Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice please

Meet up with one of our friends today and decided to 'buy over' his Hyper 7. I am thinking of getting the Sanwa MX3S TX. Need all of your advice on which RX & servo to get. What is the total $$$ for MX3S TX + RX + servo. I am really a 'newbie' here. Thank you all for your attention !

the mx3 is a good buget radio..
    you might need to but a better servo for the steering for the buggy.
    i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Originally posted by skylark991
      Meet up with one of our friends today and decided to 'buy over' his Hyper 7. I am thinking of getting the Sanwa MX3S TX. Need all of your advice on which RX & servo to get. What is the total $$$ for MX3S TX + RX + servo. I am really a 'newbie' here. Thank you all for your attention !
      Hmm. If you buy the MX3S, (I got mine used and as a backup Tx) it comes with a rx. So no need to buy another...unless you are like me, one rx for every car I own.

I think many people will recommend the Hitec 645MG (about $62...probably the cheapest, value for $ servo for the buggy) for steering.

Opinion is generally divided as to which one to get for the throttle...I used to have a Hitec 625MG covering that duty.

(see here: http://shop.rotor.com.sg)

I think if you don't really want to spend $, get Hitec. Or if you don't mind used equipment, then troll around for used JR/Futaba servos, which are generally more expensive and thought to be better than Hitec...me, all my stuff are Hitec (Tx, Rx, servos) and I've never had any of them fail...and I HATE maintaining/cleaning my stuff.

So...do some research, ask more questions, spend LOTS of time trying to see through your confusion ( ) and make a decision...and live with it.

(Hmm...donno if I'm wrong, but this section of the forum is a bit ...unlively...of late. A lot of activity in the flying/heli side, tho...)
      I can haz diving?

Comment

The MX3S comes with a Rx and 2 standard servoes. If on budget, can get a Hitec 645 for steering and use one of the standard servo for throttle. If got a bit more budget, get Hitec 625 for throttle.

Of course if money is not an issue, there's more expensive Hitec range, Sanwa VB/VR.....

Cheers!
        For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

For newbie, use the stock servos that comes with the mx3s. I believe it comes with 402 or something (definately not 102)

IHM, you will know when to upgrade the servos

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Orangie
            For newbie, use the stock servos that comes with the mx3s. I believe it comes with 402 or something (definately not 102)

IHM, you will know when to upgrade the servos

Good luck
            actually hor, if its just bashing.....why bother to upgrade the throttle servo huh? the only reason why i use good servo for throttle is coz i have too many good servos left after selling all my MTs and buggies. Onroad i agree better to us good ones......offroad bashing, std servos good enuff
            Go Track Repair Car...Dun Call Me
            Go Track Talk Also...Dun Call Me
            Go Track Play Car...Can Call Me :na

Comment

Originally posted by sspp
              actually hor, if its just bashing.....why bother to upgrade the throttle servo huh? the only reason why i use good servo for throttle is coz i have too many good servos left after selling all my MTs and buggies. Onroad i agree better to us good ones......offroad bashing, std servos good enuff

Nay... any servo also can do for bashing. Only need good servos for race spec I would say MT is another ball game

My 2 cts

Comment

Nay... any servo also can do for bashing. Only need good servos for race spec I would say MT is another ball game

My 2 cts
                enlighten me on why MT for bashing needs a better throttle servo then

Comment

Futaba 3PM-FS

Thanks everyone for your advise. I ask about the MX-3S form one shop today and I was introduced to the Futaba 3PM-FS instead. THe same price as MX-3S & better function I was told. Now I am getting confused. Any one care to comment on 3PM-FS. Thanks again !

Comment

enlighten me on why MT for bashing needs a better throttle servo then
                    The stock MAY not be strong enough to turn the steering.... Oh... did I said throttle??? If I did, my bad

Comment

The stock MAY not be strong enough to turn the steering.... Oh... did I said throttle??? If I did, my bad
                      read and read and read then type. remember, dun post without thinking

Comment

read and read and read then type. remember, dun post without thinking

Goalpost shifted from mx3s to servo and throttle servos

My bad Unable to keep up

Comment

Old

Goalpost shifted from mx3s to servo and throttle servos

My bad Unable to keep up
                          U old liao lah and now U fly plane liao mah

Comment

Thanks everyone for your advise. I ask about the MX-3S form one shop today and I was introduced to the Futaba 3PM-FS instead. THe same price as MX-3S & better function I was told. Now I am getting confused. Any one care to comment on 3PM-FS. Thanks again !

Never tried 3PM-FS, but as wat I know MX-3S is very good for beginner. You can use it when U upgrade yourself in future.
                            As for servos, get a better one loh. U always can use back the servos if U plan to upgrade mah.

Comment

Hey

I got my mx3s second hand for 180 (only a few months old).

New one is 250 complete set.

In my opinion, unless you have intend to really go deep into the hobby get something really good. If not mx3s can meet all your needs.
                              for Rx try and get an systisize( ) one.
                              make sure it matches the frequency of your Rx for example mine is 40mHz.
                              I think you can save lotsa of money from using a systisize( ).
                              Gws Dragonfly
                              Hpi Rs4 3 18ss

Comment

Working...
                              X