Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glider setup..

i have this very old glider in my store and its runs on 1 channel (left - right rudder)

now i want to mod it so that it could fly better. how should i get started? does a glider need aileron, elevator? and btw, how many channels does a glider need?
    thanks!

it should go OK with rudder and elevator. dun bother with ailerons, it only going to cause problems.

Comment

looks like should not be a big problem to mod it for std micro servos and even add in speed control for the motor. The main thing you have to consider is the overall weight of the new equipment against the original setup. Try to stay within the same rang, and do consider using lipo cell to improve performance by reducing weight.

Need help ? I am always there for it like to mod everything to RC

Comment

plasma: go ahead with the conversion and bring it down to the field. we could use more gliders.

loyn, when are you going to get something that floats gracefully with the air currents called a glider?

If u're free maybe you would like to build an AZ-Shrike from rcgroups. flys well on S400 with 2s lipo setup. i'm hoping to get mine up for this weekend's funfly.

Comment

AZ Shrike ...... is it a glider or power glider like the one you flew last week ? Any link for information, thanks !

Yup looking into building one but should be a power glider ...... lazzzzzy BTW do have a super old unassemble power glider sitting in my store ..... will try to fix it up and try to fly it ...... hope it can fly ...... as it is almost 15 yrs old ...... still in box ..... ho no the box already turn yellow and broke in pcs Will post a few photos of it just for fun

Comment

AZ Shrike is a fff sports pylon plane. at least that's what they guys at rcgroups says. i built mine out of local 5mm depron and with a S400 and 2s, it gave pretty good performance. Nowhere near the kinda pylon plane they describe it to be, but at least i'm happy with the axial rolls and smoooooth flights. speed is around that of my RIP saffron. maybe it'll scoot along better if i try 3s? It flew so smooth that i decided it's a plane worth doing properly, i tore the wing apart and glassed it. Only till now do i start to make a fuse and rebuild it.
            At this point of time i'm still waiting for the glue to dry before i can give it a light coat of paint. But for me, it's time to go to bed so it'll have to wait.

If u want to get a nice glider to start off with, can consider the ehawk 1400. good value for the price(~$120) and flight performance as you saw was very good. ARF will cut down a lot of time so hopefully it'll be up soon.

Anyway just post a pic of the kit that you have hiding in your store. who knows it might be a well known nostalgia model.

Comment

whoever wants to try their hand at gliding can have my e-hawk for SGD$65....................it got a little bang up nose...but you can't see it in the air.....why i want to let it go is that i feel that it doesn't flies right.....well you can have it and try it for yourself...

if interested, i will bring it to yishun this weekend, and will part with it for your hard-earned dough.... =)

muah aka sam

Comment

sorry guys.....the price is SGD57.00........... =P

Comment

do you guys put a throttle in your glider?

Comment

Yes, our gldiers are with motor and esc. I would like to fly pure gliders but with my order of the hi-start from ntc taking more than 2 months now, i can only look at electric power to bring the glider up. are you thinking of getting into gliders as well?

Comment

muah: u selling your ehawk to get the ribs ah? how about the fuse? what do you guys have in mind to get it together?

Comment

Originally posted by ammo
                        Yes, our gldiers are with motor and esc. I would like to fly pure gliders but with my order of the hi-start from ntc taking more than 2 months now, i can only look at electric power to bring the glider up. are you thinking of getting into gliders as well?
                        i am thinking of getting it into the air. currently it uses a one channel rx and a nicad 4.8V. can i mount my 2s lipo in it? will it cause all the electronics to burn out?

Comment

8.4V is a lot from 4.8, so i think you will definitely burn out the stuff without question.
                          you should get a proper glider so as not to spoil the first experience of ur first glider flying. firstly, airfoils are very sensitive to gliders and i think the foam wing on the plane now is nowhere close to being appropriate for gliding well. with the amount of work and time u have to put into it, u'll enjoy a simple arf glider more. do check out muah's offer on the ehawk.

Comment

Working...
                          X