Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Topsky DLG

Hi to all,

I'm new to DLG and currently intend to travel around with this Mini DLG around SG. I'm unsure whether it is strong enough to just secure the wings and the fuselage together with the nylon bolts given and toss it up in the air? or does the wings and fuselage require additional epoxy or C.A glue after securing the nylon bolts?
    Learning is never ending...

[U][B]Hangar[/B][/U]
    [FONT=Impact]Mikado Logo 700 XXTREME[/FONT]

The screws given should be strong enough to hold up against a decent DLG launch. You may upgrade to similar sized metal screws when you think your launches are stronger and it may work as ballast too.

No additional CA is needed to bolt down the wings to the wing mount.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
    Adnan
    Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
    ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
    Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Hi Adnan,

Thank for the reply. Noted it. I'm currently still building it up. I can't wait to maiden it.

[U][B]Hangar[/B][/U]

Comment

Hi Sgeza,

Have you seen Joe Yap's MTS build thread? Quite informative.

For the screws, you could change 1 screw a to stainless steel one and the leave the other one as is (nylon). That's what I have for my Topsky 1.0. Held up very well. Had an akward landing once and the nylon bolt gave way. Good thing, cos it saved my wing.

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
        BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

Hi sherchoo,
          Yup i have seen Joe Yap's MTS build. But i think i will get stuck later on when it comes to fixing the servo linkage to the ele and rudder. Its a bit complicated to me.hahaha.Oh i see. It seems like stainless steel screw has an advantage although nylon bolt are lighter.

[U][B]Hangar[/B][/U]

Comment

Working...
          X