Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Does anyone have the V tailed version of the Energic so I can see it can be modded to electric?? Jonathon, is your plane back from SF or taking the ocean cruise back to Singapore?
    Would love to get a vtail electric... Yes I have mine both electric and slope fuse with one set of wing.
    Pang also have . Which area u want to gt a close up or measurement ?

Comment

I want to see the V tail glider fuse and figure out can it be modified to electric. Have to see which area needs to be cut and figure out how the tail servos will be installed behind the wing. Figure out how the nose cone can be attached to the fuse for electric and what diameter is the nose cone to accept the motor as that will also have to be cut. Is the nose cone perfectly round up front or oval etc? So best to see the plane and think things thru.

My understanding is that the T tail is only for electric and V tail only for Glider
      Do you feel the RUSH....!!!!

Comment

yup understood. Too bad office swift to Changi so a bit hard to drop by OHR everyday :-).
        Will try to drop by sat afternoon with it.

will snap a few shot to give an idea, I pretty much believe HV setup is out for the slope converted fuse.
        Beside T tail only for electric, the fuse is signify fly larger and it is 24mm wider on the T-fuse then the S-fuse.
        The wing joiner is 24mm longer for T-fuse.
        the nose is not round nor oval, but more of triangle shape.

I have perfect platform to mod as my wing is anyway damage after emergency landing that I have to do in SF slope as my wiper tape on the vtail came out and I lose some vtail control. Was amazing to try to land it tight spot with all the lift that was there I the slope and had to put it into the bushes to take it down and not loss the whole plane. So consider good recovery as front edge of wing damage but repairable.

I am sure I will get another one , just waiting for pang to sort out wih vendor on availability else will orde from US.

EDIT .. added pictures....i think it is going to be very challenging to convert to electric with a decent power setup.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	974404

Name:	IMG_2818.JPG
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	974395Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2819.JPG
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	974396Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2820.JPG
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	974397Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2821.JPG
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	974398Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2822.JPG
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	974399Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2823.JPG
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	974400Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2824.JPG
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	974401Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2825.JPG
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	974402Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2826.JPG
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	974403

Jonathan

Last edited by JYZoom; 25-03-2013, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Have some fun today.... Haven't been here for quite some time already.

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	974561

Comment

Thanks Jonathan for the photos. Small is good
            Do you feel the RUSH....!!!!

Comment

Getting ready

Saw a buddy "winching" OHR on Sunday... so getting myself ready for it.

Name:	hock.jpeg
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	974580

Comment

It's a lot of work! Not everyone's cup of tea... But you're most welcome to try. The glider gang at CD field will also be winching this year with a pro winch.

Comment

Jonathan,
                  What planes were they winching?

James,
                  When do you think the winching at CD field start. Wanna go see... very interested.

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
                  BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

Just waiting to go down with Francis to get the winch battery. Maybe next week can start.

Some videos http://www.teamusaf3b.com/?page_id=1386 to learn winching
                    www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers
                    www.facebook.com/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League

Comment

James....cool.
                      Shechoo...James was flying his Pike Perfect. :-)

Pang, what type of battery ? I have two packs of 10S lipo 3800mah 60C revlolectric comes in 5S * 2 ...so total of 4 x 5S combo. I can donate this out for us to winch as I don;t use it anymore....interested ?

Jonathan

Comment

I think it's like a car battery

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
                        BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

You can use a higher amp car battery, but it will die on you sooner than if you use a deep cycle or marine 12v battery.

Pang,
                          Let us know when you start, will try to join you guys and see what a pro winch can do.

Comment

Originally posted by James Lee View Post
                            You can use a higher amp car battery, but it will die on you sooner than if you use a deep cycle or marine 12v battery.

Pang,
                            Let us know when you start, will try to join you guys and see what a pro winch can do.

Yes yes.... let do it...will get my stuff ready for it.

Comment

FYI...selling my electric version of ENergic...as I can;t get use to flying without rudder.

Comment

ANyone interested to take over a brand new Rotmilan ready for shipment once payment is done. It have a slope fuse and a electric fuse with one set of wings , spinner also included.

Comment

Working...
                                X