Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help On Glider

Hi guys i just bought a 200 dollars Cermark glider that operates only on elevator and rudder. I had my first flight but the wind blew it over and crashed. Wat should i do to make my glider more stable in strong winds. Thnx in advance

Hello! have i senn you at the slope before? i am a regular there. I am the boy flying the white manta 2.6m. About your problem, you should always allow a regular at the slope to test fly the plane for you, the condition of flying at the slope is different from flying off a field. If you are flying off a slope, pls do the following:

1)Ask for assistance from regulars.
    2)if the wind is strong, walk down the slope a bit, where the wind is calmer.
    3)Noticed that the dragonfly is powered, try not to use it if the wind is HOWLING. there is no point.
    4)give it abit of down trim. this will decrease the chance of the plane performing a flip on launching.

these are the basic few, many more to come, pls Pm me if you need more help ok!
    SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

Hi,

I am still building my Jazz Ext, hope I could fly  it this weekend, would you be able to do a test fl ight for me please?
      JCho

Comment

You referring to me? of course i will if i am there. But the wind and weathere does not allow that. Due to the tsunami, the wind is severely to the north west, impossible for flight. And it has been raining. But if the weathere is good, i will be there. You can also approach othere flyers there for help. cheers!

Happy new year!
        SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

Viper leader,
          Have you resolved your glider problem ? Did it flip backward immediately after you launched ? 2 points you may want to check :

1) Double check your elevator position (of course you know this already).
          2) Is your CG correct ?

It is good to have a little nose heavy (forward CG) for maiden flight. Throw it straight or slight downward, don't throw it upward. It is never good to maiden it when the wind is too strong, especially if one has never flown a glider before.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcho
            Hi,

I am still building my Jazz Ext, hope I could fly  it this weekend, would you be able to do a test fl ight for me please?
            bro whats wrong with your keyboard?

Comment

Working...
            X