Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slovakian Babe.....

After getting the run around at the cargo complex....I finally managed to retrieve my box from the hands of Dnata....

Sneak Peak

My first reaction when I saw the plane is......Someone else can beat Vladimir at design and construction.....The attention to details is the best I have seen to date.

This baby will get a lot of love and slow steady pace of build....No rushing such a work of art.

Do you feel the RUSH....!!!!

wow, what's this phallic looking thing

damn I'm sure it flies goood
    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Check this out

This is "Egida F3J" by Alby F3X on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Enjoy the music

Comment

great stuff!

superb. elipsoid shaped wings. very high aspect ratio. simple polyhedral wing.

nnaise
        "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Neat !!

Comment

i hate you...

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
              i Hate You...
              :l
              Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                i Hate You...
                Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

I really like this copywriter

Handling and flight Characteristics:

The EGIDA handling is much improved over the RL. The EGIDA is very easy to fly. While in a turn it required very little rudder, and can completely be flown with the right stick. This is because of the extra dihedral built into the tips. This creates a very user friendly model, and allows you to focus on the air more than flying the plane. The aileron area is also increased and they are extended all to the tip allowing for a less drag in a turn and increased roll rate.

The most surprising part of the design was the effectiveness of the V-tail. Jaro put a very large V-tail on the EGIDA. In the past V-tails where undersized and had some nasty characteristics like snapping and bad landing control. We were pleased to find that the EGIDA did not have any of the bad habits. The V-tail actually had more landing control at slow speeds than the X-tail Espada RL with big stabs. Also during tests we tried to snap the model and giving the model full up in a turn did not snap it, and also full up and full rudder did not snap the model. The EGIDA is a very stable platform, it grooves and locks into a thermal turn very well.

The aileron and flap servos are mounted in the root of the wing. Jaro believes that the center of mass needs to be brought as close to the center of the plane as possible. Taking the servos out of the wings decreased drag while rolling because the plane does not need to lift the mass of the servos. Bringing the weight inboard makes the wing tips signal lift better. It is really amazing how the EGIDA signals lift in light air.

The flap size was also increased compared to the RL. This allows for very slow landings and steep approaches. The big difference that we saw with the larger flaps was when a thermal came through on landing. In that condition the pilot needs to dive to stay at the same altitude, but with other models this greatly increases the approach speed. With the EGIDA you are able to maintain a slow speed while diving through the thermal.

New Technology:

Jaro has always been a leader in composite molding technology in the model sailplane industry. The EGIDA is his largest leap forward.

The servos drive system is called fully integrated servo design. Both the flap servo and the aileron servo mounts are located at the root of the wing. The aileron servo goes in front of the spar and the flap servo goes behind the spar in separate pockets. The linkage is already installed, so all you have to do is slide in your servo. If it is not 12 mm you have to shim it, and screw in one set screw that holds the servo head to the torque rod. The torque rod goes from the servo head to the linkage where it hooks up to a ball bearing supported pushrod system that is internally hooked up to the flap or aileron. The pockets fit servos that are 12mm or thinner, so they will easily fit a 761 or 809. The entire linkage is internal and tighter than any linkage we have felt. The only slop in the surface is the slop from the servo.

Jaro also found a way to mold the surfaces outside of the wing mold and still have a live hinge. This creates an extremely stiff surface, and a hinge that will not wear out like taped hinges.

He also found a new way of attaching the leading edge of the wings. In other models the leading edge of the wings are attached using epoxy with filler and foam. This adds weight with very little strength gain. Jaro made the leading edge of the wing skin overlap and bond to each other which is stronger and lighter than the old way.

The EGIDA also features a spread tow carbon d-box with carbon reinforcement in the wing where necessary. He uses the lightest layup and the lightest layup techniques possible to create this extremely light 63 ounces (809, and 761 servo) EGIDA.

Jaro also used the successful composite layup of the Espada on the fuse using a honey comb skin with a spar down the center of the fuse.

The Kit:

The EGIDA requires very little building. It come prewired, the linkages in the wing and fuse already completed, and the servo tray in the fuse already made and installed. All you have to do it set up your radio shim the servos slide them into the wing and screw in the set screw to complete the wings. For the fuse you need to mount the servo on the premade servo tray, install the RX and battery, and balance. The build time for an EGIDA is around 3 hours, and it is one of the easiest builds around.

Performance:

On top of the awesome handling, and amazing technology the EGIDA is one of the best performers. According to Cody R. it is the best performing model he has flown, and he has tested most F3J models. The EGIDA at 63 ounces RTF has an amazing hang rate when tested against other top F3J models in light air conditions. It also has great ability to cover distance because of the very thin airfoils and ultra clean design. Other light air models are what we call a one design model, meaning they are super light but don’t cover distance. This is a problem because you can only fly those models in light air. The EGIDA however is the opposite, it hangs as good as the other models but it still can move around the sky like the heavier models. This allows the EGIDA to be a true one plane fits all conditions. This is a significant advantage because you don’t have to be concerned about switching models between rounds.

Results:

During testing we knew the EGIDA was special. The handling was excellent, the sink rate was excellent, the launch was fast and high, the ability to cover sky was excellent, and the L/D was amazing. The model has beaten every top F3J model in death match testing. When Cody took it to the Nationals it was like a deadly weapon. It did very high and fast short tows and excelled in every condition. He was able to win both F3J and Open at the 2011 nationals flying the EGIDA. The plane is a winner!

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                      After getting the run around at the cargo complex....I finally managed to retrieve my box from the hands of Dnata....

This baby will get a lot of love and slow steady pace of build....No rushing such a work of art.
                      so....you'll take....6 hrs?

Comment

OK Im going to hide from Parsifal........I may find a heli blade up my.....@#*&!@(#& running 12s....

But thanks to him for introducing me such a beauty. This was nowhere near my radar chart at all until I saw pictures and video of it. Its a unique plane.

On a serious note...the electric version is a little more involved with the fuselage build. So Im going to take my time to maiden this maybe in 1 or 2 months time. I still dont have all the electronics yet as I dont know what to put in it. Shall leave that for later.

Maybe a redliner....its been proven.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
                          so....you'll take....6 hrs?
                          Nahh ! ...Joe Yap will take 6 hrs.

Hawkeye flies hotliners ! ...he'll probably be done in 2 hrs
                          Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

HA HA

Er....... the length of build is proportional to the leadtime of components......

Im missing..

Servos....got to order...Will venture into HV servos....NO BECs.
                            Motor....got to order once I decide what power plant to put in to balance the plane right without extra weights.
                            Prop and Spinner....once I decide what motor....

Other contraints put on the setup......700-900 watts tops.

Comment

More photos

1. The tail servo assembly frame sits under the wing with an excess hatch on top of the fuse. Screws from the bottom hold the frame in place.

2. The wing servo cables are all preinstalled. Not cutting and wiring to be done..all done for you at the right length.

3. Here is the flap servo pocket. You basically insert the servo and line up the spindle to the bushing...than tighten down on the set screw in the bushing to secure the servo. No glueing of servo needed. You can see the black carbon linkage to the left of the bushing.

4. Here is the aileron servo compartment. It has a torque rod all the way to the aileron section.

Comment

Working...
                              X