Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifications i made:

1: Fixed in the rudder..., snice..well, everybody proves that rudder is a better choice for gliders..

2: Shifting the alierons near the wing tip to get the roll as sensitive as possible. (hopefully)

3:Now both alierons moves simultaneously under one servo using string to pull alierons (will post pic and show)

4:Bought LED from simlim yesterday..., 2 green 5red 2 white , 1 varible resistor. Snice the throttle servo isn't in use on the glider, i've actually created a lighting circuit on the plane.
    red and green on the wingtips and white at the front.
    Throttle on the Tx can control the brightness of the led and off at will(cool huh?)
    Those wanna try out note that RED led actually uses less current and voltage then the green and whites. Therefore get a resistor for the red led only..if not the red will shine brightly while green and white remains dim.

Mistakes during the process:
    Erm, i fried the wires till rubber melts and smoke cause i short circuited the battries accidentally.., secondly i short circuited the led and cause the led to blow and ESC to heat up really hot. But after a while, the ESC seems to work fine...,but i bet my lipo has deteriorate. clumsy me.

Overall i think the lighting on the plane makes it look really cool ..., at night! in broadday light you won't see a thing.
    Build it
    Fly it
    Crash it
    Fix it

Comment

Btw joeyap, this is nothing related to my glider..just asking, do you remember you gave an A-10 glider to someone? by the name of ...ling zhou. Now he is my SP aviation clubmate... haha.
      Build it
      Fly it
      Crash it
      Fix it

Comment

Originally posted by viper1990
        Btw joeyap, this is nothing related to my glider..just asking, do you remember you gave an A-10 glider to someone? by the name of ...ling zhou. Now he is my SP aviation clubmate... haha.
        Oh yes! I remember him. He used to stay at Chai Chee. How is he doing? Still flying R/C models?

Comment

Ya he is still flying R/C planes ..haha, he is very interested in scratch building planes.. just like me. show i showed him your B777 autocad and he went to buy materials to build it.

I'm asking him to join daddy hobby asap Do you want his contact ..i think he's trying to find you!
          Build it
          Fly it
          Crash it
          Fix it

Comment

Alright, i shearch over the net for a simple yet fun and very close to physics glider simulator. From over 30+ glider planes and 10+ para glider to choose from.
            you guys might want to try it out,i hosted it on a website.

Once you open the file, find the application 'SSS' and click and run, a command prompt will come out, don't worry it'll be in english so just follow the instructions. There are racing mode..and free fly.

Bots glider can be added too... 'computer controlled planes'

You can customise the wind direction, gravity, speed, turbulance..etc

oh, and you can fire missles using the left button,

Alright,heres the website http://www.zshare.net/download/2174240b128eb9/

Build it
            Fly it
            Crash it
            Fix it

Comment

Yeah! madien my plane today. 7 sucessful flights until the elevator servo broke off from the fuselarge due to bad landing.

Yep..rudder actually is more useful then alieron on a glider.., The alieron only made slight tilt to right and left. while the rudder could turn the glider sharply. Each flight lasting average 15seconds on a non-windy day.

My meathod of launching is using a runner and pull the plane to a desirable attitude then the string detaches.
              Build it
              Fly it
              Crash it
              Fix it

Comment

Good for you! Now that you have taken a sucessful first step on desiging and building a glider, you should refine your design to make it an even better aircraft.

I can aerotow it up for you if you dare.

Comment

Originally posted by viper1990
                  Alright, i shearch over the net for a simple yet fun and very close to physics glider simulator. From over 30+ glider planes and 10+ para glider to choose from.
                  you guys might want to try it out,i hosted it on a website.

Once you open the file, find the application 'SSS' and click and run, a command prompt will come out, don't worry it'll be in english so just follow the instructions. There are racing mode..and free fly.

Bots glider can be added too... 'computer controlled planes'

You can customise the wind direction, gravity, speed, turbulance..etc

oh, and you can fire missles using the left button,

Alright,heres the website http://www.zshare.net/download/2174240b128eb9/
                  You are from sp aviation club? I also joined sp aviation club but havent go for any of the cca yet...

Comment

Haha,sure joeyap! That is if we meet up Probably by then i'll have a better scratch-built plane. I always got bored after one plane..and build another..and so on and on.. I'm deciding to build the U-2 spyplane next! Still..will be using my favourite cheap material..foam!

And ya..hao wee i'm from Sp aviation.. um, now we're building 2 planes, combo 25 and slowsticks, you could help out the combo 25 as the slowsticks are like..done within hours. Combo25 probably will take like 10-15man hours to get it done, haha.
                    Build it
                    Fly it
                    Crash it
                    Fix it

Comment

Working...
                    X