Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky Surfer problem

Today is my second experience I lost a SkySurfer obviously due to some technical or other problems that might be the cause that sent my glider out of control. It started well with not problems that my glider was able to manouevre and return with safe landing. After my fourth flight when the glider was still within visual range (about 300-400m) the glider suddenly made a sharp turn and head sharp down at erratic course.

I suspect this problem could be due to the following reasons :

1. ESC (20amp) could be over heated? Is 20amp ESC sufficient for this model that comes with the motor?
    2. Futaba digital RX 2.4ghz 6 channel lost signal with TX?
    3. Environment interference?

For the experienced flyers, I would like to hear your suggestions on prevention of future incident and the right type of electronic gadgets to be used on the glider. (Note: I use the Futaba T8J FHSS and Futaba RX 6 channel.)

Thank you for your attention.

Did you ever notice that the ESC is burning hot after a flight? The stock 20A ESCs are not much good. Have experienced before that during flight, the heat shrink material on the ESC actually softened and peeled off...

If the ESC is overheated, it's possible to fail completely contributing to the loss of your model.

Next Skysurfer you buy, try replacing the ESC with 30A or higher rating.
    ------------------------------
    Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
    NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Thanks Foxkilo. You are probably right. Will mount the 30amp esc in future.

Comment

get ESCs that use 100% N-fets... they are more heat resistant and less likely to burn out at the specified rating.

Comment

Oh..I have never heard of this. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
          X