Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed for bungee-launched Balsa wood glider

Hi I am having an assignment where I need to make a glider that is able to be cover:

1. Horizontal Flight Distance Covered (m) : 10m
    2. Distance Measured from Centre Line (m): < 0.25m

I am currently facing a problem with regards to the length wingspan, winglets... all these dimensions I need to build it and meet the requirement.

Can anyone help?

Your help is very much needed and appreciated.

Any model aeroplane plans for me to build a balsa wood glider that can glide at least 10m that will be bungee-launched from a 700mm tall table?

Comment

Any model aeroplane plans?

This glider will be bungee-launched from a 700mm tall table. It must travel at least 10m.

Comment

look for them yourself la

its for a competition / assignment

competition / assignment means you put in your own effort, and design your own glider.

have fun = )

by the way, you can always google free flight gliders to find out more.
        Last edited by Sunstorm; 28-12-2012, 05:14 PM.
        "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

A hand made paper plane folded from a4 paper hand thrown can glide more than 10m. Build one and stick some balsa on it and walla. You got yourself a plane.
          Do you feel the RUSH....!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wind rider View Post
            Hi I am having an assignment where I need to make a glider that is able to be cover:

1. Horizontal Flight Distance Covered (m) : 10m
            2. Distance Measured from Centre Line (m): < 0.25m

I am currently facing a problem with regards to the length wingspan, winglets... all these dimensions I need to build it and meet the requirement.

Can anyone help?

Your help is very much needed and appreciated.
            Simple google search for "chuck glider" will yield more info than you can ever need. Try it!

Art Friend does sell some ready-cut chuck glider kits, but I think too small for your requirement. Have a look.
            ------------------------------
            Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
            NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Or you could always just get a multiplex fox

Comment

Working...
              X