Comment

2nd flight, testing vimeo quality

www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers
      www.facebook.com/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League

Comment

Originally posted by Pang View Post
        Red hot chilli pepper
        blueberry and lady finger also available
        "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

the green one in the previous photo looks awesome! nice flight video too.
          what's the top speed like?

Comment

Originally posted by aeromodelling View Post
            the green one in the previous photo looks awesome! nice flight video too.
            what's the top speed like?
            don't really know. should be quite fast, I guess

I'm not interested in dopplering it as I don't like doing near and low fast passes at full throttle. Risk assessment fail
            "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

yes agree with you. at such speed low pass will be very risky. was it your scratchbuild sunstorm?

Comment

No. its the sr3.

Comment

Comment

Flight update

Prior, I felt the sink rate was too high for the SR3 and moved the cg back to abt 58mm (thereabout the back of the carbon strip on the underside of the wing) and the SR3 flies great.

This is achieved by repositioning the interior: Motor --> spacer --> lipo --> ESC

By my setup, the lipo (thus CG) cannot be pushed much further back as the gang of servo wires, rx and esc sits back there.

Launch at 100% throttle, with a fair (not monster throw like Vincent's ;-)) left hand toss, the SR3 climbs and accelerates away swiftly and speck out fast.

My particular SR3 frame has some interaction and require down elevator (11%) mixed with throttle.

On a TP 45C 1800mah 3S, fuselage needs no cutting, motor time is ~3mins. Powered turn is wider than glide turn but to the difference as FJ ultras. Its a slick and speedy airframe and dont whine as much as FJ ultra.

If you're comfortable trotting the FJ Ultra (4S) around, SR3 would be a suitable upgrade in my opinion.

Comment

well, thing about funjets is....

they are easier to doppler and they land much easier

mine just drops nose when I throttle off.

but I compensate anyway.

The SR3 is great fun!

just watch out when landing.

this is not a beginner plane!

I love the metallic timbre of the swoosh as it does a fast pass

because the prop is square (5 x 5), it doesn't seem to make so much noise when it's unloaded

Comment

Thanks to RT9, resolved some of the (elevator and throttle) interaction (reduced to 5%) by adding down thrust (~0.75mm) on the motor!

CG now at 48mm (motor--> esc--> lipo--> rx) , ~forward edge of carbon strip, following rcgroup forum's suggestion to reduce tip stall.

This plane do not like to fly slow. Speed bleeds slowly and approach for landing is very long and shallow. Defnitely not for beginners

Comment

Working...
                        X