Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aiyo.....i can fly but cannot do anything else ...

To bring the thread back on track

Kan/GP cell is abt 22g per cell, 8 pcs will be 176g

Etec 1700mah is around 125g

Considering my nose weight penalty of 20g, the battery system weight is ard 145g with LIPO ..... unless I go w 7 x GPs/Kan .... then its close and safe for the motor

Cheers

Mike

Comment

But is your 20g at the battery compartment or at the nose of the glider? If you have it at the nose of the gilder, then you will need more weight than 20g at the battery location as the battery compartment is very close to the CG.

7 or 8 cell should work quite well. Maybe 8 cell is a little nose heavy as the original instructions is for 7 cells.

Comment

Yeah..... the 20g is at nose......

Now need to get a alu spinner and prop tat fold nicely to the side....hope it will improve it gliding efficiency

Cheers

Mike

Comment

you got pics for the nose? HZM
          i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

i sense the coming of a siren....
            just learning to fly

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
              Yeah..... the 20g is at nose......

Now need to get a alu spinner and prop tat fold nicely to the side....hope it will improve it gliding efficiency

Cheers

Mike
              hey some pictures for your viewing

Comment

Originally posted by rafe
                hey some pictures for your viewing
                Is that Mike or is that Mike's son?

Comment

Did you guys notice something......hmmm .....looks like Mike is still in his office ware .....wonder what time is that when the pic was taken

Comment

The photo got date and time stamping

Anyway, after yesterday evening flying, looks like got the next target liao

Wallet are tight nowadays......maybe end of this yr.

Btw, I had justed changed my power system to a mini ac .... static full throttle current draw is 15A ..... motor spec is Max at 16A

I presume inflight current draw could be lower.

The replacement is 100% plug and play. Shaft is 2.3mm so with a pinion puller, the same pinion on stock motor can be use on the mini ac. So is the mounting holes. Will test flight again this weekend

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Cool! Look forward to seeing the power climbs.

In fact, I am also considering changing motor on my EG. hmm....hmm...

Comment

I have a 400 Align motor 3mm shaft 2800kv ..if I was to use this with a 33 amp esc and a 1700mah etec battery what adaptor gear box would I need to get this bird really humming ..possible?

cheers doug

Comment

anyone selling the easy glider stock motor?.. i need cos i just blow mine.

Comment

U can get the stock motor from ntc, ask for permax speed 400 6.0V
                            it's less than $20 if i'm not wrong, more like around 10-15

Comment

sorry let me rephrase this question.... If I have a 400 Align motor 3mm shaft 2800kv ..and I was to use this with a 33 amp esc and a 1700mah etec 3 cell battery..... what prop and or adaptor gear box or direct drive would I need to get this bird really flying well

what would the best set up be?
                              cheers doug

Comment

Doug, sorry for late reply..... had been a busy day.

IMO the stock gear box is good enuf for this glider. I am along the route of "not spending too much" to get this glider to fly

As spoken, I would encourage to stay at the Himaxx 2025/3200, the climb rate is nice and decent and within 30S, it will get to reasonable height for thermal searching.

Read fr rcgroup, Mega 3 turn w the stock gear box is should draw ard 15A. With the himaxx setup, batts is merely warm after landing. Definitely very comfortable.

Cheers and have luck

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X