is off
                      could be.. maybe ur frens 'reset' it n default is on?

yah so far nv hear 401 defect.. my 1 on the 90 almost 3 yrs ago is still working fine.... and it has seen many crashes which i can say are more serious than yours..

are u using the 9253/4?

ohoh... check your tail bearings! i rem once i had this prob.. acc up from hover and the tail just locked.. imput won't move.. then didn' hold.
                      could be something like what u described.
                      -* Project Swift *-

Comment

tail bearings is which part ?
                        [B]Kenny[/B]

Comment

Btw Kenny its WAGGING not whacking..... lol

Yes his tail is acting really wierd Dunno y.... there is not throttle to gyro or rudder mixing wadsoever... But when the engine runs up to a certain rpm, the tail's movement is limited... but at a lower headspeed, it works fine.

If you do not run the engine, the throttle stick does not affect the servo movement and if u use ur hand to try to prevent the servo from moving, u can feel the torque of the servo... So it seems the servo is fine..

On the ground the gyro also seems to be working fine as it corrects the right direction if u swing the tail manually... etc

There is also no binding.

Kenny, you should really ask some 1 to lend u a gyro even a 240 will be fine to confirm ur 401 is bad

ZY
                          TX:2 Sanwa Quasars , Futaba 9C super (heli)
                          Gliders :JW 54 , Sprinter , Flip400 (unbuilt)
                          Planes: Jumping Jack,,Zoom 4D,IFO, magic 3d,
                          Helis:Feda,Zap 400

Comment

from what zy describe, sounds like a bearing or shaft problem.

at higher rpm when the centrifugal force increase, may force something on the hub or blade grip to move, so jamming stuff up. pull outwards on your tail blades see got any binding.
                            JR 9x
                            Raptor 50 SE
                            Raptor 90 3D
                            Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
                            Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
                            Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Yes i thought so too.... but the whole entire tail has been changed.... even the shaft and wadeva metal he put there so.... im pretty surprised too...
                              TX:2 Sanwa Quasars , Futaba 9C super (heli)
                              Gliders :JW 54 , Sprinter , Flip400 (unbuilt)
                              Planes: Jumping Jack,,Zoom 4D,IFO, magic 3d,
                              Helis:Feda,Zap 400

Comment

Working...
                              X