Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passer-X electric glider

Well, I waited and waited for the end-of-year blast for some slope soaring, and am still waiting. On the few occasions that I was in BR over the past weeks, the wind was either weak, blowing in the wrong direction, or not sustained.

When I got an email on 50% offers, I jumped right in. With the splitting of shipping cost with other orders, I think this is one of the better "value for money" kind of electric glider.
    The gliders arrived within 8 days after I made the order on-line. I took a few nights to assemble the servos and other electronics.

The Passer-X is a 1.8m electric glider, that we can fly anytime, except when it rains, of course. I did not start a build thread on this as the build was very easy. The only modifications I made was an additional servo for the V-tail. I include this so that I have Rudder controls.
    I also modified the V-tail to be removable, for easy storage and transport. The V-tail is secured with a M3 screw on a wedge that I made from balsa and ply.

Ready to maiden this weekend, weather permitting.

MS

Nice looking plane.
    You're not the only one waiting for BR to get going...

-David-

Comment

Originally posted by msc View Post

The Passer-X is a 1.8m electric glider, that we can fly anytime, except when it rains, of course. I did not start a build thread on this as the build was very easy. The only modifications I made was an additional servo for the V-tail. I include this so that I have Rudder controls.
      I also modified the V-tail to be removable, for easy storage and transport. The V-tail is secured with a M3 screw on a wedge that I made from balsa and ply.

Ready to maiden this weekend, weather permitting.

MS
      Lookin' good, MSC. like an ehawk on steriods.
      "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Wanting an easy Electric glider, I almost got the e-hawk 1500 couple of weeks ago at Rotor. But they do not have the color I wanted.

Yes, this is very similar to e-hawk, except that it is 1.8m and cheaper!

Comment

Good looking glider..

Went in and check, and the 50% offer has already ended.
          Is really value for money.

Comment

Passer-X in carbon D box wing?

Hi MSC, long time! Merry Xmas! from your photos, the Passser X looks like it has a carbon D-Box wing, is that right?? Too good to be true!
            sigpic
            ... Why does everything I think I need always come with batteries?
            John Mayer

Comment

Marry Xmas!
              Ya... too good to be true.
              Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Wah lao, I hope it to be true......carbon LE glider for less than S$100.
                Anyway, I maiden it yesterday. This is really a light weight, stable glider.
                Hand launched by Yi Ming, without any surprises, I needed a few clicks up to keep the nose up.
                I think I made a mistake of selecting green color, as the visibility was very bad. Partly due to the mid-morning sun causing a silhouette on the model. On approach, when the glider was lower than the tree level in the background, I lost sight of the glider and had to pop it up with some power just to see if it is still flying.
                Need to brighten the wings some what.

Landing was predictable, as it was a floater. I had 2 flights before I gave up on trying to spot the glider in the air.

A few folks in the field mistaken the Passer as an E-hawk......

MS

Comment

Working...
                X