Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dlg Dl50

Just received my DL50 from mountain models. Wow, took almost a month to arrive, maybe due to the festive season.

Came in a box with alot of foam inside to protect the plane. The airfoil of the wings is really super thin, i think drag would be minimum. Its a kit and come with almost all the things need to complete the plane except for eproxy, miniwax and basic plane building stuff.

Construction is pretty fast, i have completed the wings and fuse in just one afternoon. Just left the tail feathers and glassing the whole plane. Expecting launch height of above 100''.

Who else in SG flies DLG ?? I think muah would be getting a competition class DLG soon.

Btw, i heard ThatHobbyShop might be bringing in this glider if you guys are interested.

Will post some pics soon...

hi yeow hwee. i fly gliders at bedok for almost 4 yrs. ranging from small ones to my present 2.6m manta. I do have a DLg which was custom made by a friend. howevr, the wing brok on laucnh and i really want another DLG fast. how much did you pay for yours? yours is the glaeed wing version rite? really want one . hmm, wonder THS will sell it cheaper?

Thanx for the info.
    weiyao
    SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

sorry for the poor spelling. Very tired so i am not sure wad i am doing!

Comment

haha, what is glaeed wing ?? u mean glassed right ?? yup, its a foam wing and fiberglass cloth is provided.

I paid like around $150+. The kit is US$70 + shipping. I chose air parcel which is much cheaper but took a longer time.

Comment

Thanks! sorry for the spelling. Very tired getting ready for sch. Anyway, i am really interested in the DL50. really want one. You mentioned that THS would be bringing in some? if so, that would be great! Are you able to PM me some pics?

Comment

sorry, cant connect my cam to comp now. you can go the the handlaunch section of Rcgroups.com they have lots of DL50 pic.

hope to complete my plane in few weeks time cuz i can only work on it during the weekends..

edited :
            oh ya, i remembered this... check on the video at the bottom too... really cool

Last edited by yeow_hwee; 02-01-2005, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Is there anybody heard this plane

This is my supergear, not expensive as the one from USA or Europe, but same performance and quality.

Comment

Hi Cyberplane, what is the price of the supergear, do you have more details ?

Comment

wah Lim, u also interested ah? me too man!

Comment

mmmmm......supergear is 'home-made' right? so cannot be bought for any price....aka priceless!!! =)

hey cyberplane......have you seen the Blaster before? is it available in HK?

thanks!!

Comment

I heard about the Blaster, it is one of the top DLG, but I think it is too expensive to the pilots, so do the fireworks, XP-4 and Taboo XT, they are also the top DLG models with Dr Mark Drela's AG airfoil. The problem is two months ago I have some friends try to order one of them for a DLG contest, but none of them available or even not reply, so they push me and my brother to make something like them, then we decided to use also AG airfoil to fabricate one, Supergear is our own design fuselage with Dr Drela airfoil, we are now have the mould for the fuselage, hotwire cutter and vacuumn system, then we can fabricate as many as we can.

Comment

Originally posted by 969
                        Hi Cyberplane, what is the price of the supergear, do you have more details ?
                        It is actually same dimension as SupergeeII, weight around 300g depends on what equipment you put into, if you choose the right equipments, can be below 300g too.

Comment

Originally posted by yeow_hwee
                          sorry, cant connect my cam to comp now. you can go the the handlaunch section of Rcgroups.com they have lots of DL50 pic.

hope to complete my plane in few weeks time cuz i can only work on it during the weekends..

edited :
                          oh ya, i remembered this... check on the video at the bottom too... really cool

http://www.rcgroups.com/links/index.php?id=4542
                          Hi Yeow_hwee,
                          I read your message from the other topic in the forum that you can launch the Swing and fly for ~30s, please take a look on this, sure will makes you feel exciting and I think you can do the same if you get a real DLG.

Patrick

Comment

Maybe it's about time for me to market Cyberplane's plane abit

I have had his SuperGear DLG for some time now, I just have not have the time to build it. Quite an injustice, cos it's very well made. Full Carbon fuse, carbon reinforced glassed pink foam wings and glassed tail feathers. I am comparing to the american HLG kit stds eg. DJ Monarch etc.

It came in a nice strong cardboard box, with the basic equipment needed to complete the building. For comparision of building ease, one can simply d/l the instructions for the Taboo XT. very similar.

At around 300grams, it's really very close in weight to the well branded competition birds. The flying behaviour is already shown in the vid by cyber.

At his price, frankly it's a good deal. Muah, you will be surprised.

Comment

mmmm......can you PM me the price and surprise me?? =)

Comment

Working...
                              X