Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White eHawk

Ho Jon, I've got a well-loved eHawk that I enjoyed flying.
    Being a mass produced pod & boom, IMO its simply a change from floating foam. It's faster, but don't expect it to 'thermal'. It's not perfect at stock. That said a well set-up eHawk will still glide well and heavier ones carve sweetly.

I've re-covered mine in white, and the stock vtail has been remade in thin glassed balsa with bigger surfaces for better tail authority esp in turns and when landing. Quite a difference.

http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...nd-August-2010

I do not fly it anymore having moved to composites so if anyone is interested in it, just PM me and let me know.
    sigpic
    ... Why does everything I think I need always come with batteries?
    John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by Kantankerous View Post
      Ho Jon, I've got a well-loved eHawk that I enjoyed flying.
      Being a mass produced pod & boom, IMO its simply a change from floating foam. It's faster, but don't expect it to 'thermal'. It's not perfect at stock. That said a well set-up eHawk will still glide well and heavier ones carve sweetly.

I've re-covered mine in white, and the stock vtail has been remade in thin glassed balsa with bigger surfaces for better tail authority esp in turns and when landing. Quite a difference.

http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...nd-August-2010

I do not fly it anymore having moved to composites so if anyone is interested in it, just PM me and let me know.
      Kantankerous, cool. pm you already.

Comment

Bro...thank you all for your advices.....done I have decided to get an EHawk 1500.... (new or used) I want one.

This video nail it for me.

Jonathan

Comment

And this one just make up my mind.

Comment

i suugest a multiplex cub, most fun plane
            i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Dx18

Thanks to Bro Kantankerous, got my EHawk now.

Looks like I also got the right transmitter for Glider.
              Now I just have to figure out and understand what/why all these features and the apply it.

SPEKTRUM DX18
              Programming Guide for a Six-Servo Sailplane
              By: Sherman Knight

June 2012 - Version 1.0

The DX18 takes the best from many different radios combining them into one of the most feature laden sailplane radio to date. Some of the new sailplane features include:
              • Two types of V-tail setup and V-Tail differential.
              • Dedicated Motor Programming.
              • Activation of Landing Mode with the Flap Stick.
              • Six-servo wing programming.
              • Ten Flight Modes.
              • Telemetry for voltage, altitude and Data Logger. (more sensors coming soon)
              • Each trailing edge servo can be independently trimmed in each flight mode and each wing type.
              • For the Scale guy?s, up to 18 channels and 15 non-dedicated mixes.
              • Battery life in excess of 15 hours.
              • Two transmitter antenna fixed at 90 degrees to each other to provide antenna diversity.
              • Digital trim for the throttle stick so you can cross trim the elevator.

The programming provided by this template and guide is for a six-servo sailplane. The pre-loaded template does all the heavy lifting. The guide then shows you how to tweak the template for your aircraft. Using the template along with sufficient time spent on the aircrafts mechanicals will result in an aircraft that is nearly ready to fly!

Here is what the template includes:
              • Elevator and Ailerons on the right stick.
              • Rudder and Flaps on the left stick.
              • Ailerons to Rudder Mix.
              • Left Trimmer trims flaps together.
              • Right Trimmer trims ailerons together.
              • Five flight modes are active, Speed, Thermal, Cruise, Launch, and Land.
              • Four Dual rates have been preset. Speed Mode starts with the smallest rate, increasing to thermal then cruise and launch with the highest rates for Landing Mode.
              • Camber (trailing edge) presets have been included for each Flight Mode. Trailing edge is drooping for launch, droops less for thermal, is neutral for cruise / land and slightly up for speed.
              • In addition to Camber on a Flight Mode Switch, Camber adjustment on the left slider is also active. Camber is adjustable with the slider in all modes except for launch.
              • Pulling the flap stick below 92 % activates Landing Flight Mode. (Automatically changing rates, differential, aileron to rudder mix, flap to aileron mix, and activating the flap to elevator compensation.)
              • A rough Flap to Elevator compensation curve is included in landing mode.
              • Aileron to Flap Mix in Cruise Mode. (approximately 20%)
              • Differential for Aileron and Flaps for each Flight Mode.
              • More down elevator in Speed and Cruise Mode so you can push over at the top of a zoom.
              • More down elevator in Land Mode so you can push over at the spot.
              • As a safety feature, the radio will not turn on until you retract the flaps and turn off the launch mode.

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble but the good old futaba 12 fg has all these features.
                And it don't reboot
                Do you feel the RUSH....!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                  Sorry to burst your bubble but the good old futaba 12 fg has all these features.
                  And it don't reboot
                  Hee hee.... it is just a way to justified I changed my Radio again after the fact that I have purchased it....have moved many radio including 12FG, FX20, DX8, DX6, DX7SE, Futaba ..........

Just happy that this radio suppose to make it easier to setup flying glider....only if I understand all the features and read the manual.

Jonathan

Comment

How i wish i can always test out new systems and get the latest stuff as well.. So exciting to be learning something everyday, although it might be fustrating as well...

Come OHR more often bro, with you around i wont need to go buy the latest stuff yet still be able to admire to learn more abiut them haha
                    Regards,
                    Xuen7

SELLING
                    2 x Brand New ThunderPower G6 Batteries 65C 5000mAH
                    Kontronik HeliJive 120HV ESC

Brand New Mcpx Upgrades
                    Flashed XP-12A for MCPX Governed and Brushless Conversion
                    Flashed XP-3A for MCPX tail brushless Conversion

BUYING
                    MCPX parts / kit etc..
                    Burned MCPX Mainboards

"Learning the art of forgetting for the sake of remembering"

Comment

Thank You

Thank you for all who have help me......today got it tune out and flying it for more then 30mins just with 2 packs high up
                      It is time now to make some changes to get a bit more power to train for my NEW one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7709432354_92dceaf648_b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	282.5 KB
ID:	971676

Jonathan

Comment

hm.. what new onnes ah?

Comment

after dark

Wow Jon, I love what you've done to it
                          Glad to hear that you have trimmed the eHawk out. Hope it serves you well! And P.S. even though it has lights, I wouldn't fly it after dark!
                          sigpic
                          ... Why does everything I think I need always come with batteries?
                          John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by Kantankerous View Post
                            Wow Jon, I love what you've done to it
                            Glad to hear that you have trimmed the eHawk out. Hope it serves you well! And P.S. even though it has lights, I wouldn't fly it after dark!
                            Yup noted...I have to actual depend on the orange to see it when it is high up there.

Comment

Adventure with the Ehawk is now over...but it was a great learning on this , thanks Kantankerous for letting me have this and get that experience flying it high up.

Jonathan

Comment

crash spare

moving away from E-Hawk...

Crash spare , if anyone want it let me know...previous owner have lights on the wings and tail...all still looks good to use especially if you already have E-Hawk.

yes it is free...you can have it if you want... if not I will throw away anyway.

Name:	7751150114_f75becb276_z.jpg
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	971759

Name:	7751152816_283a1f4789_z.jpg
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	971760

Jonathan

Comment