Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DLG References

Hey Ho!

Ok I'm starting this thread to just share with you guys some resources I've found helpful in my DLG journey. I'm still new to this so there's really not much yet but I'll add on more stuff along the way. Please feel free to share other resources that you have too.

• Receiver Wiring in planes for FM folks:
    http://www.bayrc.com/boards/viewtopi...er=asc&start=0

• Discussion on lateral balance for DLGs:
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ateral+balance

• Launch Blade Plans:
    http://www.bayrc.com/boards/viewtopi...a+launch+blade

• Pull/Spring Setup:
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1021665

• PoleCat Aero Handlaunch University (Site which actually got me really interested in DLG):
    http://www.polecataero.com/handlaunchu

That's it for now. If I find anything else interesting concerning DLGs I'll just update here.

Happy landings,
    Adnan
    Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
    ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
    Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Good info, keep it coming !

For me its the PoleCat site started my interest in DLG, later the build thread of the B900 in RCG hit a home run.
    Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

How to remove dents from foam core wings (I've tried this method myself with great success):

Cheers,
      Adnan
      ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts

sigpic

Comment

FAI F3 Soaring rules:

Cheers,
        Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Working with Bondable Teflon Tubing (as lightweight pushrod housing):
          1. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1034100

Cheers,
          Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Some launching video
            High speed Launch video
            Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

This is a beautifully produced vid of a DLG competition.

Enjoy

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Cheers,
              Adnan

sigpic

Comment

A Preview of Radio carbon Art's F3K Masterclass DVD. This one DVD has lots of tips all compacted into one reference point. This DVD "hosted" by Bruce Davidson himself makes it a more interesting watch.

http://radiocarbonart.com/ A short preview from our Handlaunch Master Class 1 training video for r/c soaring pilots. In the preview, champ and instructor Br...

Cheers,
                Adnan

sigpic

Comment

*Controversial Subject (with reference to DLG only)*

The rudder/rudderless debate rages on RCG. This time it started with someone's seemingly innocent enquiry on weather to go rudder-less for his next DLG build.

My next project will be a low-wing, rudderless Predator 2 DLG. I am a bit worried now about controls for this project. But I'll keep it rudderless for some time while I fly my ruddered P2. So I can compare the "feel".

As it is there were many raised eyebrows when the low winged P2 claimed to have higher throws.

My take on high-wing vs low-wing/rudder vs rudderless: I think both of them have a place in DLG. Live and let live.

Cheers,
                  Adnan

sigpic

Comment

OK, this is not specifically about DLG. It's a podcast about composites, engineering and there was mention also about the low wing Predator 2.

Great insight.

Cheers,
                    Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Time to up this old thread with some "gerek" DLG flying.

These guys are flying the Blaster hollow moulded DLGs. Schweet stuff.

Go to the site itself for better quality.

Cheers,
                      Adnan

F3K glider aerobatics from Donatas Pauzuolis on Vimeo.

sigpic

Comment

OK, time to dig out this old thread.

To help with your DLG practice (eg, getting the timing, etc), you can download apps on either your iphone or android phones.

For android: F3k Timer (Free)
                        For iphone: RC-Timer Lite (Free), RC-Timer Pro (paid)

These apps generally feature the different F3k tasks and Working times. Very easy to use. All you need is a buddy to call and time for you. Most of the tasks have 10 min windows so its not a long wait if you're taking turns.

Cheers,
                        Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Sticky this be!!
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Here's a very useful thread for every DLG flyer, first time or otherwise.

This thread goes through the initial programming of a DLG. Very thorough yet simple to understand.

Discussion Initial programming of a DLG DLG Hand Launch Gliders & F3K

Cheers,
                            Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that's a good one. Thanks!!!

-David-

Comment

Working...
                              X