Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

body cover

Hi,

Do u guys know any alternative to make body mount holes... other than a reamer. ( like using normal things u can find in the house)

do u spray then make the holes or is it the other way round...?

i'm reffering to hpi covers ( the 1 wit dimples on it )

The cover i am using is quite low so if i make a hole on top(which is needed) i think half the heat sink will be out.. do i still need to make holes in the windows?
    Gws Dragonfly
    Hpi Rs4 3 18ss

U using a nitro car? U can use a drill to make the holes. I think that u should mark the places where the holes should be before painting. U still need to cut holes in the window. If not how to refuel if it is a nitro car?

Comment

erm any other way to make holes?....
      might not hav excess to drills

and i am onli worried about overheating the car.
      refuel... willing to remove the cover to do it.
      so will the air flowing over the top be able to cool it?.. dat the problem

yes i am using nitro
      Gws Dragonfly
      Hpi Rs4 3 18ss

Comment

Originally posted by Lwh
        Hi,

Do u guys know any alternative to make body mount holes... other than a reamer. ( like using normal things u can find in the house)

do u spray then make the holes or is it the other way round...?

i'm reffering to hpi covers ( the 1 wit dimples on it )

The cover i am using is quite low so if i make a hole on top(which is needed) i think half the heat sink will be out.. do i still need to make holes in the windows?
        holes for body mount is easiest with reamer, so use it or not is up to you. as for holes on windows, if you think you already have enuff air circulation to cool the engine, then you can leave it as is lor. as far as i am concern, holes for refueling MAY NOT always be at the window, it depends on where your fuel tank is. impt thing is make sure got ventilation for the engine.
        Go Track Repair Car...Dun Call Me
        Go Track Talk Also...Dun Call Me
        Go Track Play Car...Can Call Me :na

Comment

I see ur signature that u have the 18ss?
          I have the MT2 last time. Yes Its a must to cut hole in the window for better circulation. If you want your engine to stay cool that is.

I cut the holes 1st then I spray...
          If I spray 1st, i might get scratches or have the tendancy to accidentally "peel" off the paint.

As for the hole for mounting, I use a conical file to slowly drill in. It might take a long time.
          -= Prowd Owner Of HPI SavageSS 4.6 =-

Comment

how bout thin heated screwdriver or metal ?

Comment

thnks for all info... i think will cut holes... muz keep engine cool..
              Gws Dragonfly
              Hpi Rs4 3 18ss

Comment

thin heated screwdriver or metal

wat that??... sorry still very new to the hobby
                Gws Dragonfly
                Hpi Rs4 3 18ss

Comment

Heated screwdriver

oh...i was like saying if u have any spare screwdriver lying around and suits your hole diameter..you can just heat the metal part and poke it trgh the shell.you can control the pressure you push in the shell.

Comment

Working...
                  X