Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help in a glider building competition

im involved in a glider building competition and i need some help .the glider can be of any size and any design .it just need to fit through a door 2.1 m high and 1m wide.i also need to fit on a trolley to the glider to move down a 10 m ramp and take off.the furthers glider will win a trophy.so now i have to built a glider which can glide far without any electronics and motor.
    does any one have any plans or design for a glider which i can built easily.
    -how do i make a wing with creates lots of lift(wat aerofoil shape shall built.
    -the shape of the fuselage
    -find the correct cg(put nose heavy or tail heavy to have longer flight
    -wat material
    -high wing,mid wing or low wing
    -how long should i build the wing and fuselage(ration between fuslage and wing)

ok to help you here. i was involved in last year's competition, not as a competitor but in the demonstration team from singapore poly.

the main problem with last year's gliders were that the center of gravity was too far behind, and once the glider lifted off the ramp, it rolled backwards, stalled and splat. only one team got the CG right and that was the only glider which actually glided.

use a high lift cambered airfoil with a flat bottom, and make sure the frame is light yet strong. it should be as large as the rules allow. might be good to add a purpose built horizontal stabilizer. you'll need to use what you learnt in physics and moments to calculate the forces needed to balance it. use a smooth covering surface like plastic film, not fabric.

i will be involved this year as well. hope to see you there. best of luck.
    JR 9x
    Raptor 50 SE
    Raptor 90 3D
    Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
    Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
    Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

k thnks.u also particiating in the competition?i thought onli for secondary school people

Comment

Build THIS!

It's called a "Baby TG3", it runs with or without motor, both fly wonderfully. Made out of mostly balsa and some ply.

Plans in DXF form, if you want it, contact me.

Comment

go for a flying wing design.

Comment

OMG! heli friend! You have a competitor! Hi! weiyao from Ngee Ann sec. Wad scholl are you freom? Sec 4, 2nd time in this competiton.

Other detials? Classified!

Thanx!
            SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

OMG..Ngee Ann Sec trashed Maris Stella by over 20 pts in basketball
              Don't PCW

Beam E4
              Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
              Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

Hehehahah! I know! Was in the team when in sec 3. Now no time to go back. U wanna talk thru MSN? heres mine: pitch_black89@hotmail.com

Thanx!
                SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

hi wei yao.im jeffrey from st pats sec3

Comment

Working...
                  X