Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outrunner wire placement question?

I use outrunners in my e-gliders and has this commmon problem where the motor can rubs against the out runner wires.

I've tried using fibre tapes to hold down the wires but it does not work well.

Like to ask for tips on how to secure the wires? would a spot of thick CA/epoxy do the trick or should I use thicker and stickier tapes? I have composite gliders and am not keen to slot and cable tie.

Thank you for advice.

Originally posted by remauled View Post
    I use outrunners in my e-gliders and has this commmon problem where the motor can rubs against the out runner wires.

I've tried using fibre tapes to hold down the wires but it does not work well.

Like to ask for tips on how to secure the wires? would a spot of thick CA/epoxy do the trick or should I use thicker and stickier tapes? I have composite gliders and am not keen to slot and cable tie.

Thank you for advice.
    This is the disadvantage of using outrunner for glider with slim fuselage. What you can do is tape the wires with fibertape and CA it to the fuselage. In the event you need to remove the motor, just cut the tape. Periodically you need to check that it doesn't come loose and touch the motor.

Comment

Thanks

Hi Dennis, thank you.

It's done, I've used masking taped to wrap around the motor cable and a 2nd masking tape as double protection. Then spot epoxy (5mins) to fuselage base.

Comment

mvvs motors

Hi bro, you can try looking at mvvs motors. They have outrunner motors built specially for gliders. No cables and the bullet connectors are placed behind the motor.
        Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

My favourite outrunner

Click image for larger version

Name:	2051.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	971826

Do you feel the RUSH....!!!!

Comment

Name:	2045_1.jpg
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	971827

Comment

Name:	2045.jpg
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	971828

Comment

Slice off a thin, 4mm strip of cheap fibrous grey cardboard, like those in toilet roll centers. Bend into shape around the wires. Drop on thin CA, soak the carboard carefully and in contact with fuse. The fibers will soak up the CA and bond with the fuse on contact.

Viola.
                Instant, rigid (but replaceable) composite outrunner wire guide.
                sigpic
                ... Why does everything I think I need always come with batteries?
                John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by Kantankerous View Post
                  Slice off a thin, 4mm strip of cheap fibrous grey cardboard, like those in toilet roll centers. Bend into shape around the wires. Drop on thin CA, soak the carboard carefully and in contact with fuse. The fibers will soak up the CA and bond with the fuse on contact.

Viola.
                  Instant, rigid (but replaceable) composite outrunner wire guide.
                  And why didn't I think of that! Excellent idea.
                  Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Working...
                  X