Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Places to fly gliders and people to fly with

Hi everyone,
    I'm looking for a place to fly or a group to fly with to better my flying skills for glider. Any suggestions?

As long as the flying place is easilly accesible by mrt or bus ... . I may join in too . My phoenix 2000 only flown once til now . No chance to fly with someone experienced cos i'm working shift . Everytime they flying , i would be working sigh .

Comment

Ahh i see.. Oh man.. I also work shift.. Where do yo normally fly? i hear the OHR field has quite a few flyers?

Comment

Lol i maiden it at pioneer rd there . Fly once only , but i practise my heli in the cc near my house . Do you mean the field near queenstown ? I saw the field via google maps and saw a couple of trees in the area . Until now i haven go there to see yet . My phoneix2000 is 2m wingspan and i still very noob , so wherever there's trees i don't dare to fly it there .

Comment

I lost one glider to the tree

Comment

If you are new to this hobby, please consider joining a club and stay away from built up areas / public parks etc.

Comment

Old Holland Road is a great place to fly gliders. The field is really large and there's a great bunch of guys that fly there. Can take a bus to Bukit Timah road, get off at the Tessarina (condo) and walk up the hill to the field.

-David-

Comment

Originally posted by javachip89 View Post
                Ahh i see.. Oh man.. I also work shift.. Where do yo normally fly? i hear the OHR field has quite a few flyers?
                Have you done any practice? What's your success rate? E.g. crashes per flight?
                "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Hi sunstorm,
                  I'm really still a newbie when it comes to gliders.. I have done a few successful flights. Lost a glider to a really tall tree.. misjudged the height and there went my 1.6m glider.. Was looking for someone to guide me in terms of glider flying..

Comment

Originally posted by Deedubya View Post
                    Old Holland Road is a great place to fly gliders. The field is really large and there's a great bunch of guys that fly there. Can take a bus to Bukit Timah road, get off at the Tessarina (condo) and walk up the hill to the field.

-David-
                    Hi david,
                    I've actually been to the field before, really huge field.. But didn't see any guys flying.. Saw a few heli flyers before but not really my cup of tea.. Hmm gna be a real challenge bringing the glider to the field! Planning to get the phoenix 2000

Comment

Yeah dude , get it and there will be another phoenix2000 owner hehe , the plane is great and have lots of good reviews . Only problem is getting it ard sg due to its 2m wingspan . Even if its in the box , it still quite big . They ask me to fix the tail perm but i scare one day the tail may break while in transport due to my clumsiness . Hmmm maybe one day we go fly there dude .

Just recce the old Tang dynasty location just now , very big field with only a big tree on its left side . But its fenced up with a danger sign .... but somehow saw a pretty big hole in the fence somewhere (secret location ) hehe . Really tempted to go fly there .

Comment

Working...
                      X