Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning spray

In winnie shop there is a spray which u can use to clean ur nitro model.

Do u just sray it in the car and allow it to evaporate?
    how effective is it?
    in other words is it worth it
    Anyone here using any special sprays to clean the car? afraid that if i keep taking out the fuel tank and radio tray to clean it i might loosen the threads.
    Gws Dragonfly
    Hpi Rs4 3 18ss

Wobbly wheels

my wheels are slighty wobbly i can't seem to fix the problem,

does it have anything to do with the inserts?
    Gws Dragonfly
    Hpi Rs4 3 18ss

Comment

Hi,
      I dont play with cars, but i clean my Raptor with Spirit water,
      good and cheap, why dont your just take out the wheels and spry everthing?
      Spirit water works for me, good and cheap!
      sar.ratha@me.com
      DEVIL

Comment

will the spirit water damage any of the plastic parts?
        sorry i am really new to nitro
        Gws Dragonfly
        Hpi Rs4 3 18ss

Comment

Nothing wrong with the can spray(buggy blast i think..) except that if it gets to the bearings, it might wash out the lubricant in the bearings and reduce the life span of the bearing.

I use denatured alcohol occasionally when i do a complete tear down. Then i lub everything including the bearings.

Spirit should be fine as i used it before.
          One day... one day...

Comment

so if the bearing r sealed there should be no problem...

will it damge the servos?
            Gws Dragonfly
            Hpi Rs4 3 18ss

Comment

Originally posted by Lwh
              so if the bearing r sealed there should be no problem...

will it damge the servos?
              Err... no. The solvent will get into sealed bearings too. Just be careful when u spray the thing.

It won't damage the servo directly but it will remove the grease in the servo gears.
              One day... one day...

Comment

thnks
                Gws Dragonfly
                Hpi Rs4 3 18ss

Comment

That's an expensive way to clean cars IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Icon
                    Nothing wrong with the can spray(buggy blast i think..) except that if it gets to the bearings, it might wash out the lubricant in the bearings and reduce the life span of the bearing.
                    Oh nuts. I've soaked my bearings in this spray before.....then soaked it in WD40....how?
                    I can haz diving?

Comment

Originally posted by nightbreed
                      Oh nuts. I've soaked my bearings in this spray before.....then soaked it in WD40....how?
                      That's the correct way to clean bearings. Just re-lub it with bearing oil.......or Singer oil!
                      For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Personnally i don't like to use WD40 as it has corrosive properties. If not how does it remove rust?

I use bearing oil as i feel they penetrate better into the seals and onto the bearings. But they are expensive. The good news is a small bottle should last pretty long.

Think most EP car player clean bearing buy soaking them in Solvent too. Then they lube the bearing after cleaning them.
                        One day... one day...

Comment

Ok. I've read many posts recommending pple spray WD40 all over the buggy. Do they actually mean spray on every darn part? (excl electronics and brakes, I guess). Like that sounds very easy what. Use hose to wash off crap, shake dry, put in front of fan (or hairdryer) and spray WD40 all over.
                          I can haz diving?

Comment

Ok. I've read many posts recommending pple spray WD40 all over the buggy. Do they actually mean spray on every darn part? (excl electronics and brakes, I guess). Like that sounds very easy what. Use hose to wash off crap, shake dry, put in front of fan (or hairdryer) and spray WD40 all over.
                            I'll just spray WD40 librerally over the dirty nitro car, wait for while before blasting all the stuff away with compressed air. For more resistant dirt, I'll spray more WD40 and wipe with tissue.

For EP, most of the time a few blast from the air gun is all that's needed.

BTW, you can use Wet Ones to clean the car too. Pretty neat.
                            For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Use hose to wash off crap, shake dry, put in front of fan (or hairdryer) and spray WD40 all over.
                              I've never washed my car with water. Only the body shell.

Comment

Working...
                              X