Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with SSK TT

Hi..Need some help with SSK TT.I am experiencing some tuning problm/It seems the tuning were find in the begiining.I have adjusted the idle and high speed setting previously.But today when i adjust, the truck refuse to stay even when the engine is idling .It moves forward even though i had tried different settinngs. Any help? I am suspecting the clutch slippage ..something may be wrong.

I have taken apart the clutch bell set..refer the circle part(in pict).It is kinda worn off.The rest of the set are intact and no sign of damaged.Whats the function of the thing,looks like a bearing to me...

Comment

Originally posted by ofna
      I have taken apart the clutch bell set..refer the circle part(in pict).It is kinda worn off.The rest of the set are intact and no sign of damaged.Whats the function of the thing,looks like a bearing to me...

You're right, it's the clutchbell's bearing. If it's worn, it needs to be replaced.
      For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

"........probably the bearing has worn out.
        as a result, once the flywheel turns, the clutch bell will also turn...resulting
        in the car moving forward at idle......"

SOmeone told me this...isit true?If it is i confrim go get the replacement set.cos no other worn parts leh...

Comment

If you have removed the clutch assembly, examined the parts yourself and has discovered that only the bearing is worn, it will quite obvious it needs to be replaced.
          For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

"........probably the bearing has worn out.
            as a result, once the flywheel turns, the clutch bell will also turn...resulting
            in the car moving forward at idle......"

SOmeone told me this...isit true?If it is i confrim go get the replacement set.cos no other worn parts leh...
            Check your clutch shoes. The spring may have worn out.

Comment

Originally posted by Orangie
              Check your clutch shoes. The spring may have worn out.
              the spring around the shoes are intact.thanks.

Comment

solved the problem.increase the brake linkage when the truck idling so it doesnt move.Change the clutch bearing also.Now it rocks....ehheh.....

Comment

solved the problem.increase the brake linkage when the truck idling so it doesnt move.Change the clutch bearing also.Now it rocks....ehheh.....
                  So you mean you're applying brakes at idling in order to make the MT stop?

Comment

brake

There was no other faulty parts except the clutch bearing.After I change the bearing it still seems to surge forward when idling.So i just adjusted the brake linkage abit more so that when the MT is at idle, the brake is lock on...Is this wrong??

Comment

There was no other faulty parts except the clutch bearing.After I change the bearing it still seems to surge forward when idling.So i just adjusted the brake linkage abit more so that when the MT is at idle, the brake is lock on...Is this wrong??
                      The car will not glide along once you release your throttle. Try reducing your idle.

Seems like your tuning is out with the high too lean and low end wide open to compensate the lean high end. I maybe wrong.

At idle, the car should stay still or begin to creep forward very slowly. ie Clutch just about to enage.

Comment

Originally posted by Orangie
                        The car will not glide along once you release your throttle. Try reducing your idle.

Seems like your tuning is out with the high too lean and low end wide open to compensate the lean high end. I maybe wrong.

At idle, the car should stay still or begin to creep forward very slowly. ie Clutch just about to enage.
                        Hi Hi...the truck i have reset to factory settings and start over tuning again.somehow with the lingkage adjusted this way it seems to be much better.Idling speed is not that high also.

Comment

Like Orangie said, your idle might be a bit too high. If idling is too high, the clutch will be engaged and move your MT. You are trying to compensate this by applying brakes.

So what you have is your clutch trying to constantly engage. It can overheat in time.

Your setup will cause the brakes to engage everytime you release throttle, leading to loss of speed and worse, overheating of the brakes.

Comment

Hmm...perhaps i shld check again..Thanks.Kp u guys infd.

Comment

Working...
                            X