Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's mine!

Haha! I got it! From ******! Damn, it took only 2+ days to get here from HK.

Will start building next week. Hope I don't screw it up like I did the RC18T.
    I can haz diving?

Originally posted by nightbreed
    Haha! I got it! From ******! Damn, it took only 2+ days to get here from HK.

Will start building next week. Hope I don't screw it up like I did the RC18T.
    Nice! Does it come with motor and body?
    For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Armour
      Nice! Does it come with motor and body?
      Yes, the stock motor is pretty darn fast with a 12T pinion. Has clear body. Also comes with batt, servo, ESC and a Phillips-head Hudy screwdriver (plastic handle, Profitools range). But that's the version with Power Pack...USD195 at ******.

But since I have a Mamba 6800, it was a waste of $. The version w/o the e'tronics is abt USD125.

Just finished building it 2 hours ago. Important lesson: When tired and sleepy, DON'T BUILD!!

Now my Half8 and RC18T even less attractive.
      I can haz diving?

Comment

Oh, here're some crap photos of it.
        I can haz diving?

Comment

Ah, crap. Forgot to flip pix.
          I can haz diving?

Comment

Next Target(s)

This one!

Or maybe this one!

I can haz diving?

Comment

Yes, the stock motor is pretty darn fast with a 12T pinion. Has clear body. Also comes with batt, servo, ESC and a Phillips-head Hudy screwdriver (plastic handle, Profitools range). But that's the version with Power Pack...USD195 at ******.
              USD$190 is pretty steep for a 1/18.
              For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

...er...yes. It is. I placed the order at abt 2am Tuesday morning. So, wasn;t really thinking. I saw the pix and went "WOW!" That's the prob with XRay. Very slick presentation coupled with good stuff...

(their 1/8 buggy, XB8R = SGD$1100 or something!!!)

And I got the M18T on Thursday afternoon...Is that fast or what?!
                I can haz diving?

Comment

...er...yes. It is. I placed the order at abt 2am Tuesday morning. So, wasn;t really thinking. I saw the pix and went "WOW!" That's the prob with XRay. Very slick presentation coupled with good stuff...

(their 1/8 buggy, XB8R = SGD$1100 or something!!!)

And I got the M18T on Thursday afternoon...Is that fast or what?!
                  But X-Ray is a 'premium' brand, so you pay more for quality.

Comment

Guess what I ended up with?

A Hyper 7 Pro!!!

The trouble with H7 is that one Pro kit is different from another Pro kit...in that the parts are not the same in different countries...confusing.

I'm not complaining, just making observations: Mine does not have the machined aluminum F/R chassis brace. Instead, it looks like a dogbone. Hmm...wonder if i shld keep it or go for the machined aluminum ones. My wheels are different, too. It's knobbly, insted of "=". Donno. That's what the CML site has...

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/hob_hyp7p.htm (I think the knobbly tyres look better :P)

Also, how come differential oil can come in two different numbers, eg, 3000 or 30? DO they mean the same thing? IE, 10=1000, 30=3000, 50=5000 etc?

Thanks for reading!
                    I can haz diving?

Comment

A Hyper 7 Pro!!!

The trouble with H7 is that one Pro kit is different from another Pro kit...in that the parts are not the same in different countries...confusing.

I'm not complaining, just making observations: Mine does not have the machined aluminum F/R chassis brace. Instead, it looks like a dogbone. Hmm...wonder if i shld keep it or go for the machined aluminum ones. My wheels are different, too. It's knobbly, insted of "=". Donno. That's what the CML site has...

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/hob_hyp7p.htm (I think the knobbly tyres look better :P)

Also, how come differential oil can come in two different numbers, eg, 3000 or 30? DO they mean the same thing? IE, 10=1000, 30=3000, 50=5000 etc?

Thanks for reading!
                      Didn't they print something like 'specs can change without notice' somewhere in the manual?

The machined aluminium brace looks nice but I doubt it has any performance advantage over the ugly black turnbuckle brace.

As for tyres, Hobao has plenty to choose from and luckily they are not as ex as Kyosho or Mugen tyres. Mine came with ||= pattern.

Yah, the numbers of silicone oil can be confusing. Mugen adds one '0' to the value. Just make sure you differentiate between shock oil and the much thicker differential oil. The numbers you gave, 10, 30 and 50 are more likely to be shock oil. The corresponding Mugen silicone oil is #100, #300 and #500. According to Ben (Hobby Bug), they are not exactly the same viscosity but close enough.

American list the viscosity of their silicone in weight, while the Japs list them in #. So a 30 weight oil is similar to a #300 oil.

Just take a look at the examples in Towers . Compare those from Associated/Ofna/Trinity and Kyosho/Mugen/Tamiya.

Learnt one thing while browsing through the page. Water has the viscosity of #1, acc to Tamiya's scale.

Comment

A Hyper 7 Pro!!!
                        Looks like it has come a full circle!

Comment

Heheh. Yup. Back to where I shld have started. ANyway, I got the Mugen oil, #1000. Still short of the #5000 and #7000.

Thanks for the info!
                          I can haz diving?

Comment

Heheh. Yup. Back to where I shld have started. ANyway, I got the Mugen oil, #1000. Still short of the #5000 and #7000.

Thanks for the info!
                            Cheapest diff/shock oil is at BK.

Comment

Working...
                            X