Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slope recce

Went to do some site recce , thanks Mr. T. This place looks like potential to do some sloping.

Faces the East north-east direction, probably best time is when the winds start changing Betw March-May.

Slightly steeper slope then BR , stretching over 200m and a clean ridge making a good compression zone, nice flat landing area at the bottom, wind gets channelled in by the trees on the 2 sides. DSing may be possible when wind is blowing from south west.

will try it out when there is a chance to.

www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers
    www.facebook.com/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League

Been to this place before.But don know whether PUB allow to fly there.As on Saturday and Sunday got quite a lot of people either jogging and picnic there.
    Heli

Align Trex 600N (Nitro ) Full Bling Gyro GY611. Governor
    TJ Rev Max
    Mini Titan SE
    DJI Phantom Quad

Glider EP

TT Soaring Star (2M) Glider
    Reichard Baracuda (3M) Glider
    Mulitplex Easy Glider 4

Car
    Kyosho 1/10 pitwork nitro car
    Baja 5B SS 26cc gas engine with tune pipe

Nitro Plane

Sportman Aviation 50

Gas Plane Hokusei 300L 30cc Gas Plane
    Goldwing Edge 540 50cc Gas Plane
    Blackhorse Splitfire 120 size with DLE 20cc gas engine.
    Sebart sukoi 30cc gas plane
    Hokusai 30cc gas plane

Kyosho 40 size Splitfire Os 56size 4 stroke plane.
    Hyperion Telios 90 Electric plane.
    JR9XII 72.XXX MHZ
    JR XG 14 DMSS
    Futaba 14 MZ sigpic

Comment

Nice place. Thanks Pang!
      "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

I took a drive to see the place. Very steep slope the drains look menacing. Climb up the steep slope die...

Comment

It will be good exercise. Nothing tones your / my calves and leg muscles better than a few sprints up and down the slope.
          "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

slope flyable

Slope is flyable!

Wind was blowing and looked correct direction for this slope, few of us went down to try out. It was calm when i reached, and slowly it started to picked up. Kah man was happily flying his bug, and i tried with my bee. not bad stayed up for awhile.

It started to be consistent towards the evening, although still very light wind, decided to take out the ginger to try as its a proven floater. Give it a hard toss and up it went, fanatastic , it stayed up.

Lift band here is pretty small area, just at the ridge of the slope and i found in the middle the best, at the sides there's some sink areas. Landing was slightly tricky due to the drains. first landing could not judge the perception of the slope and went far down. Grass here is very slippery, the ginger slided down n went into the drain. duh. lucky just some scratches.

All in all, good trip down, and not bad to be able to slope in May. Light wing loading gliders shld be fine here.

Looking forward to go back in July to try out some DSing.

www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers
            www.facebook.com/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League

Comment

the last part of the slope is steep man

Comment

wow nice!

Time to practice hand catch!

Multiplex Parkmaster 3D
                Tarot 450SE V2

Comment

Thanks to Pang who introduced the "new" slope! Along the way into the reservoir, there was the long and winding road along upper Thomson road. I was surprised to see many cars parked along the sides.....guess what, the people in the cars were waiting for the monkeys to come out of the bushes to feed them!!
                  Even in the reservoir carpark, the monkeys were fearless and often sat onto of the cars waiting to be fed
                  Hopefully people will realize that feeding the monkeys are not kind deeds, or form of entertainment.

Well, the long trip to the reservoir is well worth the trip. The Bug performed well in the light wind condition. However, the glider need to keep close to the top of the slope, preferable along the ridge. The lamp post is a hinderence along the flight path. It would be dangerous to behind the slope as the reservoir is there.
                  I had a few flights of more than 10mins each, wonderful

Comment

Not a bad slope, for both 'electric assisted slope gliding' and emergency recoveries and light loaded gliders.

Hope to return there during the weekdays to try out further.

By the way..... if you wish to go there, please

don't feed the monkeys.

Next time if I go there when my cctv is installed, I'll be happily doing my part as a responsible citizen by handing over video footage of the monkey feeders to AVA / Nparks

Regards ,SS

quite a few pilots there today, mostly BR regulars wanting any kind of slope fix

Comment

Flying wings or any other planes able to take a hard landing, can fly there.

Comment

Originally posted by msc View Post
                        Thanks to Pang who introduced the "new" slope! Along the way into the reservoir, there was the long and winding road along upper Thomson road. I was surprised to see many cars parked along the sides.....guess what, the people in the cars were waiting for the monkeys to come out of the bushes to feed them!!
                        Even in the reservoir carpark, the monkeys were fearless and often sat onto of the cars waiting to be fed
                        Hopefully people will realize that feeding the monkeys are not kind deeds, or form of entertainment.

Well, the long trip to the reservoir is well worth the trip. The Bug performed well in the light wind condition. However, the glider need to keep close to the top of the slope, preferable along the ridge. The lamp post is a hinderence along the flight path. It would be dangerous to behind the slope as the reservoir is there.
                        I had a few flights of more than 10mins each, wonderful

Kah Marn, I suspect the Bug is experiencing bubble seperation problem with that airfoil. I suggest you install some kind of turbulators on the wing top surface at about 5% from the LE. That could help enhancing it's low speed handling.

Unfortunately, I do not have any more Bugs to try it out. I install them on my Adriana electric glider. Previously, it produces wonderful howling noise whenever I do speed dives with it. After installing the turbulators, the low speed handling is improved and it is completely silent when I do speed dives.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
                          Not a bad slope, for both 'electric assisted slope gliding' and emergency recoveries and light loaded gliders.

Hope to return there during the weekdays to try out further.

By the way..... if you wish to go there, please

don't feed the monkeys.

Next time if I go there when my cctv is installed, I'll be happily doing my part as a responsible citizen by handing over video footage of the monkey feeders to AVA / Nparks

Regards ,SS

quite a few pilots there today, mostly BR regulars wanting any kind of slope fix

I'm not too keen of introducing electric assisted slope soaring though. Although this is a different place, it is the same authorities and the same group of flyers involved here, not to mention same kind of environment. Since there is a word of trust given, should we honour it be not having double standards?

For once off, we may get away with it, but when the critical mass starts appearing, things may get complicated.

Back to the main topic, I got to see this place for my self sometime later. From this post, it looks like a good place to fly old school floaters like Gentle lady.

Comment

Noted, Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post

Regards ,SS

There are CCTV installed there by the authorities already. Look carefully when u are there and smile to the camera.

I will pass by upper thomson everyday. And some times when I wana do some relaxing drive with bends, I turn in there. Driving there at night is even better, can see cars parked along the grass and catching some other kind of "monkey".

Another nice reservoir with slope like that is Upper Selatar, the one with the rocket shaped viewing towers. I go to these reservoirs looking for boating spots while u guys there for sloping spots.

Comment

Working...
                              X